Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robinn
    • Jan 2005

Imgburn error message

I get these error messages when i burn a DL DVD using Imgburn, but not when I use decrypter. Does anyone know what this error message means. Its in the Picture.
    Attached Files
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

whcih program you creat iso?
    sigpic

Comment

• blutach
      Not a god of digital video
      • Oct 2004

You need to set a layer break. This is a safeguard to ensure you do not make an expensive coaster.

See How to burn DL disks safely in my signature.

Regards
      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• robinn
        • Jan 2005

I used dvdshrink to make the iso. The weird thing is it burned fine using decrypter. I didn't get a chance to watch the movie after I burned it. If I watch it will it screw up when the layer break happens. If I get the error message again, should I just continue anyway and let it burn.
        Last edited by robinn; 1 Mar 2006, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

for double layer, you need a layer break, the problem with dvd fab is not keeping it, and shrink iso is the same way. you need to use pgcedit to creat the iso before you can burn with imgburn ( you were lucky because if you use dvdd you can watch on comp but not dvd player ( stand alone)
          sigpic

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
            Author of ImgBurn
            • Dec 2001

ImgBurn is way more advanced than DVD Decrypter.

That warning is new and didn't exist in DVD Decrypter, that's why it didn't display it.

All you've ended up with is a DL disc that's not built / burnt properly.

If it plays, you're lucky that you have a forgiving standalone player!
            The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

I strongly doubt it will play in a standalone. I tried the exact same thing until I found BDLS in blutach's sig. It will burn no problem but it is not complete.

Comment

• robinn
                • Jan 2005

I just started burning with DL DVD's and they're all playing fine in my standaline DVD player. Now granted, I haven't watched any of them from start to finish, so I haven't seen what happen when the layer break comes up. But they all at least work when I play it in my DVD player. Go figure.

Comment

• NightTran
                  King of Digital Video
                  King of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

I have been there
                  sigpic

Comment

• robinn
                    • Jan 2005

Can I set the layer break using Decrypter or DVDshrink.

Comment

• NightTran
                      King of Digital Video
                      King of Digital Video
                      • Aug 2005

you have to have the original> dvd iso read> imgburn write
                      sigpic

Comment

• robinn
                        • Jan 2005

I'm a little confused. I set dvdshrink to DV9 under the preferences and saved the iso, which was about 7gb. Then I opened IMGburn, loaded the iso and got the error message listed in my first post. Is there anything in DVDshrink that I can do before I save iso to prevent that error message. Is there a step I'm missing.

Comment

• Jack Lurker
                          Oh Bugger! It's bust again!
                          • Jun 2005

There is no need to use shrink at all when copying to a dvd9, just use the ISO read mode in DVD Decrypter and you will have two files on Hard drive, an ISO and an MDS file. Open Imgburn and browse for the MDS file and select it. The MDS file will contain the layer break infomation and anything else Imgburn needs.

Here's the guide that soup mentioned. It looks complicated but isnt, as long as you can understand Blu's Aussie accent! Blutach's guide to dl burning with pgcedit.
                          Last edited by Jack Lurker; 3 Mar 2006, 05:06 AM. Reason: Jeez! My spelling is pi#@ poor!
                          Jack

The best thing for trees is a bloody big axe! Works for stupidity too!!
                          You have a problem? Search the forums, you 'aint the first person to have your problem thats for sure!!
                          There's a bloke called Blutach here somewhere, check out his signature. Loads of useful info in it!

Comment

• NightTran
                            King of Digital Video
                            King of Digital Video
                            • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by robinn
                            I'm a little confused. I set dvdshrink to DV9 under the preferences and saved the iso, which was about 7gb. Then I opened IMGburn, loaded the iso and got the error message listed in my first post. Is there anything in DVDshrink that I can do before I save iso to prevent that error message. Is there a step I'm missing.
                            when you do this method, the layer break is gone so you can't watch on stand alone player
                            sigpic

Comment

• robinn
                              • Jan 2005

I tried the ISO read way using decrypter and using the MDS file and that worked for backing up the whole DVD without changing it. But what if I just want to backup the movie onto a DL without the menus.

Comment

Working...