What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

I just got done watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning it was OK but it wasn't the best horror flick I ever seen.The acting was good and the story was OK I mean it's not like your going to root to see who lives when you keep the original TCM in mind.It took out all the suspense we all love when we watch these kind of movies but I have to say it didn't lack gore there were some petty brutal scenes in this movie.If you a horror fan then you should like this movie for what it is.I would rate an 6.7
    Last edited by BR7; 20 Jan 2007, 05:59 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by BR7
      I just got done watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning it was OK but it wasn't the best horror flick I ever seen.The acting was good and the story was OK I mean it's not like your gong to root to see who lives when you keep the original TCM in mind.It took out all the suspense that we all love when we watch these kind of movies but I have to say it didn't lack gore there were some petty brutal scenes in this move.If you a horror fan then you should like this movie for what it is.I would rate an 6.7
      lookin forward to that one, going to watch it with the little nephews - they get a real charge outta these. what about saw3?
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• BR7
        • Aug 2005

what about saw3?
        I have not had had the chance to see it yet but I will be getting it soon I just got My Name is Earl S1 and The Wire S1 they have been keeping me occupied at the moment

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• bletch
          Boss Feeble
          • Feb 2006

I just saw the movie " Straight into Darkness" this was not good....
          The acting, ok. But try to make a T34/76 tank look like a German Tiger tank....that is far low budget for me....i mean, it looked so bad!
          And ofcourse the last part of the movie, five people killed 276 german soldiers storming them... oh..most likely.
          Don't see it
          M-O-O-N, that spells Tom Cullen

Comment

• volfann
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Jun 2006

I picked up the new Texas Chainsaw flick today for viewing later tonight. should be a good prelude before traveling to Nashville tomorrow to take the missus to see Cats. Got her 2nd row seats at the performing arts center for Christmas. This will be my first foray into live theater. Hope I can sit through it without too much squirming. As pay back she has to return with me in March to the same venue to see Ron "Tatersalad" White. Can't wait for that show..
            sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by volfann
              take the missus to see Cats.
              you have my sympathies
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• volfann
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Jun 2006

Thanks for the sympathy LT.. Maybe a little live theater will help me answer some of those tough musical trivia questions that always kill me on the quiz.
                sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• NightTran
                  King of Digital Video
                  King of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

The persuit of happiness, how much can you take when you are down, it is a sad but very good movie
                  sigpic

Comment

• rsmober
                    KiNgS recognize KiNgS
                    • Jul 2006

@nightTran i agree good move...
                    @Lt. saw 3 is a good movie alot of explanations of the 1st 2..n the gore is good..the one im waiting for is hostel 2..also the rise of the silver surfer(fantastic 4..2)
                    RsMoBeR

Comment

• BR7
                      • Aug 2005

Just a heads up for the "Lucky Louie" fans it will be out on DVD Jan,30.If you pre-order it at Amazon you can get it for $20.99

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• volfann
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2006

@BR7.....Your assessment of Chainsaw was fairly accurate.. Lot's of gore and R. Lee Ermey was entertaining,but still seen better horror flicks.

@LT ....Just returned from CATS and survived.. Will have to admit that I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.Go figure!!
                        sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by volfann

@LT ....Just returned from CATS and survived.. Will have to admit that I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.Go figure!!
                          she's right beside you as you type...isn't she?
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• volfann
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Jun 2006

Busted!!! No one can fool Columbo...
                            sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by NightTran
                              The persuit of happiness, how much can you take when you are down, it is a sad but very good movie
                              I want to see that one I cant wait for it to come to DVD.

Although my son got to see that one tonight. funny part about that is he went to a Birthday party sleep over... well they took the party out to the movies and all of the boys picked the Horror flick the Hitcher.

My son freaked and refused to see a scarey movie so he watched the persuit of happiness with his best friends mom while the rest of the party saw the scarey one.

In some ways my son is just like me and on other ways he is nothing like me
                              I am jeleuos I wanted to see that one.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by BR7
                                I just got done watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning it was OK but it wasn't the best horror flick I ever seen.The acting was good and the story was OK I mean it's not like your going to root to see who lives when you keep the original TCM in mind.It took out all the suspense we all love when we watch these kind of movies but I have to say it didn't lack gore there were some petty brutal scenes in this movie.If you a horror fan then you should like this movie for what it is.I would rate an 6.7
                                SPOILER ALERT

Code:
                                end credits rolling as i type.....i loved it. exactly what i was expecting. gore galore is all i can say - more than enough for me. but there was even some comical parts. like around the dinner table where "hoyt" says to the one girl there at the table "you blasphemous, bit**!" lol, man it was just sick seeing them act like a normal family at the "dinner table" with everything going on - made me chuckle. "hoyt" (drill sargent from full metal jacket) is damn good in these i must say. nice to see a movie for once where the bad guys win, didn't expect them all to die. i give this a 9/10
                                this explains why R. lee Ermey is so damn good at these roles

always interesting tidbits at IMDB

A talented character actor known for his military roles, R. Lee Ermey was in the US Marine Corps for 11 years. He rose to the rank of Staff Sergeant, and his service included 1-1/2 tours in Vietnam. After injuries forced him to retire from the Corps, he moved to the Phillipines, enrolling in the University of Manila, where he studied Criminology and Drama. He appeared in several Filipino films before being cast as a helicopter pilot in Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now (1979). Due to his Vietnam experiences, Coppola also utilized him as a technical adviser. He got a featured role in Sidney J. Furie's The Boys in Company C (1978), playing a drill instructor. Ermey worked with Furie again in Purple Hearts (1984). However, his most famous (or infamous) role came as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket (1987), for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe. He did win the best supporting actor award from The Boston Society of Film Critics. Since then he has appeared in numerous character roles in such films as Leaving Las Vegas (1995), Se7en (1995) and Dead Man Walking (1995). Ermey, however, prefers comedy to drama, and has a comedic role in Saving Silverman (2001). Ronald Lee Ermey continues to be one of the best character actors in the business, and you can bet that when his name appears in a movie's credits, he is going to be top notch in his role.

Spouse
                                Nila Ermey (1975 - present) 4 children
                                Trade mark

Best known for playing military drill instructors.
                                Trivia

Was not intended to be in Full Metal Jacket (1987). He was on the set to show the actor how to be a sergent but did such a better job that they hired him to play the part.

Served in the U.S. Marine Corps from April 1961 to October 1971 under the service number 195 60 39. Was retired as a Staff Sergeant on a medical disability.

Although he retired from the United States Marine Corps in 1971, Ermey was later awarded the Honorary rank of Gunnery Sergeant.

U.S. Marine Corps awards and decorations include: Meritorious Unit Commendation, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal (w/bronze service star), Vietnam Campaign Medal (w/60 Device), Vietnam Gallentry Cross (w/Palm), Good Conduct Medal (w/2 bronze service stars), Marksman Badge (w/Rifle Bar) and Sharpshooter Badge (w/Pistol Bar).

After injuries forced him to retire from military service, he moved to the Phillipines and enrolled in the University of Manila, where he studied Criminology and Drama.

Used the same line ("You're not afraid of a little blood, are you?") in two consecutive movies - Willard (2003) and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003). Both films were released in 2003 and both films just happened to be remakes as well.

Chosen as first celebrity spokesperson for Glock firearms and products in 2004.

Parodied his famous role from "Full Metal Jacket" (Sgt Hartman) as a Ghost in the film "The Frighteners"

Aside from his early military roles, he often plays characters with power, such as sheriffs, police chief's, and many other types of law enforcement officers.

Has four children with wife Nila and two daughters from a previous marriage. Has nine grandchildren.

In 1987 he was involved in a jeep accident during the making of Full Metal Jacket (1987). At 1:00 AM one night he skidded off the road, breaking all the ribs on his left side. He refused to pass out and kept flashing his car lights until a motorist stopped. In some scenes in the movie he does not move his left arm at all.
                                Last edited by LT. Columbo; 21 Jan 2007, 06:12 PM.
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...