X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iparout
    • Jul 2002

Frozen Frames when splitting ?

Hi there.

I have followed UncasMS guide for GKnot and everything is running smoothly plus the quality is excellent (thanks Uncas). However, I read on UncasMS's site that after splitting a DivX file in order to fit it on two CDs, I should check the splitted file for frozen frames using VDub 1.4.10 by using Video --> Check Video for Freezes. However there is no such option in VDub. The only similar thing I can find is Video --> Scan Video Stream for errors however when using it, I don't get any message at the end, informing me whether there are any bad frames or not.

Any help ?

Thanks in advance.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

hi iparout,

first of all, you're right: the function has TWO different names in those two different vd-versions!

the option i was referring to is the one from the older vd_mp3_vbr version.

still you picked the right function and it is true, that there MIGHT be no message at all in the end.

divx5 as opposed to the former divx3/ms-v2 codec DOES not suffer from FROZEN FRAMES

thus, my advice of scanning every file is not valid ANY LONGER (it is though when NOT using divx5!!!).

i have just changed my guide a little and added a note that divx5 files will not have to be scanned!

there is, however, one important option one should be familiar with in divx5 PLAYBACK!

there are no frozen frames any more - so far so good BUT even a divx5 may sort of freeze!!!!

this is not, however, due to frozen frames - this can be traced back to the playback option SMOOTH PLAYBACK!!!

my firm advice is to DISABLE this option in the divx5 playback settings!!!

Comment

• iparout
      • Jul 2002

Yes, I was already aware of the problem caused by the Smooth Playback option.

Thanks for clearing things out.

Comment

Working...