Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • go2id
    • Jan 2004

AviSynth Error

I am trying to use Gordian Knot to convert a DVD to DivX avi. However, everytime I done setting up everything and press the Start Encoding button, some error message pop up approximately 1 hour in to the encoding process. I have attached the error message in this post. I hope someone out there can help me out here. This is not the first time I am using Gordian Knot to convert a DVD, so I am quite familiar with all the settings and stuff. But it's already the 5th time I am trying to convert this, still no luck. If anyone can help me out, I'll be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: After I clicked the OK at that error message window, the encoding will continue on, and it'll pop up again (!) during the 2nd Pass. And if I press OK again, the process will continue on until eventually the job is done. All I would get is an incomplete avi file, missing a large portion of the movie. My take on this is the original VOB file is corrupted. So I re-rip all the VOB files again, fresh from the DVD, still no luck. -___-"

EDIT2: Is there any good programs for converting DVD to DivX avi out there ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by go2id; 28 Jan 2004, 09:38 AM.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

EDIT2: Is there any good programs for converting DVD to DivX avi out there ?
    my one and only choice is DVX

but your source seems buggy
    Last edited by UncasMS; 28 Jan 2004, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• shiny#3
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jul 2003

I recommend using the DVDX 2.x
      for checking purposes.

get your dvd into your drive hit the open dvd root select the desired videofile of your dvd.

adjust input and output settings

with the slider near the bottom of the
      main window slide to the point where your prvious encoding attempt startet to fail

encode a couple of frames 10000 or so

you can repeat this action with the ripped vob files using the open mpeg option in FILE.

if the first one does work and the second
      test fails I suppose something went wrong while ripping

If both tests succeed there must really be something wrong with your avi frameserver.

If both fail I guess it may be your DVD.
      something wrong
      Last edited by shiny#3; 29 Jan 2004, 09:18 PM.

Comment

• shiny#3
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jul 2003

ah there comes something to my mind.

Have you tried DVDshrink for simply testing
        purposes??

I suggest ripping the files with that choosing no or only little compression.

if it works you could also use the file created by DVD shrink as a source for
        GK or DVX

if it does not work it really may be your dvd.

by the way it would be helpful to mention
        of what dvd you are talking of.

maybe someone has encountered the same problem and knows a workaround

Comment

Working...