Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

With BB I swapped 3 yesterday from online at my local store for 3 and so far 1 new one shipped from online already today. I turned the 3 in at the counter and did not use the drop box inside the store for returns.

And I noticed the free ecoupon for February is showing today
    Last edited by jm1647; 15 Feb 2007, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by jm1647
      With BB I swapped 3 yesterday from online at my local store for 3 and so far 1 new one shipped from online already today. I turned the 3 in at the counter and did not use the drop box inside the store for returns.

And I noticed the free ecoupon for February is showing today
      Wound up going 3 for 3, 3 swapped on the 13th and 3 shipped on the 14th

Comment

• MikeyBK
        Digital Video Maniac
        • Feb 2006

Well John, I finally went for the Total Access from Blockbusters..

I got 3 movies over the weekend and returned them on Tuesday morning for The Departed, School For Scoundrels, and Zoom, all the new releases , and lo and behold!!! In my queue it shows that they have sent three more Wednesday!!! Wow...Blockbusters is speeding up!!!

Glad I switched back to BB... Thanks for the feedback John and everyone...
        MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
        Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
        ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
        XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
        Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
        Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
        *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
        *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• jm1647
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by MikeyBK
          Well John, I finally went for the Total Access from Blockbusters..

I got 3 movies over the weekend and returned them on Tuesday morning for The Departed, School For Scoundrels, and Zoom, all the new releases , and lo and behold!!! In my queue it shows that they have sent three more Wednesday!!! Wow...Blockbusters is speeding up!!!

Glad I switched back to BB... Thanks for the feedback John and everyone...
          @Mikey I hope the good shipping continues for you

The online rental battle continues. I also mailed 3 back to NF yesterday and my queue shows 3 shipping today. The BB TA thing seems to have brought new life back to NF, 15 shipped since Feb 1st
          Attached Files

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

Nothing like the power of real compition.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
              Nothing like the power of real compition.
              If NF didn't pick back up it was going on/off month by month as needed

Comment

• Metrock
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Feb 2007

Since getting my first movie fromm BB on 4-26 I have turned around 10 and 3 were shipped today with an expected delivery date of 5-17 to 5-18. In the beginning they were expected delivery dates within 1 day of shipping.

The one thing I like BB over NF is that after 3 days of when BB ships you can report the DVD ans not being recieved and they ship the next one. With NF it is 6 days for receiving and shipping back before you can report them.
                thats what i like about bb to but it lets me report them the day after the est shipping day and i always report them as send back and have not cleared in my queue

Comment

• Aegmorgil
                  • Nov 2005

got a scratched dvd from BB last week. they shipped out a replacement from a store. It shipped the 12th, was expected to arrive on the 15th, and actually arrived on the 16th. I looked at the address and it's from my regular BB store about a mile away!!!! Proof positive that the "mailing time" or "transit time" for your low-demand movies shipped from stores instead of distribution centers is nothing but LIES, LIES, LIES!!! Marketing strategy and number manipulation on the part of BB, nothing more!

It's because of crap like this that I can't decide which service to go through!

Comment

• aksmith
                    • May 2004

I think there are glitches in any of these services. But BB has been great, especially since the switch to total access.

I now swap three movies a week at the store, so I get the new releases on Tuesday. And I then get three older films during the week in the mail. Then I swap again on Tuesday for the new releases. And I always take back the "in store" films and hand them to the clerk to be scanned as returned. That removes most of the human error from leaving the films in the drop box.

I am retired, so I can watch a lot of films while I'm doing paperwork or walking on the treadmill. I'm now getting more than 20 films per month on this plan and I have time to watch all of them. It's really great. I would never go back to Netflix. They were throttling me like I was a thief. Ridiculous. I hope they're getting better, but BB has been great for me.

Comment

• agardonia
                      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                      lies... all LIES!
                      I never had any problems with them, I have the 3 movies at one time deal...i get 4 - 6 per week in the mail, plus the ones I trade in at the store. Think it just depends on where you live, how your local mail center processes the mail, the weather, and all other kinds of variables we don't think about. (Holidays, sick mail workers...substitutes don't always know the routes, postal vehicle breakdowns) people at the Blockbuster place not following directions, new workers, equipment breakdown...conveyors, scanners, etc....just all kinds of stuff you wouldn't think about.

I think everyone's experiences are gonna be different, and just like with any business, there are people who will be happy with the service, and there will be others that aren't.

I will say I live pretty close to my distribution center, so that may be a factor as to why I get mine so promptly.

Late!

Andrew

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

Bummer I returned 3 DVDs Saturday to my local BB and had no action in my BB queue today. I called support and they told me BB distribution centers took the day off. I mailed 3 back to NF on Saturday and today my queue shows 3 as shipped, I guess NF was open and got shipments ready for the USPS for Tuesday but BB didn't.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

The saga continues with CSR from BB. I checked my mail a lil while ago and there were 3 emails from BB. 1 from 10:35PM, 12:34AM and 2:35AM saying 3 DVDs were shipped. aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the bullsh1t continues or maybe they have a second and third shift working

Comment

• NightTran
                            King of Digital Video
                            King of Digital Video
                            • Aug 2005

The saga continues with CSR from BB. I checked my mail a lil while ago and there were 3 emails from BB. 1 from 10:35PM, 12:34AM and 2:35AM saying 3 DVDs were shipped. aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the bullsh1t continues or maybe they have a second and third shift working
                            how about they just read your post
                            sigpic

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by NightTran
                              how about they just read your post
                              I hope they did

Comment

• BR7
                                He is coming to your little town!
                                • Aug 2005

But the million dollar question is will they care when they do

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...