Image editor that can load image from command line url?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Image editor that can load image from command line url?

Anyone know a free Windows Image Editor(like Irfanview or Photofiltre) that can read the image from a URL on the command line?

What I'd like to be able to do, instead of copying the image itself to the clipboard, opening an image editor, then hitting paste.. is just pass the URL of the image on the web to the image editor and have it load it on startup like:

ImgEditor SomeFakeWebSite/SomeImage.bmp

and ImgEditor would open with the image loaded.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

with an add-on like a context menu editor in a browser like firefox i think you should be able to send the picture to your favourite application with a rightclick in this context menu

could that be an alternative?

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

I'm coming from the other direction because stuff like Launchy won't work with the text link. At least on my machines with my browsers you have to right click the image, not the link. I have a utility that passes text from the clipboard to the command line and launches an app. So if I could find an image editor that could load from URL then it would be ideal.

The other way to do it is just use an IrfanView shortcut with /clippaste but that requires copying the image to the clipboard. I'm trying to use the URL because then I could integrate everything using text only clipboard handling. Handling other formats would make the code a jumble and take a lot of time to debug when it's just a simple launcher, not a screenshot app.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I think what I'm trying to do isn't worth it since the feature is not usual to the image editors I know. Guess I'll just worry about clipboard text.

edit: what I did for now is package another program with Selector to download the image and launch it with selected image editor. I'll try that approach for awhile.
        Last edited by MilesAhead; 14 Sep 2009, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...