What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

I have to agree with LT I liked the story to it as well it kind of reminded me of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.To me it had that feel of the horror movies back in the 70's and 80's
    @DAFT
    BR7- I'm surprized that you didn't mention Shaolin Soccer in that mix too, it's the only reason I saw Kung Fu Hustle. Great flic, made me laugh so hard I took a puase break 3 times to catch my breath.
    That is the first I have heard of that movie I will give it a look thanks for bringing it to my attention
    Last edited by BR7; 24 Nov 2005, 07:51 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

I am still waiting to see Shaolin Soccer. The trailer is really funny. I can't rent it in the UK as they rent out the edited US version. This is 30 minutes shorter with a English dub and also western background music.

If it is bought rather than rented, the DVD comes with both the original Asian version with the original audio and a second DVD with the US version. I don't buy DVD's unless they are £5.99. At the moment it is still around £9.99.

I am also waiting for Kung Fu Hustle to be a similar price.

I also like comic book films. X Men and Spiderman are my favourtites. Batman Begins is much closer to the comics than the Burton version. I also like Daredevil and Elektra (good DTS on both of them). There is also a Directors Cut of Daredevil with an extra 30 minutes. Elektra is also getting a new version but it will be slightly shorter.

I am looking forward to X3 next year considering the ending the of X2.

I prefer the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre over the original. The original did nothing for me and the girl continously screaming drove me nuts.

If anyone liked house of wax. Look out for horror films called Waxwork and Waxwork II. They have the guy from the Gremlins films in them.

Waxwork (1988)

Waxwork II (1992)

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

I can't believe I forgot this film.

There is a Japanese film called Battle Royale. It is about misbehaved school kids being send to a island where they have to kill each other until one is left.

Battle Royale IMDB

There is also a sequal which is worthw watching but isn't as good.

Battle Royale II IMDB

Another, is Samurai film Zatôichi. I can't remember if I have mentioned it. It has one of my favourite actors Takeshi "Beat" Kitano (also in Battle Royale).

Zatôichi IMDB

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

If anyone liked house of wax. Look out for horror films called Waxwork and Waxwork II. They have the guy from the Gremlins films in them.

Waxwork (1988)

Waxwork II (1992)
          never heard of them, zach galligan from gremlins in there like you said. i am going to add this to my "to rent" list.

thanx nwg
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• DAFT
            Slightly Stupid
            • Aug 2004

Just saw the new Harry Potter movie and I think it's pretty good if your GF isn't sleeping on your shoulder the whole movie.
            to sum up:
            I spent 19USD on tix
            10USD snacks
            and what you may ask did my 29 dollars buy me?
            15 minutes of local TV, yes TV commercials before even one preview came on the screen. What the hell guys, somethings gotta be done about the ads they are running in features. I can see why the street copies do so well with all this ad dropping on costumers.
            by the way I saw the new Superman preview and I gotta say it looks tight. we'll be speaking soon.
            Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
            I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• BR7
              • Aug 2005

I am a fan of the Harry Potter series and I haven't got to see it yet I am going to try and go sometime this week .I have to agree with you DAFT the ads are getting ridicules I did not pay to see TV commercials in theaters if I wanted to see a TV commercial I would just stay home

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

and they wonder why the "box office slump" ?
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• BR7
                  • Aug 2005

@LT
                  Did you get to see Walk The Line yet LT if so how was it?

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by BR7
                    @LT
                    Did you get to see Walk The Line yet LT if so how was it?
                    bloody fantastic!.i want the dvd already, now i gotta wait months! you don't have to like cash or even know anything about him or his legacy to enjoy this movie. one of the very best/favorite movies i've seen this year by far. i feel like putting in a cash CD right now!

by the way, what do you think of the lethal weapons? i just bought all 4 as a pack deal. very satisfied i am, as yoda would say 1 and 2 are the best. again, those classic 80's movies.
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• nwg
                      Left *****
                      • Jun 2003

Did you get the Director's Cut of the first three Lethal films? They make the films even better (particularly the first one). Lethal Weapon 4 was also very good and was Jet Li's first western film he appeared in.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

no nwg, i hope i'm not missing out on too much extra goodies. what do the dir cut versions have?
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• jmet
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2002

I really like the "Lethal Weapon" series! Thought they were really good movies. I don't really have a favorite, I guess I would say 1 and 4 are the best though.

Comment

• nwg
                            Left *****
                            • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                            no nwg, i hope i'm not missing out on too much extra goodies. what do the dir cut versions have?

The films have extras scenes There is 7 minutes extra in the first film. The second and third just have an extra 3 minutes each. There is an excellet scene in the first film where there is a sniper shooting at kids in a playground. It proves that Riggs is psycho and nuts in the film as he takes out the sniper. He walks into the line of fire and shoots his entire clip of bullets into him.

All three films have also got full bitrate DTS audio.

Comment

• BR7
                              • Aug 2005

@LTI have all four of the Lethal Weapon movies they are a great series you couldn't of found a better pair of actors for the part of Riggs and Murtagh I think Glover and Gibson compliment each other nicely.I am going to have to go see Walk The Line I keep hearing good thing about it thanks for your two cents LT
                              Last edited by BR7; 26 Nov 2005, 12:40 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                                i feel like putting in a cash CD right now!
                                walk the line revisited rodney crowell
                                rod asked cash over(his ex fatherinlaw) about the remake, cash said heck no
                                and walked out, june carter cash told johnny go back in there that boy is trying to do a tribute to you johnny said yes

GREAT 2 STEP

OFF TOPIC

Comment

Working...