X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Win 7 64 bits.

No issues with the latest version of FF.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

No more issues since I chucked it. My memory was getting eaten alive by the sec./min. Now it's not, and I don't have memory issues. I'll wait until they actually post Windows 7 compatible. It is not true that if it worked in Vista it'll work in 7.

Thnx for the reply as always and have a very Happy New Year.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Beiss
        • Dec 2009

I've found that Google usually finds what I'm looking for, and it's usually at the top of the list. I've used Bing accidentally a few times (wrong default setting in the browser etc) and didn't like it, both because I didn't find what I was looking for (searching for the same thing on Google a moment later, I did) and because of how it looked. No reason not to use Google afaic.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

The Apple, Google fracas may give Microsoft some good news as Apple may decide to use Bing as the default search engine on the iPhone, replacing Google:

Apple is talking with Microsoft about making it the default search engine provider for the iPhone, replacing Google, BusinessWeek reported on Wednesday.
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Well I've been using IE 8 for a while now since FF started acting up. No issues w/IE 8, but BING definitely needs to start upgrading their answers to searches. They're a bit lagging and not so precise right now.

That new MSN Home Page is nice though. About time they cleaned it up. I see MS coming hard. Playing days seem over, and if Apple goes through w/this that's great, but APPLE usually has their own agenda. They better make BING fully compatible on the iPhone. That whole AT&t service has been a catastrophe from the beginning.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

There's been some tension between Apple and Google since Google is now encroaching onto Apple's domain in terms of phones and even an operating system (as well as browsers, and Internet services, and I just posted the news that Google wants to trial video rentals on YouTube and perhaps eventually take on iTunes).

By supporting the less popular search engine, it does Apple no harm in limiting Google's ambitions. It's ironic because Apple and Google joined forces initially to take on Microsoft, but Google's success has Apple worried (and they should be).

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

I think that they all should be worried about Uncle Bill. He came Guns Blazing like a overnight letter. I also find it strange that Apple gets w/Uncle Bill as they sued MS years back to get IE/Explorer or w/e on their Macs. Apple I heard hasn't been fairing to well either. There computers are virtually worthless for everyday tasks like for school kids etc... My friend's aquaintance from across his job said he bought his kid a MAC LT for scool. The kid brought it to him a couple of days later and told him it was useless for school. Now there's a $1200 or w/e Apple LT laying around the house and he had to get a PC too.

This is all business though. Yes Apple's better off w/Uncle Bill because no matter what I don't see Google getting anywhere close to a OS like Windows. Services, browsers, those are perks, or gravy as they say. Ttytt I now am more w/Uncle Bill as ever. If I had the cash on hand I might of even joined that Technet Club and enjoy w/e they get. I sure as heck wouldn't of mind getting free 7 to take home that's for sure.

Comment

• admin
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2001

Well the actual uncle Bill is a civilian now, so he's just sitting back and enjoying the fireworks

If you look at Apple, Microsoft and Google's product ranges, I think Apple is maybe starting to see Google coming into their territory more and more. Windows and Mac OS X are competitors, but you'll find it hard to convince an user of one to go to the other, but more importantly, new Macs are Intel based and can run Windows. Apple makes money off the hardware and the bundled OS X, but the same system can also run Windows (with support from Apple), and that suits everyone. In other areas, like phones of media players, Microsoft is way behind Apple on everything and Microsoft's image makes it hard to compete against the hip, trendy Apple.

But Google's friendlier image means that it is a direct threat to Apple. When Google concentrated on web apps, Apple didn't mind, since the iPhone benefited from having things like Google search and Google maps. But now that Google has taken what they've learned from the Apple partnership to develop their own phone and apps space, that's a huge threat for Apple. I think Apple makes the majority of their income from the iPhone and iPhone apps these days, so step one is to stop helping Google to develop their iPhone killer (which is still far away, but with Google's superior range of web apps, they're already ahead of the iPhone in many ways).

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

I'd say 54 billion on Windows alone is not bad. Apple can use Windows but they needed MS to approve that if I'm not mistaken. Also MS profits from every OEM/Retail Disc one buys to put into a Mac. If you can't do ordinary tasks easily and efficiently then no matter what gizmos anyone offers is a mood point. I don't see too many topics or threads on MAC OS X for Video Work here.

As far as image that's where it starts and ends. If you want to take a girl home from Starbucks on the 1st night, just go in w/a $3000.00 Mac and she'll open the door for you. The bedroom door.

The iPhone might be selling and making $$$ but it's still a nightmare as far as service. If the reception's not bad, the internet's out. So forth and so forth. So they could put out all the services they want, then come to a PC to do the work.

Yes that's correct w/support from Apple, which is why many don't even want to go that route. What do you do when your Apple breaks down? Can't take it to a mom n pop shop to fix, or the iPhone either. You have to go to Apple. Lots of my friends who can't even go to properties in My Computer already got hip to that Apple rip off. One guy can afford 100 Apples and said never again. Not because it didn't work, but more so because he didn't need a $3500.00 LT to surf and etc...

As far as Intel, well here we go again. You know most users don't know anything about computers other than My Space, Face Book etc... After a lil dose of AMD CPUs they'll be chucking out the extra cash for a computer w/AMD.

Like you said though people get complacent with everything. I'll never buy a computer now that I can build one, unless it's a LT.

One ? If Apple is so doing much better etc... then why even worry about being able to put Windows on their Macs? Good ? huh. If I was big boy on campus or thought I was I could care less about you. I'd just keep focusing on my stuff and making it even better.

IE: Going to use Bing as default search engine huh. That's free?

Like George Steinbrenner told Johnny Damon when he finished his last year w/Boston and was a free agent. "Come home Johnny." Now he has World Series Rings from each rival.

Comment

Working...