issues with backing up the Exorcist:The Beginning.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blind_ino
    • Mar 2005

issues with backing up the Exorcist:The Beginning.

I am tryin to back up above mentioned movie, but when it burns to the DVD R+, it shows nothing.

I am burning with a Sony DRU710A @ 4X. Using Memorex disks...
    I initially decrypted with the newest version of DVD Decryptor and burneed with shrink. The disc cannot not beused to burn again but shows nothing. I cannot see any files, hidden or otherwise.

Any ideas or suggestions or thread I might have missed?
    Thank you in advance for your time and input.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the forums bling_ino.

When trying to play it, are you trying to play it with your computer or stand alone DVD player?

Comment

• blind_ino
      • Mar 2005

Both My DVD player will not read nor will the DRU710A
      The standalone DVD player is a Sony NS775, plays other backed up discs just fine.
      Last edited by blind_ino; 7 Mar 2005, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

i had no problems with this particular title using decrypter + dvd rebuilder

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2004

blind_ino, are you getting any reported errors at any stage (ripping, shrinking or burning) ?

Comment

• blind_ino
            • Mar 2005

No... I got nothing as far as read errors. As a matter of fact I was able to make an .iso and copy the title to my HDD, using DVD decrypter. I then cleared out all the extra crap - I just want the movie itself.

I pretty much copied the movie like Friday Night Lights.

The fact that UncasMS (and others) have been able to copy this particular movie, means that I have maybe a setting messed up...

Edit: On DVD Shrink is the book type supposed to be on DVDROM?
            Last edited by blind_ino; 7 Mar 2005, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

The fact that UncasMS (and others) have been able to copy this particular movie, means that I have maybe a setting messed up...
              not necessarily

we may simply be dealing with different region-dvds and thus different problems

in your case, however, it does NOT sound like you had problems transfering the data to your harddisk, had you?

this leads us to the next step:
              removing unwanted material

i usually run vobblanker and use the BLANK and not skip command

in your case, however, the burning process seems to be the part that got messed up

is the output material ok - can you load the created files into a software dvd player like powerdvd and does it run properly?

if so, did you reapeat burning the files once again to e.g. a rewritable disk or some other kind of media or even the same type of dvds?

Comment

• blind_ino
                • Mar 2005

i think that have it working now. I used ZVOBBlanker and then burnt it using DVD shrink. I thought it was going to waste another disc, but it plays just fine.

Comment

Working...