Internet Community Strikes Down Xbox 360 Thief With Great Vengeance and Furious Anger

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Internet Community Strikes Down Xbox 360 Thief With Great Vengeance and Furious Anger

It's a story about a guy who had his notebook, Xbox 360 (and other things stolen), somehow ends up talking to the thief on Xbox Live (the thief wanted to sell the stolen 360 back to the guy), and through the Internet (mainly due to an unhelpful police department), the thief is found (and now dubbed the "Xboxmoron") and some Internet justice is dished out, and the guy gets his stuff back.

Here's the link to the full story:

Wiki page for "Xboxmoron":

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Power of the internet!!

Nice find there admin,

Here in the USA there is NO justice for the crooks that steel.
    The laws in this country tend to protect the bad guys and not the victums.

I loved the comment that guy made of not to self never move tp Philly. LOL

Should read note to self never move to the USA. LOL

I have had things stolen as well and and 1 time my items were recovered by police and they did NOTHING to the kid that stole it they say they cant jail a kid under 17 and nothing ever happened no fine no justuce at all !! Kid walked but I did get my cell phone back.

I love this part the best:
    There’s really no justice quite like internet justice. Some people have pointed out that a threat left on Xbox Live is flimsy evidence that this kid is the actual thief and not just the guy who bought it off the thief. That may be true, but it’s still a little hard to explain how an internet search that started with an Xbox Live account brought back a picture of a kid who looks a lot like the guy trying to pawn a Powerbook that sounds remarkably like the stolen one. Besides, even if he weren’t the one who broke into McPherson’s house, he still knowingly bought some stolen goods and then bragged about it to the rightful owner. That’s worthy enough of some internet backlash, I say.
    The net is a powerful tool! For good and bad.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...