Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

Thanks r0lZ - another great enhancement to this great program!

Thanks a 1,000,000

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To r0lZ

Looks like an interesting program with many possible uses ;>}

"Necessity is the Mother of Invention" - NOT a quote by Frank Zappa

Comment

• r0lZ
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Mar 2004

Thanks, guys!

@stearip: Nero is not able to keep the 32K gaps between IFO and BUPs, so you should not recommend it for burning stripped out DVD-VIDEOs. Use RecordNow! (Sonic or Stomp's version) or... PgcEdit!
        The next version of PgcEdit will have the function to burn DL medias as well, with the possibility to select the layer break cell, with preview. Another thing Nero cannot do correctly!
        Last edited by r0lZ; 10 Jun 2005, 06:45 PM.
        r0lZ
        PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
        Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• ZZ-Diego
          • Feb 2005

Dear r0lz, i have a strange error message in latest PGCEdit about encrypted parts of a ripped dvd (one vob). Is there a way to see whats going on in PGCEdit and why its alarming?

thread:

best regards
          Diego
          Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
          Manfred: That's what you do in a herd, you look out for one another.

Comment

• r0lZ
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Mar 2004

Humm, actually, I must change this error message, because it is sometimes wrong.
            This message may be caused by encrypted VOBs, but also by wrong VOBU indexes in the IFOs.
            If you are sure that the VOBs are not encrypted, you should do a mock strip on the VOB that caused the problem. It's probably sufficient to fix the IFOs.
            Most of the time, this error is caused by the fact that the VOBs have been modified with another program, and then copied over the original ones, without the IFOs (or vice versa). Therefore, the tables in the IFOs are not the right ones. See this thread for an example.
            Last edited by r0lZ; 24 Jun 2005, 07:18 AM.
            r0lZ

Comment

• ZZ-Diego
              • Feb 2005

Dear r0lz,

thank you so much for answering to my problem. The problem is really weird.
              I can open this vob without problems and also shrinking with dvdshrink is
              possible but the error is still there if i open it afterwards in PGCEdit again.
              First i thought its just a vob header problem, then i thought its because of
              some encrypted parts and now i really dont know what to think about.
              It would be so important to compare to vobs for example to see wheres
              the difference. Also it seems theres some protection-jump-sector command what PGCEdit interprets as encrypted or something. I dont know. The important info would be, which bit or cell causes this alert and problem.
              The vob is purely not encrypted...thats for sure...

also i ripped the film with dvdd and exchanged this particular vob. After that the alert moved to sector 5460 or something like that. So is it a ifo problem then or a vob problem? I cant see clear here.... please help.

[Humm, actually, I must change this error message, because it is sometimes wrong.
              This message may be caused by encrypted VOBs, but also by wrong VOBU indexes in the IFOs.]
              well maybe its based on the removed protection? I really would say its pgcedit fault. I just cant find out where exactly this error is located.
              Does PGCedit have some internal error log?

[If you are sure that the VOBs are not encrypted, you should do a mock strip on the VOB that caused the problem. It's probably sufficient to fix the IFOs.]
              thing is, it happens with some other arccos titles aswell...how do i compare
              very fast any easy those ifos sets if one is ripped with dvdd and one with another ripper?

[Most of the time, this error is caused by the fact that the VOBs have been modified with another program, and then copied over the original ones, without the IFOs (or vice versa). Therefore, the tables in the IFOs are not the right ones. See this thread for an example.]
              i looked at this sectors and they are filled with 0 cause kind of dummy for protected sectors. But there are also other sectors which are filled like it but dont cause trouble. I will follow your recommendatons. If you have any idea
              how to find the causing puzzle please let me know

thank you very much for your will and time to help!

kind regards
              Diego

Comment

• r0lZ
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by ZZ-Diego
                Dear r0lz,

thank you so much for answering to my problem. The problem is really weird.
                I can open this vob without problems and also shrinking with dvdshrink is
                possible but the error is still there if i open it afterwards in PGCEdit again.
                First i thought its just a vob header problem, then i thought its because of
                some encrypted parts and now i really dont know what to think about.
                It would be so important to compare to vobs for example to see wheres
                the difference. Also it seems theres some protection-jump-sector command what PGCEdit interprets as encrypted or something. I dont know. The important info would be, which bit or cell causes this alert and problem.
                The vob is purely not encrypted...thats for sure...
                Hum, I have never seen an arccos protected DVD in my life! Maybe it's because I live in zone 2? Anyway, sectors filled with zeros in VOB files are not 'standard'. Maybe it's the problem.

also i ripped the film with dvdd and exchanged this particular vob. After that the alert moved to sector 5460 or something like that. So is it a ifo problem then or a vob problem? I cant see clear here.... please help.
                You may not copy a VOB in an existing compilation without fixing the IFO tables!!!! I explained that in my prev post. DO A MOCK STRIP, or your DVD will be totally unplayable!

well maybe its based on the removed protection? I really would say its pgcedit fault. I just cant find out where exactly this error is located.
                Does PGCedit have some internal error log?
                No, PgcEdit's algorithm to parse the VOBs is good, unless the IFOs or the VOBs are not correct, or doesn't match each other. Do a mock strip!
                And no, there is no hidden log in PgcEdit.

thing is, it happens with some other arccos titles aswell...how do i compare very fast any easy those ifos sets if one is ripped with dvdd and one with another ripper?
                I don't know.

[Most of the time, this error is caused by the fact that the VOBs have been modified with another program, and then copied over the original ones, without the IFOs (or vice versa). Therefore, the tables in the IFOs are not the right ones. See this thread for an example.]
                i looked at this sectors and they are filled with 0 cause kind of dummy for protected sectors. But there are also other sectors which are filled like it but dont cause trouble. I will follow your recommendatons. If you have any idea how to find the causing puzzle please let me know
                I don't know how DVDD removes the protection. But if there are still protected sectors in the VOBs it produces, I can't do anything. PgcEdit needs clean VOBs and IFOs. Sorry.
                r0lZ

Comment

• ZZ-Diego
                  • Feb 2005

Dear r0lz,

because i dont want to mess up this PGCEdit related thread with this problem please join in this thread: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=52114

greetings
                  Diego

Comment

• blutach
                    • Oct 2004

Originally Posted by r0lZ
                    Thanks, guys!

@stearip: Nero is not able to keep the 32K gaps between IFO and BUPs, so you should not recommend it for burning stripped out DVD-VIDEOs. Use RecordNow! (Sonic or Stomp's version) or... PgcEdit!
                    The next version of PgcEdit will have the function to burn DL medias as well, with the possibility to select the layer break cell, with preview. Another thing Nero cannot do correctly!
                    Oh! That is priceless. Gunna hang that on the wall.

Regards
                    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Comment

• nwg
                      Left *****
                      • Jun 2003

What would the best way to do a a movie only uncompressed backup?

Would it be best to do it in Shrinks Reauthor mode with the layer break removed. Then use PgcEdit to select the layer break position and burn with DVDD.

I still haven't had any problems doing 1:1 copies with Nero. My father tried to do a movie only backup (when I said it wouldn't work) and created a coaster. He did ripped movie only in DVDD and then burned with Nero. The disc is not recognised in any DVD player. Luckily. it still work in a PC (inc my LG 4040 which doesn't recognise DL media but it is set to DVD ROM). I can make use of it as I have my PC connected to my home cinema.

He would also be happy if Nero put the layer break during a sentence as long as the DVD is like the original !

He only knows DVD2One, ripping with DVVD and Nero so he's DL burning methods are limited. Therefore, PgcEdit is too much for him.

Comment

• r0lZ
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by nwg
                        He only knows DVD2One, ripping with DVVD and Nero so he's DL burning methods are limited. Therefore, PgcEdit is too much for him.
                        So, why do you post in this thread?

IMHO, using PgcEdit v0.6.0 (still in beta phase) to burn a DL DVD is easy: load your DVD, click on the burn icon, select the layer break cell, click OK. That's all!

You will have to install ImgTool Classic and do the Burn setup once, though.
                        Also, I suggest you turn ON the "When saving, leave at least 32K of space between IFO and BUP" option.

Oh, yes, you can use DVDShrink to extract your main movie. It works well. But I suggest that you leave the LB as it is, as it will be selected by default by PgcEdit. You will be able to remove it anyway with PgcEdit, if you want to change the layer break location.

Nero is well known to burn coasters with DL DVDs.
                        r0lZ

Comment

• blutach
                          • Oct 2004

The burning with PgcEdit guide will be updated asap folks (when the UI is set after release of 6.0).

And yes, if you want it like the original, ensure DVD Shrink does not remove the LB. PgcEdit will show this cell in blue by default.

Regards
                          Les

Comment

• r0lZ
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Mar 2004

PgcEdit 0.6.0

PgcEdit 0.6.0 released.
                            • A. Burn DVD / Create ISO support for Double Layer DVD+R and DL DVD-R:
                              - The method allow the user to select the layer break in a wide range of cells (actually twice as wide as the 'standard' method)!
                              - Added a GUI to specify the Layer Break cell.
                              - Added menu "Options -> Burn / Create ISO setup" menu to call the Burn Setup dialog directly from the main window.
                              - The Burn Setup window has been modified to include, among other things, the capacity of a single layer DVD and of a double layer DVD.
                              - New starter app for MacOSX (v0.5a), by Pucklock, including mkisofs 2.01 (needed for the Create ISO function.) Thanks to Pucklock! Note that this new starter app starts the X11 version automatically instead of the Aqua version.
                            • R. Removed the original link to DVD Decrypter's homepage in the Burn Setup dialog because this page is discontinued, and may be monitored by "a major DVD company". Replaced by a direct download link at VideoHelp.
                            • A. Utilities -> Remap Title Numbers function to renumber the Titles. The references to the Title numbers in the VMG are automatically updated.
                            • A. Utilities -> Delete last VTS in DVD function. Use this function only when the last titleset is not referenced!
                            • A. Info -> Find Jumps To Nowhere function showing commands and PrevPGCN, NextPGCN or GoUpPGCN links jumping to non existing PGCs or Titles.
                            • A. Calls Cross References: Added listing of jumps to nowhere references.
                            • A. Added an option to display the PGC labels as text in the context menu of an empty line of the PGC selector.
                            • A. Added shortcut Control+P to launch the PGC Preview.
                            • A. Added the first step to implement plugins for PgcEdit in the future.
                            • A. Added an option to change the default listbox background color to white when running PgcEdit under X11. (Linux, and MacOSX with Tk-X11 only)
                            • E. After 'Clone PGC' or 'New Play All Title', the number of buttons of the new PGC is now displayed in the PGC Selector.
                            • E. Menu Editor: Changed the menu labels Buttons -> Align vertically and Align horizontally to Align on same column and Align on same row.
                            • E. Now, there is no need to select your Web Browser the first time an HTML page is opened under Mac OSX: the 'open' command is used instead.
                            • E. Under Linux and Mac OSX, the config files are now saved in "~/.PgcEdit/".
                              Under all platforms, the leading dot has been removed from the filenames.
                            • F. Burn DVD: The calculation of the size of DVD-ROM files crashed when an empty DVD-ROM directory was present in the compilation.
                            • F. Fixed some bugs in the Find All function: the line number (when the target was a pre, post or cell command) and the cell number (when the target was a button or BOV) were off by 1, and the button group was not always correctly displayed. The GUI has been changed also to avoid the Tcl/Tk limitaiton of the number of occurences that can be displayed in a canvas.
                            • F. Jump to PGC Upon DVD Insert macro: when several LUs were present and the user selected the option to process all LUs, there was a bug in the reconstruction of the commands of the modified PGCs in LU 2 and following.
                            • F. PGC Editor: The color table was not saved after an Import Colors from an IFO file.
                            • F. An error occured when trying to hi-lite the target of a Jump command when the target VTS was not present.
                            • F. It was sometimes impossible to close the "Go to calling command" window.
                            • F. PgcEdit Preview Version 2.0, by jeanl. Fixes 3 bugs. See history below.

Also new on my homepage:
                            • New MacOSX starter app v0.5a, including mkisofs v2.1 (needed for the new Create ISO function)
                            • New guide by blutach: How to burn Double Layer Disks with PgcEdit. (discussion thread)
                            • Updated version of Tobi's PgcEdit Anleitung.PDF and Beispiele.PDF, updated for PgcEdit 0.6.0, including a guide on how to burn Double Layer DVDs.
                            • Alternate set of toolbar icons, by Sweetness.
                            • And much more...
                            r0lZ

Comment

• ZZ-Diego
                              • Feb 2005

Dear r0lz,

thank you very much for this PGCEdit 0.6.0 update.

Could you have another look at this css encryption error which is based on dummy sectors by magic dvd ripper? The error message still isnt gone...

something blutach is referring to:

respectfully
                              Diego

Comment

• r0lZ
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Mar 2004

Thanks for reminding it! I will at least change the message, and perhaps also write something to bypass automatically the error dialogs.
                                r0lZ

Comment

Working...