What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i see
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• uufta
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Dec 2005

With "Speed Week" just wrapping up on the Salt Flats, It brings up my favorite movie of the year "Worlds Fastest Indian" very accurate movie so I am told.

Oh, and sticking with this thread subject, Silent Hill was a waste of time. IMHO
      Last edited by uufta; 1 Sep 2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

i agree on both comments uufta
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• BR7
          He is coming to your little town!
          • Aug 2005

I found something interesting I actually think he can pull it off I have a lot of respect for him and his movies.
          Kevin Smith Promises a Straight-Faced Horror Flick
          As a big fan of Kevin Smith and a ridiculous geek for all things horror-related, I'd expect the combination of the two to be a bona-fide fun-fest ... and yet I'm a little skeptical. I've no doubt that Kevin Smith could write a fine horror film ... but direct one? Ah well, the guy's given me a big sweaty fistful of enjoyable movies, so I'm happy to give Silent Bob the benefit of the doubt on this one.

After arriving in Australia to hype Clerks 2 (U.S. DVD date: December 5th), Mr. Smith sat down with a bunch of round-tablers, many of whom were ready with questions like "Hey, what's up with you doing a horror movie?" The fan-favorite flick-maker explained that he's always been a horror geek, and also that his terror tale will NOT be laced with kookiness. After expressing some love for Shaun of the Dead, Smith said he simply wants to make a straightforward horror movie.

Smith cites influences such as Jack Starrett's Race With the Devil and Robin Hardy's The Wicker Man, which tells the serious horror aficionado that Smith most likely won't be churning out just another Friday the 13th retread. His goal is to make something "creepy and unsettling," and not just "gore," which sounds just dandy to me. Smith's last comment (that his particular horror concept hasn't been "done before") is what buoys my interest -- because let's face it: Kevin Smith and Horror Movie don't immediately sound like a perfect match.

But that's why they make the movies, right? Plus I give the guy points for not only promising to do something different after Clerks 2, but also for following through on that promise. Anyway, we've already pimped the hell out of this pre-pre-production project, so we'll give it a rest until some actual news hits the scene. Credit cinematical.com

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
            see the unrated one nwg? it was a good movie
            Yes I did. It is known as Unseen Edition in the UK. I don't know what was added. I assume it was the chainsaw bit.

Comment

• volfann
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Jun 2006

I finally got around to viewing "The Sentinel". I have to say it is one of the better movies that I have seen in awhile.
              sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

My bother watched my copy of Hostel last night and he just said that it gave him nightmares all night. He is nearly 30 as well.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

you should feed him the hills have eyes unrated too
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• rsmober
                    KiNgS recognize KiNgS
                    • Jul 2006

oh yeah the hills have eyes unrated that will have him sleeping with the lights on..
                    RsMoBeR

Comment

• nwg
                      Left *****
                      • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                      you should feed him the hills have eyes unrated too
                      He has already seen that and it didn't have the same effect. He thought it was pretty gruesome.

He said he had nightmares with Hostel as it could really happen. It has put me off backpacking around Europe.

edit
                      Forgot to mention. I just saw Crank and it was OTT and a lot of fun. Anyone who likes the Transporter film plus more should like it. I don't know why, but I like Stratham films. He was also good in The One.
                      Last edited by nwg; 2 Sep 2006, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• volfann
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2006

I think I just watched the dog of the year. Besides zombies,my kids also have this thing for bigfoot movies. I picked up "Clawed:The Legend of Sasquatch" at local BB to make them happy and my 4 year old said "this movie is crap". I had to agree with him,only I would have used much stronger language to describe this waste of celluloid.Avoid this turd of a flick even if it is the last movie available at your local rental store.
                        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• a2j3
                          If it aint broke, don't fix it
                          • Feb 2006

@volfann my boys and I watched that movie and we laughed and made fun of that movie the whole time we were watching it. That's how we get thru bad movies. We tend to do a little ad lib of our own. Makes the movie easier to tolerate. hehehehe.
                          sigpic

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by nwg

edit
                            Forgot to mention. I just saw Crank and it was OTT and a lot of fun. Anyone who likes the Transporter film plus more should like it. I don't know why, but I like Stratham films. He was also good in The One.
                            this one looks good to me also. be a while for dvd

Originally Posted by volfann
                            I picked up "Clawed:The Legend of Sasquatch" at local BB to make them happy and my 4 year old said "this movie is crap".
                            lol, that's funny stuff right there. could be the next ebert

Originally Posted by a2j3
                            That's how we get thru bad movies. We tend to do a little ad lib of our own. Makes the movie easier to tolerate. hehehehe.
                            i do the same fairly often with the nightly news
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• a2j3
                              If it aint broke, don't fix it
                              • Feb 2006

@Lt. Lol the nightly news. Gotta find some kind of humor in order 2 watch it these days. hehehehe
                              sigpic

Comment

• BR7
                                He is coming to your little town!
                                • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by nwg
                                I have found the UK 2 disc SE for just £5.89 plus £1.60 postage to the US.

http://www.sendit.com/dvd/item/7000000109368
                                Sorry I missed your post .Thanks for the link.
                                EDIT
                                I was wondering if you seen the movie Tais-toi! if so what did you think of it
                                Last edited by BR7; 3 Sep 2006, 01:21 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...