Bad Burns using ImgBurn -- what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

you can go ahead and test but lower that write speed to 4x

Comment

• Nikonking
      • Mar 2007

I want to express my appreciation for all the help you guys have provided a total stranger. Seriously -- thank you. It means a lot.

I'll be stopping by Best Buy this afternoon to purchase the verbatims. I have NOT yet downloaded the firmware. I want to test the setup without first. I also lowered ImgBurn's write speed to 4x.

Also, something occurred to me last night. I bought a Treo 700 two weeks ago, and had major problems with the software. I tried to install the thing 346 times and it wasn't able to find my Treo until I ended up successfully doing a USB switchback maneuver, and then bang-- there it was. Is this where my problem originated? Keep in mind, I was able to rip/burn just fine before. But all this time, I've been blaming my using the new version of ripit4me as the source of my problems....

Comment

• Nikonking
        • Mar 2007

Burn results...

I burned "Monty Python's Holy Grail" last night with the new settings. I was shocked at how fast it burned!! I was used to burns taking between one and two hours!

There were a couple places where the movie skipped to the next chapter. I could rewind to get back to the skipped part, but it's an interesting development. So does this represent a "successful" burn? Are there changes I still need to make?
        Attached Files

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Nikonking
          I burned "Monty Python's Holy Grail" last night with the new settings. I was shocked at how fast it burned!! I was used to burns taking between one and two hours!

There were a couple places where the movie skipped to the next chapter. I could rewind to get back to the skipped part, but it's an interesting development. So does this represent a "successful" burn? Are there changes I still need to make?
          first read the rule for burning you are using CMC media and you will never know what you will get, there are verbatim and TY that are still availble and cheap enough to buy then those CMC, fail to verify it is mean something wrong with your burn
          sigpic

Comment

• Mike89
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • May 2005

Currently HP and Memorex disks are CMC (CMC Magnetics Corporation). Not sure how many others are. This does change sometimes cause I've had Memorex before that were Ricoh. I think they buy whatever is a good deal at the time.

Don't confuse CMC with MCC (Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation), which Verbatim uses.
            Last edited by Mike89; 27 Mar 2007, 11:47 AM.
            I7 920 @ 3.5 gig (ThermalRight U120E 1366 RT Heatsink), Asus P6T, 3x1024 Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 280, NEC 90GX2, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Lite-on IHAS4228 SATA DVD R/W, Pioneer DVR-216D SATA DVD R/W, LG GH22NS30 SATA DVD R/W, 2 WD 640 gig (32 meg cache) SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig SATA External HDD (eSata), Winfast USB2 TV Tuner, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows XP Pro

Comment

Working...