X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theGoose
    • Feb 2004

Regarding some DivX/Xvid films on Laptop computers

Hi.

I have recently stumbled upon a strange problem when it comes to DivX/Xvid playback on laptop computers. The problem seems to be playback of certain films, though not all. When starting the film in any player (Tried WMP9, WMP 6.4, BSPlayer & Core Media Player) windows produce an error message and the player shuts down.

I've had the same problem on 2 different laptops: Dell Inspiron 8600 with 1.5GHz Pentium M, 512 MB Ram & Nvidia Gefrorce 4 4200 Go.

The other, HP Pavilion 5400 with Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, 512 Ram & the ATI Radeon IGP 245 graphics card.

These are both models of later date (as of Feb 2004) with different hardware, yet the same problem occurs on both.

The computers (including my desktop with Geforce 4 4200 Ti card that runs all movies flawlessly) have the following codecs and software:

-DivX ver. 5.1
    -Xvid (Koepis latest unstable)
    -AC3 Decoder (From nemo, but the only codec from that pack)

-BS player, WMP9, Core Mediaplayer.

Why is it that the same setup works on any desktop, but not on laptops.

I've searched the forum and seen another Norwegian with the same problem, but no sufficient answer was given. Any help and ideas are appreciated.

theGoose
  • theGoose
    • Feb 2004

Update.

Well, after doing alot of testing, only films with AC3 sound crashed. It seems Nimo can't even do that right. By using AC3 Filter 70b, playback now work on all computers.

theGoose

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

wouldnt have happened with tsunami's filterpack 3.9.9

*g*

Comment

Working...