Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Furiousg
    If you have any poo....throw it now
    • Dec 2005

I was also disappointed with Ortiz when he fought Griffin. The first round was old school Tito but he couldn't finish, then the scond and third rounds couldn't even take Griffin down. I don't mean to offend anyone if they are a fan, but I take Forrest Griffin to be a chump. He hasn't ever impressed me in any of his fights. He looks slow, lethargic and sloppy when he throws a punch. He would have fit in well with the crowd 10 years ago. Tito should have been able to stop that fight. Maybe he is past his prime as well??

Frank Shamrock looked like a machine back in the day. He looked to me like a miniature, younger, faster, smarter Ken. He was super explosive. I believe he was a middleweight, and oddly enough he is the only Shamrock to beat Ortiz.....by knockout if I remember correctly.
    -FuriousG-

Comment

• Derree
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jul 2005

Forrest is just so tough tho...and strong....he doesn't look it but he is one of the best, Tito may be close to the end of his time in the fight world but I think it is a testement of Griffins abilties that he lasted...I think he should have won the fight..and I just watched that fight (Frank Shamrock Vs Ortiz) I think Ortiz tapped....
      sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
      good
      -------------------------------------------

Comment

• Furiousg
        • Dec 2005

I do agree that Forrest should have won the Ortiz fight. He controlled the last two rounds completely. I think it is just that he isn't a flashy fighter.....like all the greats right now have their one thing that they are so dominant at and are also strong at all other aspects of the fight. Arlovski has devastating power and quickness, Sylvia a superb striker, Hughes insane strength and wrestling, Liddell's ridiculous hand speed and knockout power. It just seems that Griffin is ok at most things and doesn't stand out to me...other than his "brick where his head should be" ability to take a punch.

As for Frank and Ortiz, did Ortiz tap due to strikes??....or was it a submission?? I can't recall cleanly, but I seem to remember a "submission due to strikes" type finish. Was so long ago though, and my brain is all fuzzy from Oilers-hockey-high
        -FuriousG-

Comment

• locoeng
          Who Farted?
          • Dec 2005

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
          Walt Kelly

Comment

• Furiousg
            • Dec 2005

Ahhh thanks Loco. Thats what I thought I remembered
            By the looks of those cards, he isn't as dominant as the UFC makes him out to be....quite a few losses in there
            -FuriousG-

Comment

• locoeng
              Who Farted?
              • Dec 2005

You are very welcome....I searched for hours for a little footage of the Oritz/F. Shamrock fight but came up nil. That list is a bit dated too, I found a better one later.

There have been alot of great fighters out there that you don't really think about. Bas Rutten, Mark Kerr, Mark Hunt...the list goes on.

This list is current and lists just about every fight..

The industry pioneer in UFC, Bellator and all things MMA (aka Ultimate Fighting). MMA news, interviews, pictures, videos and more since 1997.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
              Walt Kelly

Comment

• floresdave
                results may vary
                • Mar 2006

Yeah he wasn't perfect by any means, But He seemed impressive in his last fight and avenged his loss To John Lober in Superbrawl in the UFC. The Bas Rutten fight could have went his way if not for some rope grabbing.
                Okay to current news anyone see the flying Knee last night, beautiful win by Michael Bisping. And he predicted it before the fight. Can't wait for Finale.

Comment

• locoeng
                  Who Farted?
                  • Dec 2005

Nah I missed the flying knee....it reruns on Thursday night doesn't it?

EDIT: I think I might have missed an episode, is Matt the deaf fella still in it?

Walt Kelly

Comment

• floresdave
                    results may vary
                    • Mar 2006

I don't think he is still in it. The guy with blue hair is fighting the winner of last nights fight for light heavyweight division and The red headed dude is fighting against the tall lanky kid that beat that guy who thought he had a broken rib so he gave up for middleweights. Sorry i am bad at names.

Comment

• MikeyBK
                      Digital Video Maniac
                      • Feb 2006

I haven't followed it much this season, gonna have to find when it airs next. How close to the final bouts?
                      MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                      Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
                      ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
                      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
                      XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
                      Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
                      Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
                      *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
                      *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• floresdave
                        results may vary
                        • Mar 2006

This is it. Final Four guys are fighting June 24 for the six figured contract along with a couple other fights and then july 8th we find out who the real winner this season is ........
                        Attached Files

Comment

• MikeyBK
                          Digital Video Maniac
                          • Feb 2006

Thanks Dave, I'll remember to watch the final matches>

MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                          Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
                          ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
                          Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
                          XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
                          Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
                          Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
                          *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
                          *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• Furiousg
                            • Dec 2005

The deaf guy was Matt Hamill. He won his qualifying fight ( sloppy fight IMHO ) but was too injured to continue ( arm injury I believe ).
                            Ross Pointon came back as a Light Heavy to fill Hamills spot ( Pointon lost to Kendall Grove earlier ) So Bisping demolished Pointon, and will fight Josh Haynes ( blue haired guy )

And Kendall Grove will fight Ed Herman ( Lanky vs Redhead )
                            I think Bisping is going to roll through Haynes pretty easily....but I don't know what to say for the MiddleWeights, I think I pick Grove.

On this Saturday night Headlined by Sam Stout and Kenny Florian
                            -FuriousG-

Comment

• Derree
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Jul 2005

I felt bad For Hamill when he came back becaue he did not know that he would not be fighting again..he thought he was in the finals...to find out like that..gotta suck..
                              sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
                              good
                              -------------------------------------------

Comment

• Furiousg
                                • Dec 2005

I agree. After going through that, and then to be bumped out.
                                He'll have a comeback fight soon enough. I think he was a popular enough fighter on the show, and Ortiz was thoroughly impressed by him, so I see Hamill getting a few fights in. Possibly on an Ultimate Fight Night.

Speaking of Fight Nights.....Bonnar and Rashad Evans!!!!!!
                                -FuriousG-

Comment

Working...