X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

drfsupercenter, must be nice to be independently wealthy and not worry about money and what things cost. Must be nice to live with mommy and daddy, and no worries about what bill can I pay and which one do I put off for next time. I have a rent payment, car insurance and renter's insurance. Have to pay gas and electric. Then have to pay for gas for the car. Nothing is free which you like to believe it is. AT&T does not offer free phone service. There is no free cell phone service either. No free satellite or cable service either. My doctor's have told me I am not allowed to work so how can I afford a hard line phone service. With magicjack, I have voice mail, 3 way calling, unlimited local and long distance calling all for $19.99 for a full year. Have to find ways to save money. Then I am trying to figure out how to get heath insurance too, it is not free either.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

lol... drf what does high speed internet use have to do w/using a phone service? what's the correlation? please help us older guys understand this new concept. i chucked my landline as i just got a cell and everyone was calling me on my cell. so it was useless to have both. i just pay a lil xtra 4 what verizon dsl calls a dry loop 4 internet service alone. i too am on a limited income or i'd be posting from the caribbean hilton minutes from where i was at on my vacation. no free lunch drf. no one's giving out anything free. not even drm is free.

God bless America. it takes all kinds to make a world. sooner or later you have to live and face the real one.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I'm glad to hear it actually works at all. I figured it was a gimmick. Now if you guys find out about gigabit internet cheap.. please don't hesitate to post!! Files keep gettin' bigger but so far the "faster internet at no extra charge" is still just talk afaics.

Comment

• doctorhardware
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2006

I wish that AT&T would get off their butt and install fiber optic cable I would love it. My friend up north has it and it screams. Ans the advanced TV is also nice. If you want you can drop a feed from the HD recorder in to 4 different rooms. Then each room can watch 4 different programs.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

lol... drf what does high speed internet use have to do w/using a phone service? what's the correlation? please help us older guys understand this new concept. i chucked my landline as i just got a cell and everyone was calling me on my cell. so it was useless to have both. i just pay a lil xtra 4 what verizon dsl calls a dry loop 4 internet service alone. i too am on a limited income or i'd be posting from the caribbean hilton minutes from where i was at on my vacation. no free lunch drf. no one's giving out anything free. not even drm is free.
            The correlation is that many ISPs also offer cable TV and telephone service. From WideOpenWest, we get digital cable TV and Internet... they also have a phone service with unlimited domestic calling. I know Comcrap has one too.
            And with only 8mbps connection, I would hate having half of that eaten up by having a phone line use it. Especially since you need SOFTWARE... if your computer is turned off, no phone number. So you tell me, electric bill or phone bill?

(That being said, leaving the computer on doesn't use much electricity... I do it all the time)

It's more the idea that you need their software running 24/7 to even use the thing as a phone device... you know what else has that kind of characteristic? Spyware.
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2006

Comcast for their internet price after the special it is $65 and some change for internet.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

Which is why I don't use Comcast

Ours is about $85 a month for 8 megabit Internet and digital cable TV.
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2006

That would be nice but wideopenwest is not available where I am at. So what I do now. Also there is things that I know things about power meters but enough said on that.

Comment

• evoseano
                    • Mar 2008

I got one and is saving me alot of money you have to get more ram so it will work while on the internet at the same time its good for me I just turn of the internet

Comment

Working...