What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volfann
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Jun 2006

Shawshank was excellent and so was The Shining. I'm still trying to recover from Rose Red.
    sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

rose red was another example of this, i started liking it then it got to stupid. ever see the storm of the century? weird, but not so bad i guess...pet semetary was alright too.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• volfann
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Jun 2006

So many of Kings stories are excellent but they just don't transfer too well to video. Then again too many of the movies aren't being done by the best directors. I think King needs a better agent to sell his work to filmmakers. Looks like they are accepting the first offer that comes along.

Remember "Thinner". Great story..My kids could have produced a better movie..
        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

Well I was dissapointed tonight with United 93, they could have made that a much more exciting movie to watch. Granted is the true story of what happened on that plane on 9/11/2001, they still could have done a better job with the movie.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

have you seen flight 93 angel? i posted about this a few posts back....IMO the one you just seen was the better one. i thought it was pretty good, seen it twice now. next to world trade center, i think this is the biggest budget movie made so far related to 9/11?

world trade center
            (from fire fighters point of view)
            flight 93
            (families point of view)
            united 93
            (air controllers point of view)
            DC 9/11
            (white house point of view)
            Last edited by LT. Columbo; 7 Sep 2006, 03:51 PM.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by volfann
              It's amazing how many good King stories have been turned into crappy movies. I think Blockbuster even has a special section devoted to Crap Movies Derived From Stephen King Novellas. The guy could blow chunks and someone would try and make a fast buck by making a Tv mini series out of it..
              Of course that dont apply to IT and Stephen King's The Shining

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

didn't even now about those!
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                  Liverpool 'til I die......
                  • Nov 2003

Hereeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss Johhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!
                  "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                    have you seen flight 93 angel? i posted about this a few posts back....IMO the one you just seen was the better one. i thought it was pretty good, seen it twice now. next to world trade center, i think this is the biggest budget movie made so far related to 9/11?

world trade center
                    (from fire fighters point of view)
                    flight 93
                    (families point of view)
                    united 93
                    (air controllers point of view)
                    DC 9/11
                    (white house point of view)
                    WOW I didnt know there were that many movies out on it. I have 2 DVD from a few years ago about 9/11 documentalrys on it. I know there is a new one out in theaters now too. I saw a program on the discovery channel about a week ago I think they did a better job with whole thing more real. I guess that is why I was disapointed in this movie. I was watching the bonus features though and they had mentioned that it was hard to make a movie like that with out freaking out the family members of the victoms on that plane. So I guess that makes sense.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• nwg
                      Left *****
                      • Jun 2003

SK films stories gets changed too much most of the time. The film The Shining has extra bits that are not in the original story (inc the ending). His mini series are better as Sk often does the screenplays.

The best SK films are Christine, Dead Zone, Green Mile, Shawshank, Salems Lot, Pet Semetary. His mini series include The Stand, Rose Red, The Shining, Storm of the Century and even The Langoliers.

Comment

• volfann
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2006

On a lighter note: Just watched "Looking for Comedy In the Muslim World" by Albert Brooks.. UUhh.. there was no comedy there. Brooks really bombed with this one..
                        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• nwg
                          Left *****
                          • Jun 2003

I just got the remastered Blade Runner. I will enjoy watching this over the poor previous release.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

i just cautiously seen Population 436. not bad for a B movie. pretty good.
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• volfann
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              • Jun 2006

Sounds like an intestering plot LT.
                              sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

i thought so too, no gore, no cussin, just a mild sex scene. mostly suspense with an ending you don't really expect.
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...