Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TNT
    DVD Shrinker
    • Jan 2004

You know, many people say that they've never seen a ghost, but I've never met anyone who has personally met God and there sure are a lot of people who believe in him/her/it. What do you guys think about the theory that the US going to the moon was staged? The conspiracy theory goes that it was all done on camera in a secret location in order to "beat" the Russians. I find conspiracy theories entertaining in that even if they're not true, they keep you on your toes questioning your reality.
    Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
    I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Good point TNT

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Furiousg
        If you have any poo....throw it now
        • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by TNT
        You know, many people say that they've never seen a ghost, but I've never met anyone who has personally met God and there sure are a lot of people who believe in him/her/it. What do you guys think about the theory that the US going to the moon was staged? The conspiracy theory goes that it was all done on camera in a secret location in order to "beat" the Russians. I find conspiracy theories entertaining in that even if they're not true, they keep you on your toes questioning your reality.
        My Grandpa still swears to this day that " Those dam Yankees never even left Tennesee ! "

He figured it was just a movie they made...who knows??? Could have been.....
        -FuriousG-

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

What do you guys think about the theory that the US going to the moon was staged?
          According to an ex GF it wasn't a theory, course after working in huntsville ala
          during those years, I just humored her until I got her to the air and space museum in DC.

After hearing a saturn 5 test a few times you would have to think this is a lot of trouble for a charade, like a psychologist client of mine said, there are a lot of looney people running around.

Comment

• jeo
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Feb 2004

yes, i believe.
            i saw ufos 3 times when i had 17,~43 and at 2 years ago and i was not alone(differents persons was with me in each situation when it happen).in the last time my second wife don't could sleep and one of my friends(college professor) feel like mad for long time because he never believe in ufos...was needed "terapy" for some time to this friend.

one traumatic case:
            with my first wife,a long time(round 30 years ago) "something" was walking in our room all night long and "breathing" in our face(we could feel the "heat" of his breath and one person next to us),all was dark,we was scared and feeling like freezed without courage to move...only in the morning the bad situation was gone.
            was needed to pass long years to remove my "trauma"!
            (my poor english can't explain better)
            was too bad,i don't want it for nobody!
            still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• jeo
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Feb 2004

Originally Posted by Furiousg
              Anyone have any opinions on Deja Vu?? I had a WICKED one this weekend, like I knew exactly what was going to happen and what he was going to say...strangest feeling ever for me
              yes,when i was a child "all the time".i knew what someone will talk,who was coming,what car will pass in the street,the complete description of one house in one place that i never was before and lots more.sometimes(rare cases) i could tell the situation minutes before it happen.
              was too bad and was needed to pray so much(i believe in God) to remove this "feelings"....now i have feelings like "intuitions" not as deja-vus( i can't see or feel pre-visualisions).

regards
              still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

jeo, you are intuitive, strong with the force, go with first impressions and
                your instincts.

Comment

• Zero G
                  Next to Arch Stanton
                  • Jan 2006

I'm not sure where I stand on this one. While I've had a few very weird experiences, I can't say they were paranormal either. The jury is out for me on this one.
                  "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Furiousg
                    If you have any poo....throw it now
                    • Dec 2005

Paranormal Zero??? Or you just couldn't see through the smoke
                    -FuriousG-

Comment

• nwg
                      Left *****
                      • Jun 2003

I don't believe but it makes good TV and film.

I do belive in extraterrestrial biological entities. There must be lifeforms on another planet somewhere in the universe in some form. It would have to be extremely naive to not think that and think us Humans are the only lifeforms.

However, I don't believe that one day they decide "Lets visit Earth in spaceships so some guy in a field can take a blurry photo and the ship make some crop circles".

And of course we landed on the Moon. I am more amazed that we have done virtually nothing since and still spent billions.

Comment

• Zero G
                        Next to Arch Stanton
                        • Jan 2006

@nwg I agree with you on those points.
                        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Gary D
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

Yes I do believe!!!!!!!!!!

I have always believed in ET's. How else could a world like ours be in such a mess. Look at evolution; there still is huge gaps of time not accounted to one top specie or another since time could be measured (fossils).

About the paranormal, my mother's best friend has the "gift". (She can witch wells and find ore deposits with nothing but a willow branch.) She phoned my mother at 2AM one day and asked if everything was all right because she had a dream. (She nevers phone at this time.) My mother said yes. Upon waking up at 8AM, she felt awful and went to the hospital. Later that day she had a non-functioning kidney removed. If foreseeing the future is not paranormal, I don't know what is. This happened in 1968.
                          Gary D

Comment

• TNT
                            DVD Shrinker
                            • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by nwg
                            I am more amazed that we have done virtually nothing since and still spent billions.
                            That was exactly their point. A couple of things that stick out. It's been over 35 years and we haven't gone back once! What are we doing in a space station circling the earth? Another thing. There was a disaster with deaths of 3 astronauts during the Apollo missions. Yet they continued with the program and I forget the exact time frame, but they launched their next mission after the tragedy in a matter of months. Remember after the Shuttle Disaster, how many years, it took to get back up, and it was just an O ring.
                            As a child, I was fascinated by the whole lunar lander thing. I read National Geographic books on it, but the thing that struck me the most was that the gold foil looked extremely flimsy to be putting up into space. That was the impression of a 7 year old.

Makes you think.
                            Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
                            I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• blutach
                              Not a god of digital video
                              • Oct 2004

Ghosts and aliens and stuff, I'm not too sure about. But Firey (my fiancee) has this weird ability to "create" things by thinking about them. I mean she seems to be able to make all sorts of things "happen". Silly me forgot to enter the massive powerball a couple of weeks ago.

So, I guess I vote "Yes, I have experienced it".

Regards
                              Last edited by blutach; 1 Mar 2006, 10:53 AM.
                              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• bill7621
                                It could be worse.
                                • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by nwg

And of course we landed on the Moon. I am more amazed that we have done virtually nothing since and still spent billions.
                                You have to realize, we only know what they are "kind" enough to tell us. We could have bases on the moon for all we know. Or why go there when we know there is nothing worth being there for? My thoughts are that we aren't advanced enough yet. Our space program is still in it's infancy. We don't have the technology to realistically travel to distant planets in a reasonable timespan. We haven't even fully explored the world we live on. Why bother with space? And as far as life out there, which I do believe in, why in heaven's name would they want to contact us? What do we have to offer them?
                                Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed!

Comment

Working...