What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derree
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

"I tell yall what a great movie is, and that is "Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus"! I got the privilege of watching that with my daughter Sunday. I was so excited! "

I thankfully was able to escape the viewing of that wonderfull epic..although my girls liked it...damn barbie....another 3-D movie that was released at the same time tho was really good The Adventures of Shark-boy and Lava girl was pretty good...We had to watch it 1 1/2 times tho cause I the main movie isn't in 3-D ..you have to select that to get the 3-d...plus had to fiddle with the pic on the tv blah blah blah..but it was woth it..plus the special features were good...the fact that a young child came up with the story is interesting!
    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
    good
    -------------------------------------------

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

well i watched something slightly different than that last night. i watched scarface again. haven't seen the thing in about a year or two. really i want to meet someone who doesn't like it and try to find out what is wrong with them such a fantastic movie--not to mention the funny parts like tony and his buddy there trying to pick up women at that resort--lol. "get lost, greaseball"
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by rbrtpl
        Dawn of the Dead, distant second, I prefer to screen movies and not
        torture myself.
        If you mean the DOTD remake. I really like that and prefer it over the original which sad to say, is badly dated now.

I have both the Theatrical and Directors Cut which adds 10 minutes of gore and voilence. The DVD's themselves are a bit poor as the picture suffers from shimmering from too much compression. Each version of the film is less than 4GB in size.

Comment

• Derree
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jul 2005

It's been so long since I've watched Scarface...I don't even remember the movie lol...I should pick that up cause it's a classic...Today I am going to get The Devils Rejects and Willy Wonka (The new one...) Hopefully they are good.. I have heard good and bad things about Rejects...but Not many people like House of 1000 Corpses and I thought it was great...I guess I just like violent movies
          sigpic

good

Comment

• Derree
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Jul 2005

[quote=nwg]If you mean the DOTD remake. I really like that and prefer it over the original which sad to say, is badly dated now.quote]

Well I do agree that it is dated, I think the re-make(Which I greatly enjoyed) lacked the subtle satire that the orginal had. The comparison of the zombies in the mall to regular people shopping was fantastic. And the effects for the time were great. I am curious, what did you think of Land of the Dead?

EDIT...Why won't it ever work for me when I try to quote??? Sigh....
            sigpic

good

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

derree, if you liked 1000 corpses, then the devils rejects you should too. what a combo devils rejects and charlie and the chocolate factory...
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by Derree
                Well I do agree that it is dated, I think the re-make(Which I greatly enjoyed) lacked the subtle satire that the orginal had. The comparison of the zombies in the mall to regular people shopping was fantastic. And the effects for the time were great. I am curious, what did you think of Land of the Dead?

EDIT...Why won't it ever work for me when I try to quote??? Sigh....
                I haven't seen it yet. It is just been on at the cinema recently and I don't go anymore.

You missed the [/ from quote] at the end.

Comment

• Derree
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Jul 2005

Land of the Dead came out about 2 or 3 weeks ago on DVD..I really liked it ..it was nice to have the master of zombies back again....and well Lt gotta get a movie for the kiddes at the same time as a movie for me ya know lol
                  sigpic

good

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

Land of the Dead came out about 2 or 3 weeks ago on DVD..I really liked it .
                    really?lol, total opposite for me. but i guess you like that type of thing. i never cared for movies with zombies and vampires and all that hocus pocus malarky. i'm more of a machete weilding jason voorhies type fan when it comes to horror. something that can/has happened. know what i mean?
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

Zathura, opening this weekend, I saw it last night at a sneakpreview,

AWESOME

corny as heck a couple of kids carry the whole movie
                      as S&E said the magic is in the suspension of disbelief!!!!!

see it on the big screen with a bunch of kids

Comment

• nwg
                        Left *****
                        • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by Derree
                        Land of the Dead came out about 2 or 3 weeks ago on DVD..I really liked it ..it was nice to have the master of zombies back again....and well Lt gotta get a movie for the kiddes at the same time as a movie for me ya know lol
                        Not in the UK it didn't. It only came out at the cinema on the 23rd September.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

Chewy

S&e ?
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

Siskell & Ebert on "Field of Dreams"
                            long ago and faraway

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

that's what i suspected. missed the feild of dreams reference though. another excellent movie. thought it was a comment on zathura, cause i know siskel has been dead for years.....

btw the way, roeper is a real twirp. siskel was much more likeable.
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• Derree
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Jul 2005

I do know what ya me Lt about slacher type flicks...altho saying a Jason type thing can happen ...well...not to sure about the whole unkillable part lol.. but I do love slasher flicks..just picked up a classic ..Sleepaway Camp parts 1 2 and 3...nothing supernatural at all..just a crazy girl killing at a camp got them at wal mart for like 5 bucks each..very funny movies..I just really like watching flicks in which society has broken down..like in the Dead movies.. must be why I liked Day after tomorrow as well..and yeah Roper is a flake..
                                What is weird with Zathrua is I watched the trailer back in the sping on the apple web site and it was just the two young boys...now there is an attrative older sister in the movie as well..must have been a focus group or something "needs move boobies"
                                sigpic

good

Comment

Working...