Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raju2k84
    • Sep 2003

pls somebody help me!!

i have a p4 1.7 ghz, 256 mb ram, 60 gb hdd!!i successfully converted movies like matrix, ring and x-men to divx using dr. divx !! now, for some odd reason and also only in some dvd's, when i select properly all the ripped vob's (which run perfectly in windvd or zoom player), the audio stream detected is only of a few min. and video is encoded in 0.5 hrs. which is just of 30 min. or so !!this doesn't happens in all , but only in some cases!! so, i tried gordianknot(guide at doom9), vdub(guide at afterdawn and nanomessiah) but in all cases, in virtual dub , it sez time remaining is around 10-11 hrs. for 1st pass and video rendering rate is 4-5 fps!!all people sey they take 4-5 hrs. for a good quality divx movie!! i have divx 5.1 pro coded too!! pls help me!!why is virtual dub so slow!!??
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

What filters are you using to process the video? And what advanced features of the DivX Pro compressors have you had activated? Everyone of those enabled will contribute to the slowing down of the compression process.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

why is virtual dub so slow!!?
      vd is not to blame - divx 5.1,m however, is!

5.1 is way slower than 5.05

Comment

• divxdude
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Dec 2001

well also your system could be part of the slowness too. i use to have a P4 1.5ghz and 2 hours of video took roughly 4-5 hours, now with all extra DivX 5.1 features that will easily bump it up to 8+ hours.

I now run on a P4 2.8ghz and pretty all my encoding now takes roughly 2-3 hours with extra features and all.

and try beefing your RAM to 512, cause if you run Windows XP or 2000 those two OS's need at least 256MB to run smoothly.
        Last edited by divxdude; 15 Oct 2003, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...