newbie question, but I read the faqs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pete in nyc
    • Apr 2004

I downloaded the tmpgenc program but it's beyond my comprehension how to do what I need.. I ended up allowing Nero to reduce the quality in order to make the clips fit onto a single dvd.. I am not sure whether the quality is less than if I had let dvdshrink do the compression, but it's the best I could manage.

The quality drop is definitely noticeable, though. So I would like to know how to do it bette in the future.

Thanks to you all for you help!

pete

Comment

• MrJingles
      • Sep 2003

I have spent a considerable amount of time looking at the process for converting an avi file to DVD.

Sometimes a simple process will work for the conversion (Nero Vision Express is one example) but the main issue that I had was the audio and video out of sync on the final DVD.

After some help from setarip (identifying various tools and methods) I have finally been able to identify a process that is about 95% successful and produces an excellent quality DVD.

I have just produced this guide and you can view it on my website here.

Although not all of this guide will be applicable to your problem, there are some sections that will be. Primarily, the process for converting your avi file to a DVD format using TMPGEnc, but also ensuring that you can produce the necessary file structure for your finished DVD (using TMPGEnc DVD Author).

The other thing not mentioned in my guide (I will update it) is to ignore the message that the DVD file is too large. Once the DVD creation process is finished you can then use DVDShrink to open the DVD files on your PC and shrink them down to the correct size.

Let me know how you get on.....

Comment

Working...