Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lfcrule1972
    Liverpool 'til I die......
    • Nov 2003

mmm I think Arsenal will be a target for the less informed media following Vieira's departure, personally I thought you played ok and didn't really miss him

Wigan were unlucky and I see Jose was big enough to admit it too !
    "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Of course Mourinho is willing to admit his team was lucky - he won the game. The same with us in the FA Cup. I'm sure he wants everyone to think of him as the special one, hence the being friendly to the opposition players and managers act, but if he really wanted to be a respected manager, then STOP TAPPING UP PLAYERS AND INVENTING CONSPIRACY THEORIES ABOUT FIXTURES.

Looking forward to the big game on Sunday. A draw is likely, but I wonder what the media will make of it if we actually win the game? Lucky Arsenal? Ref on our side?
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Oriphus
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Aug 2003

Man Utd - good win against the toffees for you Chris, whilst in a queue for a 'coaster at Busch Gardens I had a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan asking me why Glazer was so unpopular at Old Trafford, I was actually quite diplomatic but admin's link to the sign at Old Trafford would have come in handy !!
        It was a good win and we could have won by a larger margin also. Pretty pleased with the result thats for sure, but i think there were instances that we could improve on.

As long as Glazer has the clubs best interest at heart, as well as his own financial gain, then i dont really have too many problems. I want United to be successful, I dont want ticket prices to go up by too much, and i want United to continue to develop and buy top players.

Looking forward to the weekend. I got a good few points on my fantasy football results.
        http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

what happened to wrestling

Comment

• jill t
            Banned
            • Mar 2005

Jelly or Mud?

Sorry wrong forum and wrong thread

Comment

• lfcrule1972
              • Nov 2003

Oh please Jill/tiger don't spoil a "class" thread !!

I guess the jury will be out for a while on the Man Utd/Glazer situation, the bloke I spoke to in the US thought he would be good for the club as when he bought the Bucaneers they went on to win some tin pot trophy called the Superbowl or something

As for the weekend games I think we are all looking forward to the Chelsea/Arsenal clash, I will be supporting the Gunners but I think it will be a draw too, should the Arsenal win I can see hysteria in the press about Wenger talking to the ref at half time or the ball not crossing the line - ha ha ha....

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

tigerman8u/jill_t: you are both playing a dangerous game

Did the Glazers really intervene and prevent ManYoo from buying Owen? I think not buying Owen to keep Rooney happy is probably a more plausible explanation.

Bloody international friendlies again - just one game into the new season as well

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                  • Nov 2003

Ha ha - they don't deserve a ban admin - they should be taught the error of their ways instead

I heard that Owens move was skuppered to keep Rooney happy as well.... Who knows what the truth is at the moment ? I can't believe we have a friendly tonight either - plus its Denmark and I don't think we play that well against them.....

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• Oriphus
                    Digital Video Technician
                    Digital Video Technician
                    • Aug 2003

England got a right hammering....

As for Owen, i dont think he was ever going to come to United. I think its much more likely that he either goes to Liverpool on loan, or goes to another club that can handle his wages. I dont think we need him...although in saying that, we have lost one of the top strikers in the world - what will we do without Bellion??

Alex Fergusons top signings:

- Eric Djemba Djemba
                    - David Bellion
                    - Kleberson
                    - Diego Forlan

Need i go on. He has made a few good signings, such as Ferdinand, Rooney, Van the Man, Ronaldo, Heinze, Smith, etc....but most of those were at phenominal prices.

Comment

• admin
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2001

I think England needs Sol Campbell back. In all the recent past competitions (World Cup, Euro), he has been the rock of defence, and the reason why England was able to pick up wins and draws when they looked like losing (which was pretty much every game - and that header was not a foul, not that I care). Sol hopefully will be back in our defence as soon as he is fit (unless he is sold, which could happen if the rumours are true), and as good as Terry is, he doesn't have the international experience and presence that Campbell has.

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                        • Nov 2003

That performance was simply shocking last night - 4-1 to Denmark !!! I mean first half we were pretty average but the second half was just embarrassing ! Owen did nothing to impress any suitors. Gerrard and Carra had their worst games in months and David James should never ever be allowed to disgrace and England jersey again....

Very very poor - if I was Welsh this morning (thank God I am not) I would be laughing my head off and very much looking fwd to our qualifier....

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• admin
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2001

Why is Sven still the England manager? If only his move to Chelsea had gone through (bloody nosy photographer and the tabloid press), they could be playing Championship football, instead of playing football as Champions.

Comment

• Oriphus
                            Digital Video Technician
                            Digital Video Technician
                            • Aug 2003

lol - yeah - Sven has to be the worst England Manager in a long time. Look at the amazing pool of players he has to choose from yet he always seems to mess it up.

As for Sol, i doubt he'll be staying at Arsenal much longer. I think the likelyhood of him miving on seems to be increasing all the time.

Comment

• admin
                              Administrator
                              • Nov 2001

After I posted, Arsenal issued a statement saying Sol is not leaving, which judging by previous times Arsenal has issued a statement about anything, means he is definitely gone then

The question posed last season was that if Senderos (through luck or skill) is keeping clean sheets (10 in 12 games or something like that), why change the defence for the sake of bringing on a bigger name player, which might not (or in this case, literally cannot) improve anything. Sol and Senderos won't work together, as they both like the left side and are both similar types of players. But Senderos, as good as he is (bit of a slow start, but handled Shearer very well in the last game), is still young and learning and he can afford to wait.

I think Wenger is saying to Campbell that if you want your place back, you'll have to play better then Senderos, and he will see if Sol reponds to this or not. If he sulks and request a move, then he obviously doesn't have the same ambition and drive as previous, and so playing him may not be the best idea. If Sol reponds (and he has to in a World Cup year), and I think he will, we should see him playing very well this year, and with Senderos on the bench, we finally have some good cover in defence.

Now all we need is a new goalie (to give Jens "The Mad One" Lehmann some competition, and to succeed him next season).

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                                • Nov 2003

New goalie eh ? I hear David James is going cheap !!! Maybe not eh ??

As for Campbell situation, it makes me laugh that he has been injured for so long and the club have stood by him and helped him recover and then when he thinks he is fit he expects to walk back into the squad ! I mean, he needs reserve games etc to get his match fitness and skills back......

Mind you that seems to be what a lot of players think these days - they assume they have a right to be in the squad - Barros hasn't helped himself like that either.

Anyway - good luck to Arsenal this weekend admin, I am looking forward to it already, sorry Chris can't get the words out.....

Good luck to M..... @~ !

Good luck to Man $£@ !!

Luck to @#N Utd

Nope I just can't say the words !! ha ha

Regards

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

Working...