X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

I have been e-mailing them. After about a half a dozen e-mails they throw in one Just one free coupon yet still dont have my account fixed.

Maybe I will get some where by phone. ( fingers crossed)

I think I may have my BB online problems solved, after waiting forever on hold I got a rep that was great!
    He is personally taking over my account and had re arranged my queue to put back some I got that I wasnt ready for and red flagged the account to get the ones I want first! Since I have had nothing but problems since I put the Soprano's and in my queue he gave me one month Free and 3 new coupons to print out to get 3 instore. He also removed the last 3 I got from my queue and has the account flagged to ship Monday Morning. He also gave me his direct e-mail and phone line if any movie isnt shipped with in 30 hours to call him direct and if they send season 6 before season 2 to also call him. He assured me that the problem will be fixed and if not they will give me another month free.

So I am thinking we may be on track now, the phone call paid off more then any e-mail has. This guy was able to go into my account and fix things and red flag things that the e-mail people cant do.

In addition the sopranos season 3 that I got yesterday I can still take back for 3 more so in a nut shell, call not email = 1 free month and 6 free instore. With 90 days to use them so I can save them for the Tuesday new releases.

I am starting to think with nicer thoughts on this now. Amen!
    Last edited by photo_angel2004; 7 Jan 2007, 10:15 AM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jamoskeag3
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2005

PA,
      Good for you.
      The phone talks!

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
        I have been e-mailing them. After about a half a dozen e-mails they throw in one Just one free coupon yet still dont have my account fixed.

Maybe I will get some where by phone. ( fingers crossed)

I think I may have my BB online problems solved, after waiting forever on hold I got a rep that was great!
        He is personally taking over my account and had re arranged my queue to put back some I got that I wasnt ready for and red flagged the account to get the ones I want first! Since I have had nothing but problems since I put the Soprano's and in my queue he gave me one month Free and 3 new coupons to print out to get 3 instore. He also removed the last 3 I got from my queue and has the account flagged to ship Monday Morning. He also gave me his direct e-mail and phone line if any movie isnt shipped with in 30 hours to call him direct and if they send season 6 before season 2 to also call him. He assured me that the problem will be fixed and if not they will give me another month free.

So I am thinking we may be on track now, the phone call paid off more then any e-mail has. This guy was able to go into my account and fix things and red flag things that the e-mail people cant do.

In addition the sopranos season 3 that I got yesterday I can still take back for 3 more so in a nut shell, call not email = 1 free month and 6 free instore. With 90 days to use them so I can save them for the Tuesday new releases.

I am starting to think with nicer thoughts on this now. Amen!
        Since Christmas I gave had more success with email than over the phone. I guess it all depends on who reads and answers your emails and who answers the phone. Like I said persistance pays off no matter who or what you are dealing with
        Last edited by jm1647; 7 Jan 2007, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• athlon700
          • Sep 2006

I don't understand the problem. I have been getting 6 movies a week from BB for 3 months. I return 3 I received in the mail on Sat. pick up 3 more in the store and they acknowledge the returns on Monday ship the next 3 in Q on Tue I receive them on Wednesday and we do it again. With Netflix I was lucky if I got 6 a month.

Comment

• weap0nkil
            • Jan 2007

yeh i heard that also

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by athlon700
              I don't understand the problem. I have been getting 6 movies a week from BB for 3 months. I return 3 I received in the mail on Sat. pick up 3 more in the store and they acknowledge the returns on Monday ship the next 3 in Q on Tue I receive them on Wednesday and we do it again. With Netflix I was lucky if I got 6 a month.
              In the beginning with NF I was getting around 20 DVDs a month then it started to slow down In the last month or so it has magically picked back up but will never equal the amount I get with BB and Total Access because the mail man comes into play both ways to get your next DVD. With Total Access the mail man is knocked outta the picture to get your next DVDs shipped. Turning in the online DVDs to a BB store, gets ya free rentals and triggers the next DVD shipping from your online queue. BB even gave free rentals for the NF address flaps for 2 weeks at the stores

:

Comment

• OldStuff
                • Dec 2006

Instant viewing -- Netflix delivers over the Web

POSTED: 10:04 a.m. EST, January 16, 2007

Netflix will start showing movies over the Internet
                Some subscribers will get immediate access to the service
                Viewing time based how much customers already pay
                Service requires Window's OS and high-speed connection

CNN Story

Comment

• katzdvd
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Feb 2006

Well, I am going back on a post that I made earlier, as my TA service has gotten absolutely horrible! I have tried to contact BB online on the phone for the last 2 days with a busy signal every time.

I called my local store manager & she assured me that she has heard of no problems with the TA plan, that everyone that comes into the store is very satisfied with it.

Following is an excerpt from the email that I just sent to them, since they have the phone "off the hook" !
                  I am not happy with your service at all. It seems as if you are holding the next ones in my queue; case in point; I returned Gidget S1/D2 to my local corporate store on 1/9; you showed that you received it online on 1/13, & then waited 2 more days to ship the next in my queue. Also, you did the same with Mission Mars collection; I returned 1/4, you show that you received on 1/8.

Also, Chicken Run; I returned on 1/11; you show received on 1/15. To make matters worse, after you receive the movie, you wait an additional 2-3 days (more) before shipping the next ones I my queue. I keep my queue filled with AVAILABLE rentals near the top, so I don't have to wait on them to ship.

I have contacted you previously about this problem, & it seems as if the service has gotten worse instead of better. If things do not clear up, I will strongly consider cancelling my membership. I do want to receive more than 2movies a week to watch.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Yeah, 8 movies a mo. do not cut it; I know, I get to swap them out in the store, but as PA mentioned earlier, the store has a very limited selection of what I want.

Bottom Line: I do not like being throttled!!!

(BTW, they don't like that word when you mention it to them on the phone)

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by katzdvd
                    Well, I am going back on a post that I made earlier, as my TA service has gotten absolutely horrible! I have tried to contact BB online on the phone for the last 2 days with a busy signal every time.

I called my local store manager & she assured me that she has heard of no problems with the TA plan, that everyone that comes into the store is very satisfied with it.

Following is an excerpt from the email that I just sent to them, since they have the phone "off the hook" !

Yeah, 8 movies a mo. do not cut it; I know, I get to swap them out in the store, but as PA mentioned earlier, the store has a very limited selection of what I want.

Bottom Line: I do not like being throttled!!!

(BTW, they don't like that word when you mention it to them on the phone)
                    I have had a lil problem with shipping myself lately, 3 dvds were shipped as per my queue on 1-3-06 1 they received back the next day that I never got and the other 2 never made it so I reported them. Well the other 2 arrived today with 1 that was shipped Saturday??? But since 1-3-06 9 have shipped I received 7 and got a coupla ecoupons to boot so still not too bad
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by jm1647; 17 Jan 2007, 10:00 AM. Reason: changer received 8 to received 7

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Nov 2005

Given all the hoidays weve had in the past two weeks, coupled with the bad weather, I guess i dont find it surprising that things got slowed down, imho.

Comment

• katzdvd
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Feb 2006

BB just sent me a reply email that reads as if they were talking to a kindergarden student! They "reported" 1 of the movies that I had an issue with, which frees up another slot in my queue.

Guess they forgot the other 2...

jm - you're right; 9 shipped, a couple ecoupons & swapping them out in the store may not be a bad deal - except for the fact that they are still lying, it is not "total access" & they are throttling by not checking them into their system when I return them to the store.

However, I am not getting anywhere near that. At this point, I feel PA's pain from a few weeks ago with her posts about being throttled.

I wish I had another option at this point, I would seriously consider dumping them.

The kat is angry

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

BB just sent me a reply email that reads as if they were talking to a kindergarden student! They "reported" 1 of the movies that I had an issue with, which frees up another slot in my queue.

jm - you're right; 9 shipped, a couple ecoupons & swapping them out in the store may not be a bad deal - except for the fact that they are still lying, it is not "total access" & they are throttling by not checking them into their system when I return them to the store.

However, I am not getting anywhere near that. At this point, I feel PA's pain from a few weeks ago with her posts about being throttled.

I wish I had another option at this point, I would seriously consider dumping them.

The kat is angry
                          @angry kat - I don't blame ya, I get the canned email responses also, which I just reply back to explaining how wrong the answer was. I answer the surveys not satisified.
                          I have recently received an email that said the availability of DVDs that can be sent to me in under 3 days may not be available at distribution centers near me so they may ship something lower in my queue or not ship anything at all. I have ~60 DVDs in my queue with over 45 available. If they are not within my shipping range then they should be short or long wait and not listed as available.

They gave me 2 free weeks recently and I replied I don't want 2 free weeks I want my DVDs shipped. With 2 DVDs I returned to a store on Friday I mentioned in an email that they probably would not ship until after the holiday, low and behold 1 shipped Saturday, which I received today and 1 shipped yesterday.

I suggested a button to report "I returned a DVD to my a store" to trigger the shipping of the next DVD.

Your right 9 shipped only received 7 so far (1 went back without me receiving it) and 1 on the way is not bad but not what it should have been.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2004

The kat is angry

My problem with BB online is solved.

You have to call on the phone and you have to get a manager that can do something to help you then that manager will give you his or her direct e-mail and phone number to contack them and when there are more problems they can get them fixed.

just talking to the customer service or e-mailing the customer service will only give you a very sore head from beating into the wall over and over again.

I have a manager now that controls my account. If something is going right I e-mail him right away and the problem is solved right there and then.

So far since the manager help.

I got:

1 FREE MOnth of service
                            3 printable cpupons for free game or movie rentals in store,
                            then 3 more when they screwed up again
                            then when one of my movies arrived cracked I didnt report that on the BB site I e-mailed my manager and there was a new dvd in my mail box the next day.

Pluss 3 more free rentals in store and ONE MORE FREE month of service.

So I wont have to pay unitl March 18th 2007 now. And movies are arriving as they should for the first time.

Get a manager I cant stress that more. It will pay.

Also mention that you are thinking of turning to NetFlix (that is BB new "N" word)

And it works well.

Also mention another name of a local video rental store like hollywood video. LOL

That helps.

My only problem right now is I am getting movies faster then I can watch them, from one extreen to the next but this one I wont B$tch about. LMFAO.

Comment

• jamoskeag3
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Nov 2005

PA,
                              way to go!

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                                Queen of Digital Video
                                Queen of Digital Video
                                • Jan 2004

Just be prepaired to wait a very long time on hold for a manager to get to your call. LOL

Worth the wait though and once you do you never have to wait again.

Comment

Working...