Another Audio Question, - this one is different from the others....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superspeedfreek
    • Oct 2004

Another Audio Question, - this one is different from the others....

Hello,
    I am rather new to working with Divx utilites, operations, and techniques. I am rather capable and not intimidated with long instruction guides or directions, however I have been working with this Divx encoding process for weeks now trying to achieve a file that has no audio issues! First it was just out of sync, now it is completely slowed down, to. I'd be interested with any help that you generous peeps may have to offer.
    I used Gordian Knot 0.32.0 beta to do the job. The video has been successfully encoded and looks very good. The audio just isn't playing at the appropriate speed. Like it's been pitched down real low; so that it is just dragging along. Anyone who is knowledgeable that has experience with my problem, PLEASE share the generousity by helping me resolve this situation.
    Thank you,
    -superspeedfreek
  • ziadost
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

if you want to continue encoding to divx, here you go http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/...rdianknot.html

if you want to follow my advice, i VERY VERY HIGLY recommend you encode with the xvid codec instead... go

here http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/...rdianknot.html

and here http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/xvid_setup.html

xvid is much much better than divx in quality and considerably in speed, and is also completely free

good luck
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

did you deal with ONE title so far or did you try different ones?

Comment

• superspeedfreek
        • Oct 2004

Yeah, I can successfully encoded movies into Divx 5. Two of them had audio syncing issues, the others were error free. The video quality was not exactly as good as I expected for a process that consumed over 5 hours for one 2 hour film!!! Is there an easier way to correct this besides trying to guess the ms it is off by - and inputting that info into Nandub, then wait to see the result in the saved AVI? I have adjusted to the lengthy input preparation process however I thought there would be an easier user-friendly interface available by now. Call me lazy, it's ok - I know. I have not tried other codecs like Xvid or the other Divx codec - is it 4, I dunno? Oh 3. something, - I believe. At any length - it is a space saving alternative to burning to DVD, which wasn't a problem until the crap-ass HP DVD writer I had went tits up! (hope thats not too inappropriate )*If I may give my advice here: AVOID HP!!!* Thats a different topic though. I digress, but if any encoding pro's have any nfo, advice or technique tips to offer - by all means lemme know................
        -super

Comment

Working...