X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Ok it's been great so far. Uufta leads me by the Houston Game which we all gave Indy a lil more credit than was due. Tonite's make or break. My away picks proved well so far. Now it's time for the Jets to run something other than Rex's mouth! I hope San Diego puts it together as well, especially against KC.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Yeah great first week, the Cowboys blew it and the Lions got robbed IMO. The Giants game kinda scared me, didn't think they wanted to seal the deal. Can't blame those 3 picks on Eli, he was firing them all day but the wr's couldn't hold onto that wet ball unless it was in the endzone.

Congrats uufta, looks like you have this week by a point regardless tonight's games.

Next week it's Eli vs Payton!

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

So much for the hope towards an early win at home for the Jets, and now KC is battering the Chargers. I went against my gut feelings and it cost me 2 picks. Oh well. There's next week now!

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• uufta
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

Hi all, everyone is off to a great start, (er, Josie will catch up in no time) you all know me as uufta or Greg, Tammie and Mike are the shy type I guess, but they will introduce themselves soon I am sure...(My niece and her hubby) and they live in Montana, most of you know I live in Minnesota, and have been a DVF member for a long time, I will try to get them to join our wonderful forum (DVF) so they can mix it up with us....good luck to all

I sent this on the pool mail, so if you get it twice I am sorry

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

to uufta for winning week 1 going 11-5 with 12 total points counting the weekly win!

Dan, dr and Tammie were right behind him with 10 -6.

The craziness has started - Houston over Indy, KC over the Chargers, could this be another worse to first in their division, looks like Cronnell did a hellava job with the defense.

9 of the 16 games decided by a touchdown or less, 7 playoff teams from last year are 0-1, who knows coulda be more some played each other. I'm sure the craziness will continue the whole year

The Eagles were on the receiving end of a body bag game this week. Center Jamall Jackson gone for the season with a torn bicep, Leonard Weaver our Pro Bowl Fullback gone for the season with a torn ACL. Kolb and Bradley got concussions.

The Eagles picked up FB Owen Schmitt released from Seattle to replace Weaver, he loves to hit, even himself Can't wait to see how he works out

dr - I like head coaches with big mouths, loved when Buddy Ryan was with the Eagles. I wish Reid would get a lil mouthy his team, sorta like having an extra cheer leader. Although I wouldn't wanna see Reid in an Eagles cheer leader uniform

Good Luck to all this week.

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Jets and Mets. Sounds too similar and as always similar results. I went w/sympathy not w/experience and got burned. They're going no where as of right now I think my Yanks are also going no where!

Anyhow those 2 games cost me the week. Who would have thought KC and Houston.

Great week to all and congrats also to Uufta.

Welcome Tammie and Mike.

Oh by the way, I was right about cry baby Moss! He's at it again. Like the old saying goes," Can't straighten out a crooked branch!"

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

KC 2-0 who woulda thunk it. OT again this week and I'm sure McNabb knew the rules this time.

Craziness continues - The 14 losing teams so far today - 17 QBs played - 16 of 'em had 34 total turnovers - 32 Interceptions and 2 fumbles.
                2 guaranteed Hall Of Famers had 7 between them

BAL Flacco 4 INT,
                MIN Favre 3 INT 1 Fumble,
                DAL Romo 2 INT,
                ARI D. Anderson 2 INT + M. Hall 1 INT,
                CAR M. Moore 1 INT + J. Clausen 1 INT,
                BUF T. Edwards 2 INT
                CLE S. Wallace 1 INT,
                DET S. Hill 2 INT,
                TEN K. Collins 1 INT + V. Young 2 INT,
                SEA M. Hasselbeck 3 INT,
                STL S. Bradford 1 INT,
                PAT T. Brady 2 INT I Fumble,
                JAC D. Garrard 4 INT,
                WAS D. McNabb 0 turnovers

Next up The Week 2 SNF Game AKA The Manning Show

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

Originally Posted by jm1647
                  KC 2-0 who woulda thunk it. OT again this week and I'm sure McNabb knew the rules this time.

Craziness continues - The 14 losing teams so far today - 17 QBs played - 16 of 'em had 34 total turnovers - 32 Interceptions and 2 fumbles.

BAL Flacco 4 INT,
                  DAL Romo 2 INT,
                  BUF T. Edwards 2 INT
                  CLE S. Wallace 1 INT,
                  DET S. Hill 2 INT,
                  SEA M. Hasselbeck 3 INT,
                  STL S. Bradford 1 INT,
                  JAC D. Garrard 4 INT,

Well I haven't checked my picks, though I'm sure I did poorly as there were some really crazy upsets/games today. Maybe my G-Men will pull it off and give me a win for the pool.

McNabb played great, though Washington lost. Another crazy result. I have no idea who to pick next week. Heck, I didn't even know Tampa existed this year. Lol...

Minnesota let me down as well. Here's a anyway! I should go downstairs and get a couple of cold ones. Ironically, Vick won, though I suspect the usual from him at the end. Who knows.

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Update - Make that in all 15 losing team games yesterday - 18 QBs played - 17 of 'em had 37 turnovers - 33 Interceptions and 4 fumbles. Wonder if it would be an NFL record for total turnovers by all losing QB's in a day?

Add to the list
                    NYG E. Manning 1 INT, 2 Fumbles (both fumbles from being sacked, 1 at the NYG 1 Yd line which was returned for a TD by IND (OUCH)

Seems Peyton and the whole Colt team showed no mercy to Lil Brother Eli. Maybe they were all a lil PO'd with Eli pushing/locking Peyton in the closet in the commercial . I wonder why Peyton declined a TV interview by Andrea Kramer after the game. They showed Eli getting a hug from Mom and Pop, I'm sure Peyton got one too, its gotta be tough when 2 of your sons play against each other.

Ain't checked the pool results so far yet so good luck to all tonight!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

Peyton should show no mercy to the rest of the league not just lil brother. The pool's results as far as I'm concerned is that I have no idea what to pick next week. I'm lucky to get 6 in for this week. Wow what a insane start! Vikings 0-2! That one shook me. Dallas' lost was not too surprising as I said they haven't done anything yet. Shame, as much as I could care less about Dallas, that's a high profile organisation to be coming up short like this for so long now. Jets are schizophrenic now. If I get confident and pick'em next week they might stink up the place as usual.

Good luck to all tonite and this coming week's picks.

Comment

• josie
                        • Aug 2006

Hi guys! Good to see you back Kabu!! And welcome to Mike and Tammie! Congrats Uufta on week #1! Sorry its late! And thanks for the vote of confidence! Nothing to do now except work my way back up the list!
                        Working, working, working all weekend! Did I say I was working? lol So haven't gotten to watch much Football this week. Hopefully get to watch the highlights tonight during Monday Night Football!!!

Looks like we all picked NO, so it'll be between John and Kabu for week #2!
                        Josie

Comment

• doctorhardware
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by jm1647

BAL Flacco 4 INT,
                          DAL Romo 2 INT,
                          BUF T. Edwards 2 INT
                          CLE S. Wallace 1 INT,
                          DET S. Hill 2 INT,
                          SEA M. Hasselbeck 3 INT,
                          STL S. Bradford 1 INT,
                          JAC D. Garrard 4 INT,

What about Cutler of the Chicago Bears, for the first time ever since being a Chicago Bears, no fumbles or no interceptions thrown.
                          Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• Kabuchan
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by josie
                            Hi guys! Good to see you back Kabu!! And welcome to Mike and Tammie! Congrats Uufta on week #1! Sorry its late! And thanks for the vote of confidence! Nothing to do now except work my way back up the list!
                            Working, working, working all weekend! Did I say I was working? lol So haven't gotten to watch much Football this week. Hopefully get to watch the highlights tonight during Monday Night Football!!!

Looks like we all picked NO, so it'll be between John and Kabu for week #2!
                            Hi Josie,

Good to see you all! Uufta promises to remind me each week to make my picks ...

Don't worry, I don't watch the games either, too much stress ... lol

Kabu
                            That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Add to the list of losing QB turnovers

SF - A. Smith 2 INT

What a game last night, NO was lucky to come away with the win!

The craziness the Eagles this season continues - Andy Reid said as late as yesterday that Kolb is the starting QB. Tonight he announces that Vick has the starting job. Maybe Deja VU for Kolb ala McNAbb, who knows the Easter bunny sent McNabb to the Redskins, maybe a Halloween goblin is gonna send Kolb or Vick somewhere. Rumor has it it was an owner/upper management decision - move over Jerry Jones, here comes Jeffrey Lurie

Good Luck to all for week 3

Comment

• Dan
                                Digital Video Master
                                Digital Video Master
                                • Dec 2005

Crazy week 2, boy did my picks take a beating,lol. Sure makes for some interesting football though. Could be a dog fight for the playoffs this year if the teams keep playing this way, not to mention all the QB changes.

Going crystal ball shopping......good luck for week 3 all!

Comment

Working...