Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ruut
    • Jun 2002

Potter

I can't get any sound with Potter in DivX, I think there is a codec problem but I haven't got a clue how to solve it. I've downloaded codec 4.02 but what do I do with it?

thanks
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

read this?

there is absolutely NO info in your posting - and we are no mind-readers.

moreover, we have said it a couple of times before:
    file information can be helpful.

Last edited by UncasMS; 8 Jun 2002, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I follow UncasMS's opinion that you should be more informative on your posting. We may know technical stuff, but are absolutely clueless when nothing much has been specified.

Anyway, assuming that you have your video viewable, there is a possibility that the audio track in the movie is either MP3, hacked version of M$ WMA or AC3. I'm positive that your system can play MP3 files. For the hacked WMA, you need to uninstall 4.12 (You didn't just download it and left it there, I assume), and install 3.11a (whose installation will install WMA codec as well), followed by 4.12 (Telling it No when it offers to play 3.11 contents). If it still does not work, install a software DVD player, like PowerDVD or WinDVD. Alternatively, install the AC3 codec from the Nimo or Tsunami codec pack.

I hope you will try doing the above first before saying anything else here. We have had too many people asking for help, never bothering to do whatever we told them to do, but keep on asking questions. Hopefully, you do not fall under this category.

Comment

Working...