Should i start using img burn instead of decrypter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DVDFan1969
    • Nov 2005

Should i start using img burn instead of decrypter?

Or will i still get problems like i would with Decrypter? just wondering if i should change or not.
  • Gary D
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Well DVD D is not updated anymore because of the ripping part of it.

BUT

The burning part of DVD D "morphed" into ImgBurn. ImgBurn is being constantly improved with a new release about every six months. Both programs have the same author: Lightning UK!

Here is a link to the ImgBurn forum: LINK

If you can not find the answers in the guides there, then you can ask the questions there or here. LUK! frequently visits the ImgBurn forum here.

I use ImgBurn and Nero depending on my needs. I use Nero to burn 2 copies at once or if I need 1 copy, then I prefer ImgBurn. But when it comes to DL media, no other program (that I know off) will beat ImgBurn.

BTW: Your files do not have to be in ISO mode any longer as ImgBurn has a "build mode" to convert your files to ISO automatically. This is great a feature when you want to do other editing with programs like MenuShrink, PgcEdit, and FixVTS.

EDIT: I also love the bitsetting feature of ImgBurn if your drive will support it for DVD+Rs.
    Last edited by Gary D; 30 Jan 2007, 05:05 AM. Reason: More information
    Gary D

Comment

• DVDFan1969
      • Nov 2005

Gary,that is one thing i am concerned about on your comment of "ImgBurn updates every 6 months" in the meantime so many dvd's will not work with it because of newer decryption. Kinda like how DVD Fab Decrypter won't understand some movies until a new update is released and how ripit4me and FixVTS also won't without an update. If it updates every 6 months,won't that cause a problem somewhat? Just curious.

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by DVDFan1969
        Gary,that is one thing i am concerned about on your comment of "ImgBurn updates every 6 months" in the meantime so many dvd's will not work with it because of newer decryption. Kinda like how DVD Fab Decrypter won't understand some movies until a new update is released and how ripit4me and FixVTS also won't without an update. If it updates every 6 months,won't that cause a problem somewhat? Just curious.
        Imageburn is not a ripper, it is the burning engine from DVD Decrypter that has continued to be updated by the author Lightning UK!

Comment

• DVDFan1969
          • Nov 2005

ok i just assumed you could use this in place of Decrypter. my mistake.

Comment

• Gary D
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by DVDFan1969
            ok i just assumed you could use this in place of Decrypter. my mistake.
            Now if you want the best of both worlds, then I would recommend getting ImgBurn and DVD Shrink that burns with ImgBurn.

Now my choice of decrypters is a "master" program called RipIt4Me. It calls on DVD D to decrypt, then it fixes the IFO errors, then it uses FixVTS to correct the VOBs errors, then it calls up DVD Shrink. You then select what languages, titles, etc., you want and then it will shrink your files and then burn them with ImgBurn. I always do a few more things before Shrink like MenuShrink and use PgcEdit. But that came with time as I got more experienced.
            Gary D

Comment

• DVDFan1969
              • Nov 2005

yeah

Gary i know all about Ripit4me. i have that program. I just thought as IMGBurn leaves off where Decrypter left off i just assumed it could rip as well. Another one that ever since ripit4me came out that too many people forget to recommend besides ripit4me is DVD Fab Decrypter. everyutime i go into the Decrypter board when so many people were having problems,one guy recommended Fab and people rushed to it. Then after 2 months of it someone else went "i found out about ripit4me" and since then Fab Decrypter just sits there because now everyone recommends that. Not sure why but i use all 3 of Decrypter,Fab Decrypter,and ripit4me,and i use them in that order. If Decrypter gives errors due to the protection,i go to Fab,when that gives problems,and rarely does it,i go to ripit4me. Anyway,thanks for the advice just the same.

Comment

Working...