Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by uufta
    Thanks for everything John
    I am just lucky that so many dropped out
    Now for some Olympics and of course here in the state of Hockey
    We get to watch the best college teams in the country, Go Gophers!!!

Wish nothing but good things for all who joined our little pool this year,
    And hope ALL return next time.

Thanks Admin for keeping the doors open on this website, I miss
    The good old days, oh well

(Still feel these posts should count)
    Greg, again it was fun with the pool. You were so far ahead the others dropped out

NFL free agency starts March 11, The draft is May 8 and only 76 more days til The Eagles Off season program starts...ah more football

The Eagles are making moves already, replacing 2 coaches who left for better positions and picked up a coupla players too

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

Thanks jm. I'll be back next year to try and take uuftas crown

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• uufta
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

Take care BR7, I can't believe us three started the same year! 9 years ago..WoW!

The Vikes are just sitting on their collective arses, getting new coaches, Zimmer,
        Norv Turner, and someone I have never heard of for Defence Coord.
        Not a whole lot of people are gonna want to come here to play outside for the
        Next 2 years
        I know a lot of people want to get out before next season, can't say I blame them
        After this crappy winter.
        Oh, I should mention, ever heard of Nepatism?? New asst coaches= Zimmers son+
        Turners son+Kubiaks son ???
        Just in : we just cut our second leading tackler WTF !
        CYA
        Last edited by uufta; 8 Feb 2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• BR7
          • Aug 2005

I wouldnt blame them either. Anytime Norv comes along, isnt a good sign at all.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

Congrats uufta, but "Go Cowboys," LOL

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Gotta luv this move by Chip Kelly

The Eagles traded a 5th round pick this year to the Saints for Darren Sproles with a year left on his contract.
              The Eagles signed him to a 2 year extension the next day. Gonna be another interesting year with Kelly coaching with Sproles now on the team. Kelly says "big people beat up lil people" but Sproles is a lil person with talent and a buncha heart.
              Attached Files

Comment

• BR7
                • Aug 2005

Im liking the Mike Mitchell signing. Should add some much needed experince to help out Troy.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

Free agency and rules

Jason Avant was released and Michael Vick went to the Jets in a free agency signing and with DJax who knows with the media circus if DJax is going to go or stay, the media here say he is history with the Eagles. We have had some middle of the road signings mostly for D and ST. And RB/STSproles and QB Sanchez

Rule changes and experiment for 2014 season:

1. The goal posts will be extended an additional five feet (from 30 to 35) above the cross bar. The reason is that definitive rulings cannot be made on many field goal attempts that cross over the top of the goal post.

2. A safety rule offering protection to players being blocked has been expanded. Blockers can't roll into the back of a player's legs. Now, blockers are not allowed to roll into the back or the side of the legs, as well.

3. Referees can now consult with members of the NFL officiating department in New York during replay reviews. When the referee goes under the hood, command central in New York headed by vice president of officiating Dean Blandino will already be reviewing the play. The NFL believes this will help ensure that every single review is correct and speed up the replay process and timing.

4. The NaVorro Bowman rule passed. The list of plays that can be reviewed has been re-organized. One of the plays that can now be reviewed is the recovery of a loose ball in the field of play. In the NFC Championship Game, Bowman stripped the ball from Seattle wide receiver Jermaine Kearse, but the play was already ruled dead and therefore it could not be reviewed. Now, if the ball is in the field of play and there is a clear recovery then the play can not only be reviewed, but overturned.

5. The clock will no longer stop following a sack. It used to continue to run after a sack except in the final two minutes of a half.

The league will also experiment with longer extra point attempts for two weeks in the preseason. The rule proposal called for the line of scrimmage on extra point kicks to be moved back to the 25-yard line, making it essentially a 37-yard field goal attempt. Two-point conversion attempts will still be snapped from the 2-yard line. The experiment will take place in the first two weeks of the preseason.

The time for the final roster cutdown was adjusted by the league. Each team's final cuts to get to the 53-man roster limit are now due to the league office by 4 PM instead of 6 PM on that day.

I can't wait for football!

Update- The media was right all along - Desean Jackson is history with the Eagles, They almost didn't draft him because of his attitude and behavior . Was due 10.25 million this year from the birds, think he is still gonna cost the Eagles 6 million this year.

The Eagles signed Mark Sanchez to a 1 year $4M max contract.
                  Last edited by jm1647; 29 Mar 2014, 03:55 AM. Reason: update DJax is gone and Sanchez is an Eagle

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Eagles 2014 offseason moves as of 4-4-14

Kelly's move so far this year
                    Attached Files

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Eagles 2014 Schedule

The 2014 Eagles schedule is attached. 6 Nationally televised games (2 Monday, Night) Dallas on Thanksgiving, The NFC West, EDIT -AFC South not the NFC South ...Can't wait!
                      Go Eagles!!!!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by jm1647; 28 Apr 2014, 05:15 AM. Reason: AFC South not NFC South

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

4th place schedule same as 1st place schedule?

We all know each year is a new beginning in the NFL. Looking back at the 2013 Eagles schedule we played 6 teams with a winning record including 2 division winners in 2012.

The Eagles 2014 schedule has us playing 6 teams with a winning record in 2013 including 4 division winners. From worst to first in the NFC East and still playing 6 teams with a winning record the previous year so it don't seem like too much a difference.

Coach Kelly has been all over the place visiting Pro Day workouts. His latest find the Eagles just signed, 25 year old RFA Alejandro Villanueva 6'9" DE who also played Tackle and WR. He is a beast with Airborne and Army Ranger training, and a Bronze Star for valor in one of his tours in Afghanistan. No doubt this guy is tough and Kelly says "big people beat up lil people" and I thiink this guy can beat up big people too.

I feel a draft, is there a window open....Ah only 4 days til the NFL draft.

Comment

• Dan
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Dec 2005

Hey all, good to see everyone is still around after all these years!

Nice to see the football talk has started already. The Giants actually made some good signings this off season, and boy they needed it.

I just hope Eli comes back to elite status, don't think my nerves can take watching Freeman lead the team,lol.

I'm in for the pool if it's a go, need some redemption after last year's thumping.

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

What a difference a year makes - on to year 2 with Kelly

Originally Posted by Dan
                            Hey all, good to see everyone is still around after all these years!

Nice to see the football talk has started already. The Giants actually made some good signings this off season, and boy they needed it.

I just hope Eli comes back to elite status, don't think my nerves can take watching Freeman lead the team,lol.

I'm in for the pool if it's a go, need some redemption after last year's thumping.
                            yeah Dan we are all growing older together

The Gmen have been busy with like 16 free agent signings so far this year. DRC and Quintin Demps are back in the NFC East. DRC went into a funk when we had him with the crazy defensive schemes we ran but came back into form when he left the Birds. And Demps I always liked the guy.

The Eagles have signed 12 guys so far this year and kept 11. Last off season Kelly looked at 56 and kept 30. And of the 75 guys that were on the roster when Kelly arrived only 31 are left. New coaching staff and a buncha new players, what a difference a year makes. We lost 7 players from last years roster so far this year.

The pool is a go (I'm still breathing) and we gotta knock uufta of the throne this year

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Eagles sign a BDawk-Papale version kicker

One of the videos on youtube of Kicker Carey Spear, one of the 15 undrafted rookie free agent signings by the Eagles yesterday who can kick and tackle, ain't gonna be no arm tackles from this guy - he's called Murderleg and the guy is crazy, Kicks off from the 30 runs 50+ yards and destroys the returner T.J Moe at the opponent 27 yard line. Man what a hit!

Vanderbilt Commodores PK Carey Spear has absolutely no regard for his own safety as he snuffs out Missouri Tigers WR/KR TJ Moe's kickoff return in Vanderbilt...

Another great hit where he gets a concussion from hitting Cordarrelle Patterson. This guy is the kicker version of BDAwk and Vince Papale!

Vanderbilt kicker Carey Spear levels Tennessee returner Cordarrelle Patterson in the third quarter of the Commodores' 41-18 win over the Vols on Nov. 17, 2012.

Quick and can score on Fake FG's too!
                              Vanderbilt kicker Carey Spear scores a touchdown on a fake field goal in the second quarter of the Commodores' 31-27 win over No. 15 Georgia on Oct. 19, 2013.

Look out Alex Henery, it might be time for you to move on. Good Luck to both Henery and Spear!

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Eagles Coach Kelly continues his search

The man is like the energizer bunny, hopped to many Pro Day workouts. So far this year the Eagles have signed 12 players before the draft and released 1 so far, drafted 7 in the draft (only had 6 picks but by moving up and down in the draft wound up with 7), signed 15 undrafted free agents, and invited 7 guys for a tryout bringing the total # of players to 97.

At the end of last season we had 66 players (8 practice squad and 5 on IR), so far 57 are leftover from last year.

So 40 new players to look at this year, the man is constantly on the move looking for talent and competition to push the players he has to help improve the team.

I'm looking forward to see how everything works out before opening day.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Working...