What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

That's one of the benefits of living in Iowa we learned a little more in school about the Sioux then others did in other states (I'm assuming) even the city I live in is named after the Sioux (Sioux City).We also have a huge monument for Chief War Eagle it don't look like much in the picture but it is something else when you see it in person There is also a historic spot here called "First Brides grave" (she was believed to be the first bride of a non-Native American in the area that would become Sioux City).We have a museum that is full of Native American stuff from bows and arrows,clothing and so on.Hell even old Lewis and Clark took a stroll through here LOL. I could go on for hours about all historic stuff we have here for this kind f stuff

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

when my ancestors came over they settled on land recently vacated by a tribe that had been wiped out with european diseases(boston area) now how was that possible????????
      the indians had been killed by plague before the first white settlers got there!

desoto came thru the south and did the same thing to an almost unknown tribe, the Yuchi, the cherokee (a minor tribe) took over their fertile land and flourished for a century or so
      Last edited by Chewy; 28 May 2007, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• BR7
        • Aug 2005

I kind of remember learning about DeSoto, I believe they named the DeSoto Wildlife Refuge after them.That place is something else if want to see a lot of Bald Eagles in one spot that is the place to go not to mention it's one of the prettiest Wildlife refuges I have ever seen
        Last edited by BR7; 28 May 2007, 08:26 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

since he never made it that far north, the fish and wildlife people need to study their histroy better

Comment

• BR7
            • Aug 2005

I am not certain of this it was a guess on my part .Are you referring to this Desoto? I misread your post when I seen that name I thought Desoto was a tribe name and it triggered the DeSoto Wildlife in my noodle I should of researched before I posted
            Last edited by BR7; 28 May 2007, 08:37 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernando_de_Soto_(explorer)

arkansas, oklahoma and texas

that's ok tho his horses got there later

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0779982/

this might get me to take back what I said earlier about films downunder
                anyone know when the R1 dvd is to be released?
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

they will probably wait for it to bomb in a few US theaters first
                  in june

Comment

• BR7
                    • Aug 2005

I have a feeling you have an itch for some new horror flicks LT so here is one you may be interested in it's called Drive-Thru . It has been getting very good reviews on the horror sites.I wouldn't put to much stock in he 68 votes on imdb.Here is a great review on it
                    When you watch a lot of straight to DVD horror--like I do--you really start to appreciate the quality nuggets of dark cinema that occasionally appear amongst all of the other untalented detritus clogging up the DVD retail pipeline. Drive Thru is a real winner, as Horny the Clown, deviant mascot for the local "HellaBurger" chain, begins whacking high school youths with a magnificently gigantic meat cleaver. The dialogue is cheesily witty and provokes a few chuckles. Sometimes, with straight to DVD horror movies, the chick who is supposed to be the hot chick isn't all that hot. Luckily, Leighton Meester is totally hot and her hotness goes a long way toward provoking and retaining horror fanboy interest. With thrash metal backing up every aggressive kill sequence, the gore is impressive, even if too much of the violence takes place off-screen with crunchy sound effects serving as the only indicator of the carnage. See it if you're into this sort of thing.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
                      they will probably wait for it to bomb in a few US theaters first
                      in june
                      if you remember spread the word here when it's out. that movie looks great!
                      Originally Posted by BR7
                      I have a feeling you have an itch for some new horror flicks LT so here is one you may be interested in it's called Drive-Thru . It has been getting very good reviews on the horror sites.I wouldn't put to much stock in he 68 votes on imdb.Here is a great review on it
                      "Horror gets Super Sized when Horny The Clown, the demonic mascot of "Hella-Burger," starts slashing Orange County teenagers with his meat cleaver from Hell."

sounds hilarious. where did you find this?
                      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                      Columbo moments...
                      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• NightTran
                        King of Digital Video
                        King of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

Hostal 2 come out next week in theater, messenger and vacancy should be on dvd already or soon, number 23 is promising , fracture with old Hanibal is good , next is junk only good at the start
                        sigpic

Comment

• BR7
                          • Aug 2005

LOL Someone at one of the trading sites I am associated with recommended this movie.Here is a link to some reviews I am hoping to have it in my hands this weekend or early next week.If your interested here is a link to a bunch of horror sites

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• NightTran
                            King of Digital Video
                            King of Digital Video
                            • Aug 2005

I think I had seen it, it is ok but not good to buy
                            sigpic

Comment

• BR7
                              • Aug 2005

Thanks for the tip night I will still have to check it out though this movie has my curiosity up past the point of no return LOL

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• NightTran
                                King of Digital Video
                                King of Digital Video
                                • Aug 2005

Just tell us what you think, too me it is like c grade horror flick with teanger drugs and alcohole with clown in it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...