X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

i also have a image of my C drive , iv used acronis for that, i have fresh windows, with drivers, with all softwares i need [on DL] all on dvd and few on harddik too for faster restore. i also do backups of my files, images, songs every 10th day or so onto dvd's..... iv learnt a lot in these years, when u lose/deleted something only then u need it. lol
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by alienfinder
      My computers finally stopped working it won't even boot now.It just shows a blue screen what do i do?

avoid using your pc until you get that new hard disk, and install it as 'master with slave', and your old hard disk as 'slave' (make sure you get the jumper configuration correct. most new hard disks come with a very simple diagram showing you how to do it). change the boot order in the BIOS so that it boots with your OLD hard disk. then boot in safe mode (press 'f8' just before the windows boot screen comes up). then copy all files you wish to keep onto the new hard disk. change the boot order so the cd/dvd drive is first, then pop in your windows xp cd.

holler if you need more help
      Last edited by anonymez; 23 Sep 2005, 12:59 PM.
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• alienfinder
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by anonymez
        avoid using your pc until you get that new hard disk, and install it as 'master with slave', and your old hard disk as 'slave' (make sure you get the jumper configuration correct. most new hard disks come with a very simple diagram showing you how to do it). change the boot order in the BIOS so that it boots with your OLD hard disk. then boot in safe mode (press 'f8' just before the windows boot screen comes up). then copy all files you wish to keep onto the new hard disk. change the boot order so the cd/dvd drive is first, then pop in your windows xp cd.

holler if you need more help
        Thanks i'll try that but i've got another question:can i install windows on as many computers as i want?

My Computer Specs:
        Windows XP Home Edition
        SP2
        1.2Ghz AMD Duron
        384MB DDR Ram
        256MB Nvidia GeForceFX 5200 Graphics Card
        40GB HD
        250GB HD

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by alienfinder
          can i install windows on as many computers as i want?
          don't know what you mean. if you mean whether its legal or not, i think you have to buy a license for each pc you have, but don't go by me!
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• alienfinder
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by anonymez
            don't know what you mean. if you mean whether its legal or not, i think you have to buy a license for each pc you have, but don't go by me!
            you have to buy licenses?

DAMN!!

My Computer Specs:
            Windows XP Home Edition
            SP2
            1.2Ghz AMD Duron
            384MB DDR Ram
            256MB Nvidia GeForceFX 5200 Graphics Card
            40GB HD
            250GB HD

Comment

Working...