2 svcd to 1 dvd-r

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude2003
    • Mar 2003

i have read through dvdrhelper.com/edit... i have choosen to use TMPGEnc. the instruction seem easy enough. i have a few questions before i start... any one please feel free to answer...

1. It says- Tools: TMPGEnc. To edit MPEG2 make sure that you have MPEG2 codec installed...... does that mean to to down load a codec name MPEG2? or is Tmpgnc the codec. I have already downloaded TMPEG2

2. Do i already need to have the svcd in the dvd drive? or will it tell me to put it in later?

3. i want to join 2 different svcd disc.. will it tell me when to put the next disc in or do run the program twice?

I am asking these questions because i don't know... and if you don't know you should because some else may know the answer or where to get it
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bull****. I'm not smart, but I like to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

If you can play the SVCD's on your PC then you have the mpeg-2 codec installed.

You can only join these files, after you have extracted them using ISOBUSTER. Point TMPGenc to the 2 or 3 svcd files on your harddrive that you want to join, then join them.

Comment

• Dude2003
        • Mar 2003

Yeahhhhh Me

thanks batman... isobuster worked.... and so did Tmpgec.... but the sound is off by about 2.5 seconds.... any ideas?
        If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bull****. I'm not smart, but I like to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

The sound is off by 2.5 seconds after you join all 3 files?

Here's a method on fixing the constant 2.5 second synch:

From dvdrhelp.com
          load your clip into TMPGEnc and click the 'Setting' button
          in the 'MPEG setting' dialog that opens select the 'Advanced' tab
          check off the box next to 'Source range' and then double click the words 'Source range'
          in the 'Source range' dialog that opens there is a feild to enter an 'Audio gap correct' value in millisecconds
          use a positive value to move the audio forward and a negative to move it backwards (ok that might be backwards i havent fixed audio in a while)
          i highly reccomend making a 1 or 2 minute long clip of your video to play with adjusting the audio gap setting till you are pleased with the sync then load up the whole thing and let it run
          it should also be noted that this will only shift the position of the audio. if the audio is stretched or shrunken this will not fix it. that is considerably more difficult to fix and requires far more time and patience that any video on earth is worth. /

Comment

• Dude2003
            • Mar 2003

your right about the sound...... ummmmmm...is my movie now dvd coded? re-encoded.. or what ever it called?.. what i mean is will it read like a dvd not a svcd?

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

If you just joined the files, no it hasn't been re-encoded, just 3 svcd mpeg-2 files joined into one large svcd mpeg-2 file.

You can use TMPGEnc to re-encode the file to dvd specification.

Comment

• Dude2003
                • Mar 2003

re encoding guide?

can you tell me where i can find a re encoding guide? i tried to check dvdrhelp.... maybe i overlooked it... i also tried doom9.. to was complcated... i would like to use a guiide using tmpgnc

Comment

• Dude2003
                  • Mar 2003

??

i think i found it http://www.dvdrhelp.com/mpeg2tovcd.htm is this right ?

Comment

• Batman
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2002

Your close, but not quite there:

That's the guide

Comment

• Dude2003
                      • Mar 2003

oops...

so i think i just messed up.. i just did something with dvd2avi.... so i could use tmpengc..... should i stop it??

Comment

• ChrissyBoy
                        • Mar 2003

I have written a tool which automates the steps Batman refers to. It should be of help to you... Check my sig.

ChrissyBoy

Comment

• Dude2003
                          • Mar 2003

Thanks

thank chrissy!!!!!1

Comment

• Dude2003
                            • Mar 2003

????

i did not find a link... did i do somthing wromg?

Comment

• ChrissyBoy
                              • Mar 2003

Dude2003,

From the font page.....

Beta version (0.1.3) available for download! - see Release area.
                              Enjoy

CB

Comment

Working...