X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • divxcollector
    • Feb 2002

Question to UncasMS (About Muxing)

Hi UncasMS,

I've been using the interleaving settings for Virtual Dub AC3 which you gave on this forum for muxing AC3 audio and video. I saw that I don't face any problems with these settings when I rip R2 movies with Flask MPEG. But when I encode movies with Nandub (both R1 and R2) and R1 movies with Flask I always have the problem of synchronization between AC3 audio and video after muxing.

I rip the AC3 audio with vob2audio. Encode the movie with Nandub. But when it comes to muxing, both Virtual Dub AC3 and Avi Mux fails in synchronization. And always at the beginning moments of the movie everything seems allright but after half an hour you see that the syncronization problem appears and get worst every moment on.

While muxing I played with the audio delay settings in Virtual Dub AC3 but couldn't succeed.

If I encode audio to MP3 I don't have synch problems most of the times.

What is the problem, is it the versions of the softwares I use, is it vob2audio or muxing tools? Are there any other programs which can solve my problem? Or there are more new settings to do in Virtual Dub AC3 which I still don't know?

If you save me you'll be my idol in the divx business because this synch problem is becoming a nightmare for me.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

so you're saying that with those settings applied in nandub, your avis are out of sync, right?

did you try muxing WITHOUT these delay settings?

the delay settings came up more than 1 1/2 year ago and where meant for vd back in those days.

maybe they are not good for nandub anymore.

Comment

• divxcollector
      • Feb 2002

I don't use Nandub for muxing, I use Virtual Dub AC3. Does it make a difference?

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

give it a try!

i consider nandub the best tool for muxing!!

Comment

• divxcollector
          • Feb 2002

Allright I'll give it a try when I get back home. I'll inform you about the result. Thank you.

Comment

• divxcollector
            • Feb 2002

Yeah as you've said Nandub muxed the movie fine but not with the ac3 file which vob2sub demuxed from the movie

I converted the movie with Flask, too and checked the direct stream option in the audio configuration part. The size of the ac3 file which demuxed with flask was 100-200 kb bigger than vob2sub's.

I muxed the movie with both of them and saw that the movie with the vob2sub's ac3 file was still out of synch.

Strange isn't it

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

the only tools i trust when it comes to audio extraction are:

vob2audio

dvd2avi

in exactly this order

Comment

Working...