X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anGGa
    • May 2002

Undersized file using Nandub

Hey,

Im trying to encode a 2cd rip using nandub. The first time it was undersized (934mb), so I re-encoded the movie but this time I lowered the DRF and raised min & max gauge. When it was fnished, nothin changed and the movie is still 934mb!

Im encoding the movie again and this time I raised the Final Size to 730Mb X 2 so the bitrates would be higher...
    I just hope this time the movie would work out well In case it doesnt cause I dont really have faith in this, could u guys tell me what I can do?

Thanks...
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you already chose the best settings in order to increase the file size some more.

drf and gauge settings are the best and almost only settings that might help.

apart from increasing your resolution and of course using precise bicubic resizing there is hardly anything you can do.

keep in mind, that some movies simply do not get any bigger as the final avi is fully saturated!

i guess your movie is ~100 min, widescreen and contains a lot of dark scenes!?!?

Comment

• anGGa
      • May 2002

Originally posted by UncasMS
      precise bicubic resizing.
      Is it ok to change this even though in my firstpass I used biliniar?

keep in mind, that some movies simply do not get any bigger as the final avi is fully saturated!
      What do u mean by fully saturated?

i guess your movie is ~100 min, widescreen and contains a lot of dark scenes!?!?
      The movie is aprox 112 min. I guess its wide screen....hmmm..I dont know if its have allot of dark scenes, maybe u know. Its Blade Runner

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

i have a problem giving you a piece of advice on the question whether or not to repeat the first pass:

if you dont mind the additonal time it will take i'd strongly suggest to repeat the ENTIRE process, since bilinear filtering will lead to a slightly different compressability and thus your stats file is affected as well!

on the other hand, despite all this time and effort you might end up with a file thats hardly different, since there wont be THAT much difference after all!!

your avi should like quite fine already, does it not?

by saying 'fully saturated' i meant that the codec will NOT use more bitrate for a macroblock because the maximum has already been reached (saturation of that macroblock/movie)

and yes, of course i know blade runner and it is exactly the kind of film i had in mind : not a full-format (the directors cut should indeed have two formats: 2.35:1 and 1.66:1) and lots of dark scenes!!

Comment

• anGGa
          • May 2002

Thinkin from what u have said, that it wont be much different than now..... this will be my last try
          My rip looks indeed already fine
          And maybe the maximum has already been reached like u said Maybe this is the reason why gF-DivX (the original group who released it) chose for 1cd instead of 2cd.

Thanks for your advise man, its really usefull!!

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

Well, that's UnCasMS for ya all, he's the man! he rules!

Techno

Comment

Working...