Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waraich
    • Mar 2007

need some help..

well i just burnt a dvd using imgburn in the write mode, but when i tried to play it on my dvd player it said the dvd is Incompatilbe, don't know if im doing something wrong or it have something to do with setting.. im just trying to make a dvd which should b able to play on all dvd players,, does imgburn have that feature in it? some help would b nice, thnx....
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

welcome to the forum

if the burned dvd plays in your computer but your standalone dvd player says incompatible, make sure you haven't made a pal dvd and your country uses ntsc?

or vice versa

Download MediaInfo for free. A unified display of relevant technical and tag data for A/V files. MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

hi. imgburn burns as is. what you put in is what comes out. did you create an image and then burn? or did you use build mode to make an image of vob, ibf files?

also certain stand alone players won't play everything. better to go generic when burning videos. best buy has their brand Insignia which will play anything whatsoever.

also if you're doing anything concerning rule 19, i think it's 19, you should know that what you do depends largely where it goes. check out your blank media also.

i always go dvd-r when burning for stand alone. you'd be surprise how finnicky a player can be.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• browneye
        jack of all trades - master of some
        • Mar 2007

I see best buy has Insignia® - DVD Player with MP3 Playback/JPEG Viewer for $26.00 on sale that's pretty cheap! My old Apex is on it's way out, maybe I'll pick one up.

I was wondering if I should switch to +R's or stick with the -R's I've been using. Now maybe I'll stay with them. thanks

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Your welcome. you won't go wrong w/ Insignia. Believe me.I'm going to snatch one myself soon. My magnavox is still holding up and it just about plays everything also.

As far as dvd+r's lot of the fellas like bitsetting and tweeking them to dvd-r's. it's fun and challenging to learn some of the lil tricks w/digital media, especially w/Imgburn which is an excellent burning application and free as well.

I personally stick w/dvd-r's simply because i don't plan on using them for other than my stand alone dvd player, and once it's on there that's it. Can't write over them or mess them up. You could always find great deals on dvd-r's, either online or at stores like Best Buy, Staples, P.C. Richards, etc....

Blank media is also something to choose wisely as many burners are also funny about burning certain brands. every once in a while if you haven't done so already try to search in the forums for anything you might want to check out.

There's sticky's on most of the things we usually use and ask about. They're excellent.

Other than that just keep asking, the fellas here will take care of most of your concerns, if not all.
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...