• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuneo
    • Jan 2004

ImgBurn for dummies

Like me

Hi all Happy New Year!

Is there any EASY way to go from a "shrinked" file using Imgburn to burn???

Read the above method's,and sorry to say it's wayyyyyy beyond my feeble capabilities.

Sorry about the "slacker" attitude,but I use DVD95 for most burns that aren't working with Shrink/Nero....with Shrink/Nero being my first choice usually.

Not that i'm experimenting mith DL....I am getting many expensive coaster's with Shrink/Nero,and the only decent DL backup's are usually DVD95.

ALL DVDFab DL attempt's have ended in coaster's....so until the bug's are found...in DL Fab I can't afford the chance.

If I need to download defunct DVDdecrypter to use ImgBurn I don't think I will spend the time...sorry.

I downloaded ImgBurn,and tried to open a shrinked file,and obviously ImgBurn won't recognize or open the file...

Any "easy" way to open a "shrinked" file with ImgBurn????

Thanks
    K
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

you have to tell shrink to make an iso
    Attached Files

Comment

• kuneo
      • Jan 2004

Thanks Chewy,saw your attachment,but can't find how to make an ISO with my version of Shrink 3.0 beta 5???????

K

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

it won't, that started later

Comment

• kuneo
          • Jan 2004

now I don't feel that stoopid

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

hey,
            I just found out last week, join the club!
            the iso noob club

Comment

• kuneo
              • Jan 2004

OK..... downloaded latest Shrink 3.2,and saw how it asked about ISO (even saw it recognized in ImgBurn when I tried a small download.

Here's my next question;

If I create the ISO file....where does it hide in my computer? so I can delete it when finshed. (I hate it when there's large files I can't find to delete).

With my older version of Shrink...the file always allowed me to label it,and it would reside in my "document" section- making it easy to find and delete.

Thanks
              K

Comment

• blutach
                Not a god of digital video
                • Oct 2004

I just write ISOs to my desktop for easy removal later. Anyways, they are hard to miss - search for files larger than 3Gb!

Regards
                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• kuneo
                  • Jan 2004

Thanks Les;

Didn't see where I could save it to my desktop,but haven't fooled with it that much ....yet.

Hate having to "search" for files,but have many times....
                  Specially as we all watch our HD storage limit's with DVD's

K

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

save to desktop to find, that's not a good idea for some of us!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• kuneo
                      • Jan 2004

The older version of Shrink i use...used to automatically save to desktop...now it sends to documents...why I don't know...as long as I can find the bugger.

Will experiment with newer version of Shrink,and ISO in the next few days...for now it's back to work (((( Cheers

K

Comment

• soup
                        Just Trying To Help
                        • Nov 2005

Kuneo you can also search for files that have iso in them as that is what you create and that is what is attached as a file extension.

Comment

• techreactor
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2005

Went through this post, but then a question came to my mind (slightly offtopic)

When Shrink creates an ISO does it do it on the fly or first creates the output files and then an ISO out of them(which means more time) ???

Although I will test this theory, but just incase someone already knows!!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

I have benched the iso creation vs video files, a few seconds difference
                            if that?

Comment

• titanfan1017
                              • Dec 2005

If you use DVD Decryptor( I see that you don't) It has a check mark to delete the file after burn. Does IMG Burn not have that?

Big Daddy Dan
                              "Stop thinking politically correct, Start thinking Playstation2, Let's blow some SH%t up!"
                              Vin Deisle

Comment

Working...