Any sites for individual mp3/music file downloads?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Any sites for individual mp3/music file downloads?

I have been looking around for legal download sites for individual (or full album) mp3/music files. I have found several that I heard mentioned on a radio pc tech show, but most are based out of the U.S., & I am not sure of all the legal issues surrounding downloading, etc.

Does anyone here use any download sites for this purpose? I know Wal-Mart, etc. offers this, but I am looking for stuff that is not "top 40".

Thanks in advance, katz
  • Kabuchan
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Apr 2006

I use musicmatch. you can burn to a cd, use an ipod or mp3 player, download what you already own, and they have everything from puddle of mudd to elvis.
    That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

emusic has underground stuff... I hate them since I listen to top 40
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• katzdvd
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Feb 2006

Kabu; you have to use the musicmatch player in order to purchase the songs?

drf; emusic was one that I was looking at.

I was also checking out
        olivemp3.com & allofmp3.com (russian site) They have a large selection of the music I am looking for, but with all the legal out of country issues, I am leery of joining & giving my personal & credit card info.

If they aren't on the "up & up", I don't want the RIAA to come knocking on my door

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

A friend of mine had given my e-mail address to a friend of hers that has her own business now with this stuff here is part of what that e-mail said and the link to follow it.

My friend says she is legit and the site is legal.

I hope you don't mind but she gave me your email info. I just bought a francise of an internet media website and am trying to get the word out. We have music for downloads and soon the site will also have ringtones and movies. All of these downloads are paid downloads so it is a legal and secure web site. If you have an ipod I can get you the directions on how to download my songs for your ipod. As you know ipod's are very specific to itunes but you can get music from other web sites. If you have a free moment please check it out. Feel free to email me with any questions. There is also a Frequently asked questions tab (FAQ) on the site.
          She also said that most of the downloads are around $1.00

Most of the songs you can play before buying (well play part of the song)

www.burnlounge.com/mobilemedia.
          Last edited by photo_angel2004; 8 Jan 2007, 02:17 PM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Kabuchan
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Apr 2006

yes, you buy the music from them, $0.99 per song, usually $9.99 for an album. it goes into your library, then you can either burn it or download into your mp3 player. you can also copy from a cd or hard drive if you already have a bunch of songs.

they have a jukebox plus that costs 19.99, but if you only need it to buy songs, burn cds, and such, the free version is the way to go. i will find you the link if you like.

here's a screen shot of my library and of the music store...

That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• drfsupercenter
              NOT an online superstore
              • Oct 2005

AFAIK Allofmp3 is "semilegal", the way I see it "it's only illegal if you get caught".

What they are doing is running basically limewire with a 10 cent fee per song. Don't trust it.

They say it's legal, but does Russia even have copyright laws?
              CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
              Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• katzdvd
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Feb 2006

What they are doing is running basically limewire with a 10 cent fee per song. Don't trust it.
                Yeah, that's what I was looking for, cheap downloads! I'm not opposed to paying around $1.00 for a song, but then again if I'm gonna pay that much, I want the full uncompressed wav file, not an mp3

I can go on ebay/others & buy alot of the CD's for $4 to $6 ea., but I only want 1 or 2 songs from them...

...the same old dilemma over & over...that's one of the reasons file sharing is so popular - people are tired of paying premium prices for a CD just to get 1 good song off of it!

I thought maybe there would be a good legit site somewhere out there that you could maybe pay a flat fee of X dollars per month for unlimited downloads. I was really looking for something along those lines.

But then again, I want to keep it all legal...

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2004

well when you look at it this way its better to pay 1 or 2 $ for those 1 or 2 songs that you want rather buy a whole cd for more that you dont want all of.

If it is just one or two songs here and there I think its worth it but if you want more maybe not.

I did notice for that link I posted if you do want a whole cd they charge $9.99 which is cheaper then what you would pay at the store for them.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                    NOT an online superstore
                    • Oct 2005

Napster and Rhapsody both have per month services. You download WMAs and can play them as long as you still pay per month, and it's unlimited songs per month.

Now who's to stop you from burning them to CD and then cancelling?
                    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                    Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• katzdvd
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Feb 2006

Napster and Rhapsody both have per month services.
                      Thanks for the info., drf. I checked both sites & both has some of the music I was looking for (Rhapsody) wants me to download their player to listen

These may be the best (legal) choices I have come across so far.
                      Last edited by katzdvd; 9 Jan 2007, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                        NOT an online superstore
                        • Oct 2005

Honestly, I like the Rhapsody player. The free one is nice, as you can get 25 streams a month, and I will record some

Although, I uninstalled it because it needed a DRM update, and that doesn't let me remove DRM from my files... what's the point of buying songs if you can't decrypt them?!

Napster is still good though. I use the gift cards since I can't afford a monthly subscription
                        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                        Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...