Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simon_c
    • Feb 2003

audio sync is out using 5.0.3

Fairly new to encoding, but an advanced computer user, I have done some test encodes with divx codecs 5.0.2 and 5.0.3.
    All my encodes were totally fine with 5.0.2, but using (removed 5.0.2 from my system and replaced with) the new 5.0.3, I have found the audio is always out of sync by around 500ms. This has happened with 2 separate dvds with both 1st pass and mulitpass nth pass.

Specifics:
    I’m using smartripper, vob2audio, FlaskMPEG, VirtualDub. Tested on dvds “Tomorrow never dies”(cd quality sound and 1390Kbps) and “The others”(cd quality sound and 830Kbps). Both around the 640x336 size.

I know how to correct this, but I wanted to know if anyone has had the same error? Why does the new codec do this? Any suggestions?!!

On a slightly separate matter (and apologies if this is a newbie question but), what does the mvfile specifically do? (and probably an obvious question, but) Is there a large benefit of encoding using this option?

Thanks a lot. I’m sure with all your infinite wisdom, you guys can help me out !!
    Simon C
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

there is no correlation at all between divx 5.0.3 and your desynced audio afaik.

Comment

Working...