What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DiscoInferno
    • Apr 2005

You could drive yourself mad with this story. I really got into unsolved crimes and mysteries ten or so years back. It really bugs me no-one will ever know for sure who did it. Spring heeled Jack was another good mystery. Some people say its the same person, i dunno. Never will. Lt, if you solve it, please tell me first!!

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
      i think you speak of "sickert" perhaps...doing some research on the book suggested to me by UncasMS...although sickert i believe was an artist. not sure if the same fella--yet. investigating continues.

@chewy
      this one? (several same titles) looks like a "must rent" so far....
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0256276/
      right except it's a must own, enjoyed 2nd time around after a year or two,
      and that's unusual for a mystery, first watch pay close attention, it's a fasinating mystery, 2nd watch just enjoy. Very columbo method of
      historical discovery.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

i'll provide a report likely within a week
        Last edited by LT. Columbo; 8 Dec 2005, 02:18 PM.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
          i'll provide a report likely within a week
          hint, it's a romantic story also, better to watch with the right company.

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

Just watched "The Perfect Man" with Heather Lockleaer & Hilary Duff. It was a "chick flick" but, I actually enjoyed it. It was rather "cute". (Amber made me watch it!)

Comment

• TNT
              DVD Shrinker
              • Jan 2004

I second Shaun of the dead. Never seen the Dawn of the dead movies but I still found it HILARIOUS. More of a British comedy. Chick flick but I liked the Notebook. If you haven't seen it, my all time favorite romantic comedy is When Harry met Sally. All the other Meg Ryan flicks were attempts to copy that. A movie that was pretty good that a lot of people don't know about was Matchstick men. If you like Nicolas Cage, then you have to watch Leaving Las Vegas. What a performance by Cage and Shue. I would rate all the above a 9 or 10.
              Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
              I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by jmet
                Just watched "The Perfect Man" with Heather Lockleaer & Hilary Duff. It was a "chick flick" but, I actually enjoyed it. It was rather "cute". (Amber made me watch it!)
                Cinderella man yet?

Comment

• nwg
                  Left *****
                  • Jun 2003

MY two favourite bits in Shaun of the Dead is that Simon Pegg doesn't notice the zombies until about 40 minutes into the film because the zombies are actig like the people before they died. .

Also, the whole country gets over-run by Zombies so he decides to go to the pub (it is a Shopping centre/mall in Dawn of the Dead).

Comment

• jmet
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2002

Haven't seen Cinderella Man yet.

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by jmet
                      Haven't seen Cinderella Man yet.
                      work on amber, she'll enjoy it

Comment

• jmet
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2002

Okie dokie, thanks!

Edit: The Notebook was good, even though it was a chick flick! I wouldn't mind having that house he remodeled with the upstairs wrap around porch.

Comment

• TNT
                          DVD Shrinker
                          • Jan 2004

Yeah, nice house. So it looks like I'll have to check out Cinderella man. Kind of like Shawshank Redemption. Crappy title. I hope it's good like Shawshank though.
                          Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
                          I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

@jmet

Well, does she let you use the remote?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by DiscoInferno
                              You could drive yourself mad with this story. I really got into unsolved crimes and mysteries ten or so years back. It really bugs me no-one will ever know for sure who did it. Spring heeled Jack was another good mystery. Some people say its the same person, i dunno. Never will. Lt, if you solve it, please tell me first!!
                              you're right, i have this book of "amazing facts" with some information on spring heeled jack. don't see how it could be the same person as it happened much earlier than the ripper murders as i recall. very intriguing story too. like i read yesterday...the true identity of jack the ripper anyway may be "lost forever in the fog of time".
                              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                              Columbo moments...
                              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

chewy, you were right

just finished "cinderella man" didn't really want to watch it tonight but thought ...what the hell? after 10 min i was into it. good movie. renee zellweger was good and that paul giomunchy or whatever the heck his name is i normally don't care for was actually ok. i also see that bruce McGill is in here. (macgyver's buddy the pilot). he's got a smaller part like this in every movie it seems! all his credits are a-list movies but small parts--good actor though.

well done wookie
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...