• Show
Clear All
  • Dr Klovernutz
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2005

Book setting in IMGburn

hello

I recently had an issue with a DVD that led me to a walkthrough with ImgBurn. During this walk-through there was a section that refered me to the Change Book Type. I have back-up ed up over 200+ DVDs with the settings as blank (basically I left them as "Please Select...")

I have a NEC 3550A 1.Y6 (mod firmware)

I always use Verbatim DVD+R or DVD+R DL

Now on the NEC tab in the Change Book Type, when I select DVD+R or DVD+R DL , Current setting Displays DVD-ROM (however there are a limited # of changes permitted, 498 for DVD+R, and 33266 for DVD+R DL)

I have 3 questions:

1. Is this the result of the firmware (Pre-set DVD-ROM)? (I think so, not 100%)
    2. Should I just never bother with this unless I switch media to DVD-R, or do I need to select DVD+R or DVD+R DL each burn, ro do I never want to bother with it?
    3. What about the Number of changes remaining?
  • Gary D
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Do not bother with temporary settings. Set all 3 to DVD-ROM and forget about it

Why anyone would want to set a +R to the +R setting when ROM is available is beyond me. I have been burning ROM settings since day 1 with that drive. I have yet to find a player that will not play them.

BTW: What was your setting for DL +Rs?
    Gary D

Comment

• Dr Klovernutz
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Jul 2005

DVD-ROM for DLs

Comment

Working...