Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

You put season 1,2,3,4,5,6 in your queue and you get season 5 disc 1 and seson 4 disc 3 and season 1 disc 2 all in the same shipment
    You must be cursed with a piss poor distribution center.When I tried BB in the past I got my series DVDs in the right order.I just got the HBO series Big Love and they all came the way they should

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by BR7
      You must be cursed with a piss poor distribution center.When I tried BB in the past I got my series DVDs in the right order.I just got the HBO series Big Love and they all came the way they should
      What is amusing is the WI distribution center for BB online is one of the largest in the Mid west and its the store that is less then 1 mile from my home.

Although NONE of my ONLINE movies have ever come from WI, they come from CA, MI and IL.

Go figure

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
        I know I take mine in the store too and it takes a week. The store manager and the online people say the same thing......"well thats why we let our customers take 3 out from the store. That way you dont have to wait a week to get the next 3"

Good luck if you want to rent a TV serise on dvd thats another joke.

You put season 1,2,3,4,5,6 in your queue and you get season 5 disc 1 and seson 4 disc 3 and season 1 disc 2 all in the same shipment.

Makes you wonder who they have working for them.
        If it is taking a week to receive your next online DVDs something is wrong

Do you add the Series as a set or individual DVDs? From the BB FAQ

How do I add sets/series and manage them within My Queue?

Answer
        We give you the option to add a box set or series to your Queue, one volume at a time. The titles will be shipped according to availability. When you add a series/set to your queue, it is added as a group and indicated by a padlock icon. As long as you do not break the set (unlock the padlock), you will receive the titles in order. Please note that if disc one in the set is not available, the others will not be shipped. If you break (unlock) the set, they will not ship as a set and may ship in random order.

Comment

• BR7
          • Aug 2005

Just got this email

From January 2 to January 14, 2007, BLOCKBUSTER Total Access™ members can get the following new releases* for just $5.99 each (regularly priced up to $14.99): The Break-Up, Nacho Libre, Monster House and Mission: Impossible III. Print out the coupons below and head into your local participating BLOCKBUSTER® store for these exclusive members-only offers.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Tiakim
            Lost in la la land (UK)
            • Jan 2007

I was thinking of joining UK BlockBuster online rental.

I'm now thinking again.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
              Queen of Digital Video
              Queen of Digital Video
              • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by jm1647
              If it is taking a week to receive your next online DVDs something is wrong

Do you add the Series as a set or individual DVDs? From the BB FAQ

How do I add sets/series and manage them within My Queue?

Answer
              We give you the option to add a box set or series to your Queue, one volume at a time. The titles will be shipped according to availability. When you add a series/set to your queue, it is added as a group and indicated by a padlock icon. As long as you do not break the set (unlock the padlock), you will receive the titles in order. Please note that if disc one in the set is not available, the others will not be shipped. If you break (unlock) the set, they will not ship as a set and may ship in random order.[/
              That is crap and not even possible. If they mailed one of a set out you can not unlock the rest of the set if you try you get a pop up that tells you you can not unlock a set in shipping.

I have them selected in sets BB's people are the ones that are .... I wont say.

I always get my movies on thursday or friday. Never get them in the mail more then once in a week.

They throttle big time. I also have the instore pass and those that have the instore pass tend to get much less online.

If our local store wouldnt have turned into the largest dis. center and pulled all of the movies off the store shelvs for the stupid online stuff I would cancle the online. But I have to deal with their crap for now considering most of the movie titles are no longer in our store to rent, as they are in back for the online. Yet I never get any of my online stuff from our store or our state.
              Last edited by photo_angel2004; 3 Jan 2007, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• BR7
                • Aug 2005

When I first used BB online it took 3-4 days to get my movies.Now it takes 1 day to get to me after they are shipped.Netflix takes a day to get to me also but then it takes 3 days for my return movies to get to them
                Last edited by BR7; 4 Jan 2007, 09:25 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                  One I first used BB online it took 3-4 days to get my movies.Now it takes 1 day to get to me after they are shipped.Netflix takes a day to get to me also but then it takes 3 days for my return movies to get to them
                  I turned in 3 yesterday, got 4 (using 1 of the ecoupons I received) they mailed 3 today, which I'll probably get tomorrow
                  Attached Files

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    Queen of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2004

I am still waiting LOL

I wish i could get them as fast as you guys can. I probably wont get my next 3 till friday or next week they dont seem to want to ship any more then 3 per week for me no matter how fast I get then scanned in at the store.

Comment

• Kabuchan
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      • Apr 2006

I don't get them as fast as I used too either. I used to have a 3 day turn around. Now it takes a week. I take the mailed movies to the store to turn them in, but they have nothing there but new movies and games.

I wanted to rent older movies like Babe (the pig movie), Sleeping Beauty, and Turner and Hooch but they never have them or they don't carry them. And online it says "very long wait". I have been waiting 4 months for Babe.

Their quality has gone down too. Don't bother renting an old Godzilla movie - it will skip throughout the whole movie.
                      That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

That is crap and not even possible. If they mailed one of a set out you can not unlock the rest of the set if you try you get a pop up that tells you you can not unlock a set in shipping.

I have them selected in sets BB's people are the ones that are .... I wont say.

I always get my movies on thursday or friday. Never get them in the mail more then once in a week.

They throttle big time. I also have the instore pass and those that have the instore pass tend to get much less online.

If our local store wouldnt have turned into the largest dis. center and pulled all of the movies off the store shelvs for the stupid online stuff I would cancle the online. But I have to deal with their crap for now considering most of the movie titles are no longer in our store to rent, as they are in back for the online. Yet I never get any of my online stuff from our store or our state.
                        You mentioned they closed a lot of BB stores in your area. I still have about 5 in a 5 mile radius and still only go to 1.

I never had a real problem with sets, maybe one or 2 in the queue but I didn't add them as sets but individually.

If you get your DVDs on Thursday or Friday when do you turn them in to the store? Mine are usually returned the next day for the swap.

If what your saying is what they are doing (pulling all the DVDs off the shelf and throttling online users) why ya keeping the movie pass for the store?

I've never got a BB DVD from Wisconsin, all mine have come from the Philly distribution center or the 2 or 3 I got from local NJ B&M BB stores. I just got a DVD from NF from New Mexico

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                          Queen of Digital Video
                          Queen of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2004

You mentioned they closed a lot of BB stores in your area. I still have about 5 in a 5 mile radius and still only go to 1.

I never had a real problem with sets, maybe one or 2 in the queue but I didn't add them as sets but individually.

If you get your DVDs on Thursday or Friday when do you turn them in to the store? Mine are usually returned the next day for the swap.

If what your saying is what they are doing (pulling all the DVDs off the shelf and throttling online users) why ya keeping the movie pass for the store?

I've never got a BB DVD from Wisconsin, all mine have come from the Philly distribution center or the 2 or 3 I got from local NJ B&M BB stores. I just got a DVD from NF from New Mexico

Thats part of what I have been filing complaints about if we have the largest distribution center in the mid west then why are all of my dvd's comming from the other side of the country?

And yes that is what thy have done here pulled over 80% of the titles of the store shelves for the online so they can have a large online selection. Yet my titles dont come from around here. I have to keep the instore pass due to the fact that is the ONLY way to get NEW releases when they come out on Tuesday.

Online dosnt have ALL new releases and the way I get movies I wouldnt never get them till they are a month old.

Most of the TV shows have been pulled in store so the only way to get those is ONLINE.

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

Thats part of what I have been filing complaints about if we have the largest distribution center in the mid west then why are all of my dvd's comming from the other side of the country?

And yes that is what thy have done here pulled over 80% of the titles of the store shelves for the online so they can have a large online selection. Yet my titles dont come from around here. I have to keep the instore pass due to the fact that is the ONLY way to get NEW releases when they come out on Tuesday.

Online dosnt have ALL new releases and the way I get movies I wouldnt never get them till they are a month old.

Most of the TV shows have been pulled in store so the only way to get those is ONLINE.
                            Wait another day or so and swap in the Online DVDs you get on Thursday or Friday for the new releases on Tuesday. BB normally doesn't ship on the weekends.
                            I usally have the opposite problem my BB store doesn't have all the new releases that online has, and I have received new releases the day they are released from online by having them in my queue before they are released and juggling them around

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2004

Wait another day or so and swap in the Online DVDs you get on Thursday or Friday for the new releases on Tuesday. BB normally doesn't ship on the weekends.
                              I usally have the opposite problem my BB store doesn't have all the new releases that online has, and I have received new releases the day they are released from online by having them in my queue before they are released and juggling them around
                              Dont forget your getting movies from a MUCH BETTER distribution center then I am. And you get movies every week. I cant count on that.

@Kabuchan
                              childrens movies UNless they are a NEW BIG disney release are hard to get from BB, they never did carrie more then 1 or 2 copies in the stores and now that they have gone online and pulled those older movies off store shelfs there are many people that want them and only a few copies to be rented. For some reason BB doesnt want to buy more of those movies so that they can be rented.

Childrens movies you have either be there the day they are released and be there with in the first 3 hours the store opens, or get them else where.

For those reasons I have had to buy most of those movies rather then rent them.
                              Last edited by photo_angel2004; 5 Jan 2007, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Dont forget your getting movies from a MUCH BETTER distribution center then I am. And you get movies every week. I cant count on that.
                                It was bad shipping for me the week after Christmas when they said the site had trouble. I made phone calls and sent emails and didn't stop until I got 3 free ecoupons. I wound up getting 3 in the mail, swapped for 3 in the store and the 3 ecoupons for a total of 9 that week, my worse week since TA started. Still better than I could ever do with NF.

I got Air Buddies at my store within the first 3 weeks of release. I looked for it twice in 1 week when I wanted to get it and got it. It was only 3 copies wide on a shelf, not a lot for a new release.

@Kabuchan - Babe is a very long wait for me also.
                                Last edited by jm1647; 5 Jan 2007, 02:45 PM. Reason: fixed my toast

Comment

Working...