X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Changing Filter Settings of M$ MPEG4V2

As stated by the topic. I don't seem able to do so with videos at resolutions of 640x480. I can do it at 512x384 and (presumably) lower. However, given that most of my videos are at the higher resolutions and that viewers who don't have the codec installed won't even be able to view the codec property, this is not good. Are there certain players that can access this property? Does UncasMS (or anybody else) have a solution?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

hi enchanter,

no matter which resolution is use, i can access and change the v2 post-processing filter settings to anything i want to!

thus i have absolutely no idea whats going on on your system.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Now that's funny indeed. This has been happening to me ever since the first time I installed the codec. Perhaps I'll give the other codec pack a try with regards to this codec. Thanks, Uncas.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

so you can access the settings only in certain resolutions, did i get that correctly?

if so: which rsolution did work and which dont?
        which os, which filterpack?

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Yes, 640x480 won't allow me to change the settings (The slider is greyed out). The bitrate averages around 1000-1100, which isn't very demanding, esp. for a P4 system. Lower resolution at 512x384 works. I have yet to test even lower resolutions, but I'm positive it should work there. The only problem is the higher resolution clips.

Win2K SP2 and Nimo 5. The M$ codec has been renamed Microcrap, am I correct?

Comment

Working...