What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
    @nwg
    Thanks for the tip on the movies I will definitely check them out if you happen to run across anymore in this genre feel free to throw them my way
    The Tom Cruise film The Last Samurai was actually surprisingly good. If you want to see a old (1972-1973) but a lot of blood squirting type samurai film. Check out the Lone Wolf and Cub series. I have only seen parts of and intend to get it sometime.

It is on sale as well (six films which all get about 8/10 on the IMDB). See here.

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.
    Last edited by nwg; 30 Oct 2005, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

I havent got the chance to see it yet LT I do have it on my list I have been wanting to see for some time nowIf you havent seen Hide and Seek give it a look it wasnt to bad at all
      @nwg
      I have The Last Samurai I agree it was very good and I will take your advice and check out Lone Wolf and Cub

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

yes house of wax...it's good . i know everyone thinks it's paris hilton so it has to be crap. she's barely in it. elisha cuthbert is the main star really. very good you'll thank me later.

re: hide and seek

i own it, seen it twice already, i like it very much (even though the ending was sort of predictable). like i said a while ago....don't watch this movie and secret window back to back
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

i liked secret window. jonny depp is cool.
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• DAFT
            Slightly Stupid
            • Aug 2004

I don't think they will be pure poo, but a watered down version of poo that makes old sly a cool 20mil and gross %. he's a sixk genious when it comes to securing his money on a film. I do predict they will both be crap and it's sad cause it takes away from the greatness of rocky and rambo. First blood is the coolest film to rewatch by the way, great flic when your bored.
            Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
            I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• DAFT
              Slightly Stupid
              • Aug 2004

Originally Posted by nwg
              The Tom Cruise film The Last Samurai was actually surprisingly good. If you want to see a old (1972-1973) but a lot of blood squirting type samurai film. Check out the Lone Wolf and Cub series. I have only seen parts of and intend to get it sometime.

It is on sale as well (six films which all get about 8/10 on the IMDB). See here.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...=57&g=72&pa=sr
              OMG anyone who hasn't seen the Lone wolf and Cub series should drop everything off there netflix que and put them to the top of the list great add nwg, can't believe I forgot about them.
              Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
              I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by anonymez
                i liked secret window. jonny depp is cool.
                have you seen "From Hell"?

"Don't let the detractors put you off. It's hardly surprising a generation weened on MTV - folk with the the attention span of a gnat and the emotional depth of a paper cup - didn't like it."

one of his best roles in a sleeper film, my 17 year old son reccomended it
                last year, he amazed me. After supertroopers I gave up hope on him.

Comment

• BR7
                  • Aug 2005

I thought From Hell was a great movie the whole cast did a spectacular job imo. I also liked how they kept it back in the 1888 era and didnt try to modernize it to the year 2000.You have to give Albert Hughes credit on the murder scenes he didnt over do it and it let your imagination take over it was a great job on story telling on their part.I give this movie

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
                    I thought From Hell was a great movie the whole cast did a spectacular job imo. I also liked how they kept it back in the 1888 era and didnt try to modernize it to the year 2000.You have to give Albert Hughes credit on the murder scenes he didnt over do it and it let your imagination take over it was a great job on story telling on their part.I give this movie
                    the bad thing was how much I fought watching the movie in 2003, since
                    I figured if my kids liked it, I wouldn't, now a diehard Johnny Depp fan.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

i bought from hell and secret window a while back. 2 excellent movies. seen them at least 6 times each!
                      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                      Columbo moments...
                      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• BR7
                        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                        @DAFT
                        I haven't seen that one I will add it to my list but it does show Sergio Leone helped write it but Tonino Valerii directed it My all time favorite of Sergio Leones is Once Upon a Time in America
                        Well DAFT you can do all the I told you so comments you have in your arsenal I deserve it I found out both Sergio Leone & Tonino Valerii directed this movie.When I went out and bought it tonight I added it to my <a href="http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/BR7">online collection list</a> it shows it was directed by the both of them
                        Last edited by BR7; 31 Oct 2005, 04:07 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
                          Left *****
                          • Jun 2003

Another good film worth watching is called When the last Sword is Drawn. The R2 has a excellent DTS soundtrack.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

you sure like your DTS nwg! what else can you say about this movie?
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
                              Left *****
                              • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                              you sure like your DTS nwg! what else can you say about this movie?

Yes I do . It needs to be done right and not just poor remix job from the AC3/DD 5.1 version.

The film is quite long and does the person needs to pay attention as a lot happens which may not be noticed on the first viewing. It is so good that I have watched it four times in a month.

It would spoil it if I said too much but, part of the story is about the end of the Samurai and Japan is trying to become more modern. This causes a civil war as it affects the Samurai.

It goes well with Twilight Samurai.

IMDB

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

nwg

ty for the link, looks like something i might like...but i don't know if i could find at my video store, i'll have to check.

ty
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...