X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

I have 111D it is ok but unless all my Benq are dieing I will not put it back in :-0
    sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Pioneer's are about as good as it gets with dual layer, but not really that good with single layer and if you want to bittset dvd+r you have to crossflash to pioneer/buffalo firmware.

for a better selection go here

The best deals on laptops, PC, game systems, components, small appliances, cables, and office supplies. Save more by shopping online or in-store!

If I had to buy a new dvd burner and lived in the frozen north I would probably get this one
      The best deals on laptops, PC, game systems, components, small appliances, cables, and office supplies. Save more by shopping online or in-store!

but I am too cheap to burn dual layer

Comment

• bigggt
        • Jul 2004

thanks guys

Chewy i read the review on that one but i only do single layer dvd-r and the reviews for dvd-r on that one are not the best

any other suggestions for a good single layer dvd-r

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

benq 1655 if you can find it
          sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

what reviews? it's fine with good media, like the liteon's there was some leadin problems

ask this member, he has one and uses dvd-r

Comment

• Dan
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by bigggt
              thanks guys

Chewy i read the review on that one but i only do single layer dvd-r and the reviews for dvd-r on that one are not the best

any other suggestions for a good single layer dvd-r
              Chewy linked you to the burner I bought a few months ago. I have had nothing but good things to say about it since.

It isn't the fastest reader (12x), but everything else is top notch IMO.

Make sure you have the latest firmware SB05, as some of the older firmware had a lead in problem with DVD-R media.

I purchased a spindle of TYG02 DVD-R 8x from that same site (Canada Computer's) and the combo works great.

The burner you choose is up to you, but trust me nobody on here would link you to a burner that wasn't up for the job.

EDIT:

Here is a scan of my first burn with TYG02 DVD-R on the SH-S182D that I posted awhile back.

Last edited by Dan; 30 May 2007, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

Now I wouldn't trade 10 or 20 of those online reviews for Dan's. Most of the negative comments on any burner are usually people with computer issues or don't even know how to hook one up.

Comment

• Dan
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                  Now I wouldn't trade 10 or 20 of those online reviews for Dan's. Most of the negative comments on any burner are usually people with computer issues or don't even know how to hook one up.
                  Thanks Chewy.

Like most of us on here, we just go by personal experience which means a whole lot more then some nobody that didn't like his purchase.

Chewy led me to buying an NEC 3550 back when I knew very little about burners, or burning in general.

Still producing trophy burns, best money I ever spent.

Comment

• bigggt
                    • Jul 2004

Thanks guys

I will order it

Comment

• Dan
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Dec 2005

No problem bigggt. I hope you like it as well as I like mine.

Comment

Working...