Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fizban
    • Mar 2002

Howto do a DVDRip with a fixed length ?

I've some DVD with 3-4 episode each, so I want to known if there's something spécial to do 1ep=220Mo or so (for making 1DVD = 1CD = 3ep)

I want to do 2-pass encoding with divx 4.12 or 5.x

Is there some kind of tool, rippack or special parameter to use ?

I'm actually using xmpg4.2a, but with the 2-pass settings, it always gives me 250-280Mo files. And I don't want to lowres my rip. So, i'm looking for something to 'force' the final size

Thx a lot !
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

that unpredictability is typical for divx 4 and 5

using nandub + ms v2 (or divx3) should do the job perfectly fine!

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Lower the bitrate accordingly then. I doubt you're going to notice that much quality degradation at that big a filesize. Is each episode about 20-22 minutes long?

Comment

• Fizban
        • Mar 2002

thanks, guys !

ok, so...

Each ep is 30-35min. And with the 2-pass (isn't it thegreat quality?), the bitrate is automatically calculate, so i can't tweak it down.

Since each frame is analysed, why can't we specify a final size, and it compute the bitrate accordingly to a %.

Isn't the 2-pass encoding equal to the nandub encoding ? With compression less when slow action, and more when fast scene ?

I've tried MakeFilm Revolution once ago, but was used to use codec 4.12 now with 2-pass now.
        If there's no other issue, i'll go back to 3.11, but i wanna use 4.12...

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

2-pass encoding is essentially what Nandub does. However, I find that nandub results are always superior in image quality compared to 4.x 2-pass.

I have no experience with xmpg4.2a, but I think that, by right, you should be able to specify what bitrate you want to use for that specific episode. If you can't use the built-in bitrate calculator, simply get another one. There are heaps of themm

Comment

• Erci
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Nov 2001

I agree fwith enchanter. Use DivX 3.11 you'll get a better quality. If you're using SBC in nandub.

//Erci
            DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• Fizban
              • Mar 2002

ok... i'll try with 3.11

ok

trying nandub this week-end

Thanks for helping !

Comment

Working...