X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
    So who won this week? Can't be any ties like Jm said. John get on here and straighten this out. You're going to have to use your formula for the tie-breaker.

The season's coming to an end and it seems more players are getting more picks right. I don't think it's because any team got figured out though.
    I forgot to post last weeks winner here but it was on the OP login page

Congrats to me for winning week 12! Third weekly win of the season for me.

Still have 7 different winners in 12 weeks

Me and Kabu were tied but I won the week with the 2nd weekly tie breaker, closest to the tie breaker game total score. I wound up with 12 outta 16 picks right and 1 point for the weekly win for a total of 13 points.

uufta and me at the top now with 113 points but I have 3 weekly wins (first tie breaker)

Don't forget to make the week 13 picks by the start of the Thursday game! The Thursday game is the deadline for all picks for the week.

Eagles playing their 4th game in 17 days

Good Luck to all!!!

Comment

• jm1647
      • Apr 2005

Going into tonight's MNF game we have a tie @ 12 correct with Mike DVF and football freak who both have NE in the game. If NE wins they will go to the score tiebreaker(s). I have 11 correct and the Jets in the MNF game, If the Jets win the game I win the week with 12 correct and the team tie breaker.

Mike DVF - Nice picking with CLE

And how about them Cowboys over Indy. Sure seems funny to see Indy at 6-6

Don't forget Thursday nights game is the deadline for the week 14 picks.

Good Luck to all!
      Last edited by jm1647; 7 Dec 2010, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Dan
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

Yeah, I dunno what's up with the Colts and especially Peyton. Lucky to be in a division that is so even or they would be out already.

Not as bad as NFC though, Seahawks or Rams could win the division at 8-8 while a good team goes home at 10-6 or 11-5, crazy I tell ya,lol.

Jet-Pats tonight, should be a dandy!

Comment

• jm1647
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Dan
          Yeah, I dunno what's up with the Colts and especially Peyton. Lucky to be in a division that is so even or they would be out already.

Not as bad as NFC though, Seahawks or Rams could win the division at 8-8 while a good team goes home at 10-6 or 11-5, crazy I tell ya,lol.

Jet-Pats tonight, should be a dandy!
          About Peyton ...last 2 games 8 interceptions.!!!!

And it would be crazy/nuts or whatever if a 10 or better win team hasta stay home and watch the playoffs and a 8-8 or worse team wins their division and goes to the playoffs.

I mentioned I like coaches that talk big..but I gotta stop listening ...Rex talked me into picking the Jets and they got a royal thumping!

: to football freak (Dan) for winning week 13! Second weekly win of the season for him.

Still have 7 different winners in 13 weeks

football freak and Mike DVF were tied but ff won the week with the 2nd weekly tie breaker, closest to the tie breaker game total score. ff wound up with 13 outta 16 picks right and 1 point for the weekly win for a total of 14 points.

uufta back at the top now with a 1 point lead

Don't forget to make the week 14 picks by the start of the Thursday game! The Thursday game is the deadline for all picks for the week.

Good Luck to all!!!
          Last edited by jm1647; 7 Dec 2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Jets=Mets!

Originally Posted by jm1647
            About Peyton ...last 2 games 8 interceptions.!!!!

And it would be crazy/nuts or whatever if a 10 or better win team hasta stay home and watch the playoffs and a 8-8 or worse team wins their division and goes to the playoffs.

I mentioned I like coaches that talk big..but I gotta stop listening ...Rex talked me into picking the Jets and they got a royal thumping!

: to football freak (Dan) for winning week 13! Second weekly win of the season for him.

Still have 7 different winners in 13 weeks

football freak and Mike DVF were tied but ff won the week with the 2nd weekly tie breaker, closest to the tie breaker game total score. ff wound up with 13 outta 16 picks right and 1 point for the weekly win for a total of 14 points.

uufta back at the top now with a 1 point lead

Don't forget to make the week 14 picks by the start of the Thursday game! The Thursday game is the deadline for all picks for the week.

Good Luck to all!!!
            Congrats to Dan! Even the pool is nuts w/most getting 10 wins and losing.

The formula for the Jets is simple: Rhymes w/Mets! So fuhgettaboudem they ain't going anywhere. With Pats at home I really couldn't see the Jets winning at all. Rex is the only thing making some real noise there. Come playoffs we're going to see the real deal. I hated that Steeler win. I like Flaco. Wonder how my G-men will do against the Vikings or Packers whover it is they're playing soon.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Dan
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

Thanks for the congrats guys. Boy what a thumping indeed. For some reason the Jets just can't apply the pressure that made them so good, give Brady time and he'll rip you apart.

I like that one dr, rhymes with Mets,lol. The G-Men play the Vikes this weekend, then Philly and Green Bay (winner likely gets wild card) it's crunch time now for sure.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Another crazy football week, GB only scores 3 points and loses to Detroit, the Vikings dome collapses and now 2 MNF games, KC gets shut out, and the Jets do it to me again! Sanchez has the worse sophomore jinx I ever seen

But for us Eagles fans after losing 3X to Dallas last year it's time to Dance Dance. regardless of what happens the rest of the season beating Dallas last night feels like Good Times

Going into the 2 MNF games tonight, mike L is in the lead with 11 right. If MIN wins, mike L wins week 14. If the Giants win, mike L, me and uufta go to the total score tie breaker for the BAL/HOU game.

Don't forget to get ur week 15 picks in by the start of the Thursday night game !

Good luck to all!!
                Last edited by jm1647; 14 Dec 2010, 04:18 AM. Reason: fix typo

Comment

• uufta
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Dec 2005

@Dan..Congrats for last week

The air went out of the Vikes and our stadium and my hurting back, what a fvcked up weekend, and I forgot to remind Josie to make her picks, I feel really bad for that, sorry Josie, you were doing so well

good luck Mikey, John and

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

After week 14 NE is first to clinch a playoff spot. More teams with no chance now to make the playoffs

AFC eliminations
                    Buffalo (Week 12); Cincinnati (Week 12); Denver (Week 13).

NFC eliminations
                    Carolina (Week 11); Detroit (Week 12); Dallas (Week 14); Minnesota (Week 14); Washington (Week 14).

to uufta for winning week 14! Third weekly win of the season for him.

josie gets the low weekly score - 2 for 7 points for week 14

Still have 7 different winners in 14 weeks

mike L, me and uufta were tied but uufta won the week with the 2nd weekly tie breaker, closest to the tie breaker game total score. uufta wound up with 12 outta 16 picks right and 1 point for the weekly win for a total of 13 points.

uufta still at the top now with a 2 point lead with 3 weeks left

Don't forget to make the week 15 picks by the start of the Thursday game! The Thursday game is the deadline for all picks for the week.

Good Luck to all!!!

Comment

• josie
                      • Aug 2006

Oops!

Figured I mess up one of these weeks! Uufta please don't blame yourself. I know the routine and just........damn who knows! LOL Oh well!

And here's to congratulating any and all I didn't for winning. I think that would be John, Kabu, Greg and Dan. Sorry so late.
                      Josie

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

That was nuts at the Minnesota Dome! Thank God it wasn't during a game or any other event. They really need to wake up in all these hard climate places and put up some seriously well and great looking Domes. Seattle Mariners Hello! I think they have a nice sliding dome.

Uufta congrats and hope you feel better. The back is no joke and really nothing for it when it's messed up. I got run over in '96 and if it wasn't because I was heavy at the time and 5' 10.5", I'd be gone baby gone. Now it just acts up w/the weather etc... at times.

Well, I blew this week's deadline. I got caught up in the apt. and realized it too late.

So good luck to all, and come playoff time please recant the proper guidelines for making picks if you don't mind JM.

Btw, my cousin in Maine which no doubt is a G-man, is also pulling for The Eagles should you make it to the Big Dance. I love what The Phillies are doing by spending that $$$. Can't take it w/you so let it rip.

You spit my wife should I have had one, I'd literally lose my mind. Then again that's why I'm not in any position to lose it like the Pros are everyday.
                        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• uufta
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Dec 2005

Hey! I am getting screwed, and it dont even feel good

The "board" has Cleveland winning, But Cincy won, 19-17, I picked
                          Cincy, and everyone else picked the Browns, we should have a mega tie for second

I sent a note to the Pool, or they figured it out on their own, all fixed, were all tied for 2nd
                          Tammie is in first..
                          Last edited by uufta; 20 Dec 2010, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

to Tammie for winning week 15! 1st weekly win of the season for Tammie.

Going into the SNF game Tammie had the week wrapped up with 8 correct

Tammie wound up with 10 correct and 1 point for winning the week for a total of 11 points for week 15

mike L. and magnum mac will get the low weekly score -2, 8-2=6 points for week 15

Now have 8 different winners in 15 weeks

uufta still at the top with a 2 point lead with 2 weeks left in the regular season

Don't forget to make the week 16 picks by the start of the Thursday game! The Thursday game is the deadline for all picks for the week.

Good Luck to all in week 16!

What a week in Philly sports, I gotta enjoy the moments....the Phillies get Cliff Lee, the Yankees don't, The Flyers beat the Rangers and the Eagles get Miracle #4 against the Giants, this one the first in the New Meadowlands Stadium.

With all the young players on the Eagles, they musta been listening to Jay Z & Alicia Keyes singing Empire State Of Mind before Sunday's game. The Meadowlands is in NJ but the home field of the NY Giants.

[Alicia Keys sings]

In New York!!!!
                            Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
                            There's nothing you can’t do,
                            Now you're in New York!!!
                            These streets will make you feel brand new,
                            the lights will inspire you,
                            Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York

Empire State of Mind video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8

Crazy plays with Eagles playing at the Meadowlands

1) Herm Edwards' fumble return TD
                            Oct. 19, 1978
                            Miracle at the Meadowlands I
                            The Giants led 17-12 and offensive coordinator Bob Gibson inexplicably called for a run play -- with 31 seconds left and 30 ticks on the play clock -- instead of a kneel-down. Quarterback Joe Pisarcik tried to hand off to Larry Csonka but fumbled the exchange. The ball bounced to defensive back Herm Edwards, who ran into the end zone for the game-winning score.

2) Clyde Simmons' blocked kick return TD - I call this Miracle at the meadowlands II
                            Nov. 20, 1988
                            Eagles return blocked kick for TD, win in OT
                            After the Eagles scored a touchdown midway through the fourth quarter to tie the game and force overtime, they lined up in OT for a potential game-winning field goal from 30 yards out. The Giants blocked Luis Zendejas' kick, which went right into the hands of the Eagles' Clyde Simmons, who ran the ball in for a score to win the game.

3) Brian Westbrook's 84 yard punt return TD - I call this Miracle at the Meadowlands III
                            Oct. 19, 2003 Westbrook's punt return wins it
                            With 1:16 left, Brian Westbrook took a punt back 84 yards to lift the Eagles to a 14-10 win at the Giants. The Eagles hadn't scored or mustered much offense since Westbrook had a TD run in the first quarter.

4) DeSean Jackson's punt return TD - I call this Miracle at the meadowlands IV
                            Dec. 19, 2010 Eagles score 28 unanswered points to win
                            The Eagles make themselves at home in their first game at New Meadowlands Stadium, this time scoring a franchise-record 28 points in the fourth quarter. All 28 came within the final 7:28, bookended by a 65-yard TD reception by Brent Celek and a 65-yard punt return by DeSean Jackson on the last play of regulation.

Another crazy series of play against the Giants at the Meadowlands for an Eagles win
                            5) Cunningham's 91-yard punt changes game
                            Dec. 3, 1989
                            The Eagles and Giants were tied at 17 in the fourth quarter when Philly had a third-and-long at its own 2-yard line. So what did the Eagles do? They had Randall Cunningham punt the ball -- and it went 91 yards, totally changing the field position in the game. On the Giants' ensuing possession, Phil Simms was sacked by Mike Golic and fumbled the ball. That led to an Eagles touchdown that proved to be the game winner.

Game History from

Sunday's wild game was the Eagles' first visit to New Meadowlands Stadium, and it reinforced a theme in this NFC East rivalry:No matter where they play, the Eagles enjoy visiting the Giants and stealing games late.

Comment

• josie
                              • Aug 2006

Way to go Tammie!!!

Got my picks in already! Gonna be a good week.............
                              Josie

Comment

• uufta
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Dec 2005

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!, and thankyou for letting me be a part of your life for this way to short of season.. good luck to everyone the rest of the way

Greg
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...