Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fatbob_158
    • Jun 2002

Divx 4 fast motion bitrate..

okay, i know this is a newb question, but i was wondering. how can i get the most bitrate out of a 700 meg file.. becuase i do a little calculater thing, on say a 93 minute movie, and it says the bitrate should be about 920 or so, and that would equal a 700 meg file... but thenwhen i rip, i get a 400 meg file, becuase of thevariable bitrate or soemthing..

so anyways..... how can i make each rip 700 ( or so ) megs, optimized with the best bitrate? should i just add about 100 onto whatever the calculater tells me?

P.S. sorry for my newbness......
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

so anyways..... how can i make each rip 700 ( or so ) megs, optimized with the best bitrate? should i just add about 100 onto whatever the calculater tells me?

NOT by using fast motion - thats for sure!

the best solution is a 2pass routine.

the one i'd suggest is gordianknot + divx5

take a look at my guide if you want to give divx5 a try:

Comment

• fatbob_158
      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by UncasMS

NOT by using fast motion - thats for sure!

the best solution is a 2pass routine.

the one i'd suggest is gordianknot + divx5

take a look at my guide if you want to give divx5 a try:

http://www.atlandide.net/~uncasms/en/index.php
      yeah i tried gordianknot, but it has so many things to set for each dvd.. i got really lazy and gave up.. so i was using flask .60 it's been buggy though, keeps giving me illegal errors and screwing me over : /

EDIT: what's so bad about fast motion?
      Last edited by fatbob_158; 12 Jun 2002, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

You shouldn't be giving up on GK. It is one of the best programs for DVD encoding and much better than Flask. Lazyness shouldn't come into play when it comes to striving for quality.

Fast motion is no good because it scraps details off the video and hence the resulting video, though it may be smaller than expected, does not look goood at all and will never match up to one created by low-motion, let alone one done in 2-pass mode.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

did you try using GK according to any guide (like the one i posted above)?

of course it is not an all-in-tool like crappy flask but on the other hand it works like a charm once you get the hang of it and rewards you with a quality level you wont want to miss ever after!

Comment

• fatbob_158
            • Jun 2002

hmm okay, i'm trying this GK thing again.. i had used another program to rip the vobs before, which didn't create list files, so i re-ripped it with smart ripper, but now i can't get it to create a list file, even though the settings check-box that says "create list file" is check.. grr.... i hate being a newb!

Comment

Working...