What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DAFT
    Slightly Stupid
    • Aug 2004

we doing worst again. ok ok so I gotta say that I just tried to watch national treasure and all I can say is what the hell happened to Nick Cage?!? the guy is just fishing for that come back part now.
    I saw something written about Tim Allen and I didn't like the guy till a little movie called Big Trouble. He's ok in my book after that flic.
    anyway, I actually wrote in to ask a question. which protest group do you think would protest this film if it came out in todays market http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086200/ . How about this one? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086927/ . isn't it interesting that these movies were praised in there time, lifting both stars to god like levels yet if these films came out today the movie theaters would look like a protest at an abortion clinic. I don't know why this came to mind I just thought it funny that 2 huge actors like this played normal guys soliciting multiple prostitutes for parties that made the everyman look like poster children for the clap. that's all I got, if you got other crazy themes that would never work today post them and we'll laugh about it.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

I watched Gods and Generals(so disappointed) after reading the book
      Killer Angels, Shaara's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel (1974). I gave the movie
      to my bro-in-law(retired military/civil war buff).
      Gettysburg wasn't as bad, but still a disappointment after the book.

joshua chamberland and the 20th maine are the key reasons I was disappointed in the movies

and the calvary officer that held the stone wall at the beginning of the battle

nail in the horse shoes

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

there was a certain person from the holy land, whom we have no reference
        to for 20 years of his life, that fits the description of a scholar that studied
        at the library(highly theoretical).

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

Thi is where people opinions are different.

I like Constantine. If anyone doesn't like Keanu, then don't watch his films. He is the same in all them.

I also like The Grudge but the Japanese version is better (although it has the same house, Japanese family and Director).

I also like National Treasure and I tend to think of it like Sahara. A kind of popcorn action with a bit of drama.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

funny thing is i like and subsequently bought even, speed. really liked that movie
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• angusandtj
              • Dec 2005

I like Constantine. If anyone doesn't like Keanu, then don't watch his films. He is the same in all them.
              What about A Walk in the Clouds?

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

good sleeping pill

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
                  good sleeping pill

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• BR7
                    He is coming to your little town!
                    • Aug 2005

I have a comedy I think some of you would enjoy it's called <a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086373/">Strange Brew</a> with Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis it had me LMAO it's one of the greats from the 80's IMO.If you like beer and slapstick this movie is for you

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

i agree, that's a great movie. must have seen it about 20 times already
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• DAFT
                        Slightly Stupid
                        • Aug 2004

Originally Posted by nwg
                        I also like National Treasure and I tend to think of it like Sahara. A kind of popcorn action with a bit of drama.
                        I agree, in national treasure(not using caps for this garbage) they actually used this lame action music like a star trec fight scene, but through the whole film just to make the film seem more exciting.
                        Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
                        I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• BR7
                          He is coming to your little town!
                          • Aug 2005

That's what I dislike about Jerry Bruckheimer films he always uses the same score music (I think that's what its called) he has been doing this since The Rock and I cant stand it

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
                            Left *****
                            • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
                            That's what I dislike about Jerry Bruckheimer films he always uses the same score music (I think that's what its called) he has been doing this since The Rock and I cant stand it
                            That's the composer not the Director doing that. Look up Hans Zimmer. He does some Bruckheimer films.

It is not unusual to re-use or modify scores. If there is not a lot of time then it is useful. Star Trek scores are also like that, James Horner for example.

Also, the same pieces of music are used in a lot of trailers. At the time the trailers go out, the music is not finished. So, they choose music already available that suits the mood of the film that they are trying to get across. Gladiator music (Hans Zimmer as well) is used a lot.
                            Last edited by nwg; 18 Dec 2005, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• angusandtj
                              • Dec 2005

What about A Walk in the Clouds?
                              good sleeping pill
                              True, but Keanu's not the same in that movie. Anyone know of a Charlie Sheen movie where Charlie is different?
                              Strange Brew- good one! How about Jeckyll and Hyde Together Again? Anyone remember it?

Comment

• nwg
                                Left *****
                                • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by angusandtj
                                True, but Keanu's not the same in that movie. Anyone know of a Charlie Sheen movie where Charlie is different?
                                Try a film called The Arrival with Charlie Sheen.

Comment

Working...