Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raven386
    • Nov 2005

Do you believe in the Paranormal?

Seriously now has anyone ever had an experience? I've had 2, both in my girlfriends house, one night we were watching tv and coming from the living room, (the kitchen is between the family room & the living room/parlor(i guess thats what it is called) we heard talking coming from the room, no one was in there no radios,tvs etc....the other, i got snowed in at her house, i was sleeping downstairs when i heard a noise like someone was coming downstairs....i looked into the doorway to the kitchen and caught a glimpse of a figure of a man. now being with her for 6 months, this just isnt unusual anymore!
    Yes, I personally have experienced it.
    0%
    I know someone who has.
    0%
    No.
    0%
    I dont believe.
    0%
    Not a member? Sign Up Here

• LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

won't believe it till i see it myself.
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 27 Feb 2006, 04:01 PM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Raven386
      • Nov 2005

have you ever seen Scifi's Ghost Hunter's? Some of the stuff they have caught on video & EVP's are out of this world. even for someone who doesnt believe some of this stuff is hard to not believe.

Comment

• Raven386
        • Nov 2005

it really makes you think when it actually happens to you. i dont even know how to explain it.

Comment

• BR7
          He is coming to your little town!
          • Aug 2005

I wouldn't say I don't believe in it lets just say I keep an open mind about such things until it's proven other wise

have you ever seen Scifi's Ghost Hunter's? Some of the stuff they have caught on video & EVP's are out of this world. even for someone who doesnt believe some of this stuff is hard to not believe.
          Great show

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Raven386
            • Nov 2005

we just got their complete 1st season, and their very first episode they get like 3 e.v.p.s in the same house... saying "they dont want us" , "can i come in" and something else like a whisper.... and in the 2nd season, the very last episode i think, when they are using the thermal camera and catch the image of a soldier in the locker, that was good. theres so many good eps. i cant even remember.... after seeing those, experiencing what i experienced, seeing Lorraine Warren speak. Im truly a believer now. i wasnt before.. but all this just can be a coincidence or some how set-up.

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

i dont even know how to explain it
              Maybe someone else knows .There r innumerable things one cannot explain and yet they r not paranormal.
              sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• vw56german
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Jun 2005

I also keep an open mind on this subject. Most recently found out a coworker has experienced some of these strange happenings in a house he just purchased, Footsteps, talking, doors opening and closing, sounds of things sliding across the floor. He set up a voice activated tape recorder and has gotten some tape of voices and sounds. The thing that has him most shocked is a picture he took of the front of the house. When it came back, he found that there is a face, that appers to be screaming, looking out one of the windows. I think he should be calling the Ghost Hunters show.

Comment

• Raven386
                  • Nov 2005

https://<a href="http://www.warrens....ine Warren</a> If you click Investigations/Legendary Cases/ Lindley St. & Annabelle. AmityVille is on there too. Ive seen Lorraine speak before. her husband is really sick so we didnt get to see him too. theres also an abandoned Asylum close to where i live. Fairfield State Hospital - a.k.a - Fairfield Hills. they say alot of stuff went on there, labotomys, shock treatments, mysterious deaths. stuff like that. the place is in the process of being "saved" by tearing down buildings and getting permits for houses,stores,etc..

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

Life after death, the soul, god, and a whole lot of other things are hard to prove or disprove.
                    Like they said in intro psych in college about the "soul", in the sake of science
                    we have to assume it doesn't exist, as we expand our knowledge of the human mind and then run into something we can't explain, then we have to consider it.
                    A while back a rich and famous retired magician and some of his colleges offered a million dollars to anyone who could prove paranormal powers, the
                    takers flocked to the offer at first then word spread that you couldn't fool
                    the professionals.

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

You know what I just don't know. I mean there has been things happen that you feel might be but you are just not sure. I am sorry I could not vote because I just don't know wasn't on there. No offense to anybody that's just were I am at.

Comment

• Furiousg
                        If you have any poo....throw it now
                        • Dec 2005

I haven't experienced anything paranormal like seeing things or objects moving, sounds etc. But my wife has been involved with a few instances, and has seriously freaked her out ( and actually caused a friend of ours to move out of their house )

Anyone have any opinions on Deja Vu?? I had a WICKED one this weekend, like I knew exactly what was going to happen and what he was going to say...strangest feeling ever for me
                        Last edited by Furiousg; 28 Feb 2006, 06:31 AM.
                        -FuriousG-

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

Now that I have had & boy is that the strangest feeling, drives you nuts.

Got something to say, but it's not related to anything else here? This is where it goes ...
                          Last edited by soup; 28 Feb 2006, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                            won't believe it till i see it myself.
                            Few people believe in unless they see it themselves anything that is so unbelievable just simply can not be believed in until the experience is your own.

I believe it ….. I have seen it… herd it…felt it and smelled it.
                            I grew up in a haunted house; I have worked in a haunted building. I have communicated with people who have passed. And I have foreseen things that no one else could.

I can explain to other what I have seen but unless they were they, rarely do they believe.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• moonrocks
                              Gold Member
                              Gold Member
                              • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                              A while back a rich and famous retired magician and some of his colleges offered a million dollars to anyone who could prove paranormal powers
                              Yes, that was The Amazing Randi, I remember him. Cool guy. He debunked the Russian psychics when they were hot stuff, I think in the late 1980's.

My take on it - pattern seeking is evolutionary. We can't help it. Our brains are hardwired to connect the dots. It's an incredibly successful behavior that got us where we are today. 95% of the time it serves us well. Downside, we're often tempted to find "explanations" when they aren't there. That's where the scientific method comes in, to keep us honest.

Ghosts, paranormal events, UFO's... under the right circumstances belief in them is incredibly compelling. Scientific evidence: zero.

"Det blåser også her." - Erik den røde

Comment

Working...