Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snagel
    • Apr 2006

Saving files from imgburn

One more question? After the burn from Shrink my iso files were saved in C:Rambo III. Then Img Burn loads these files from there to burn a copy disc. Does Img create burn files during the burn. I couldn't find them. If so where do I find these files to delete them.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

There are no files to delete. Only the ISO file if you did not instruct ImgBurn to delete it after the burning was done.

Comment

• snagel
      • Apr 2006

Where is the iso file. Is that the file from Shrink? Thanks in advance. snagel

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Where is the iso file.
        C:Rambo III

Comment

• snagel
          • Apr 2006

reply cynthia

thanks cynthia, I am too used to other programs using a separate destination to save the burn files. I appreciate you, thanks cynthia.

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

ImgBurn creates a burn log if you have that option checked in Tools / settings / events. It will save it in Program Files / ImgBurn / Log. It is always handy to do this just in case there are problems.

Comment

• cynthia
              Super Moderatress
              • Jan 2004

There is also a version of DVD Shrink that allows you to burn directly to ImgBurn.

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
                Author of ImgBurn
                • Dec 2001

Did you not just use 'Build' mode and set the output to 'Device' (i.e. direct to DVD) ?

If that's what you did, there wouldn't be any files from ImgBurn. It doesn't make any intermediate ones so all you'd have is your original video_ts folder + its contents.

Your original post is a little confusing as you talk about iso files whereas normally you'd just get 1 ISO file. You could get multiple IFO files (+VOB's and BUP's) if you were outputting to a VIDEO_TS folder.
                Last edited by LIGHTNING UK!; 1 Nov 2006, 07:54 AM.
                The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• snagel
                  • Apr 2006

re Lightning

I had it go to the D: drive for burning. I guess I just thought that the burn would have files that needed to be deleted afterwards.

Comment

• snagel
                    • Apr 2006

Lightning, I was only aware of the Shrink files, I have deleted those. Another question is concerning another post about FAT32 files. Is there a problem if they are put on a FAT32 system. or would it be better for them to be put on NSTF on my C: drive.

Cynthia, I did use the version of DVD Shrink directly to Img burn. where the first burn failed for what ever reason. I then reopened IMGburn and tried using the files in the shrink folder.

Comment

• snagel
                      • Apr 2006

Soup I saved the imgburn log. I expected to see video files saved after the burn to some destination.

Comment

• soup
                        Just Trying To Help
                        • Nov 2005

Nero & ImgBurn only create burning logs. What actually happened with the burn, that's all.

Comment

• snagel
                          • Apr 2006

Thanks soup, I haven't burned but only two discs since July so I am forgetting that even Nero didn't save the files but only the logs.

Comment

Working...