Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZZ-Diego
    • Feb 2005

Dear r0lZ,

i tested PgcEdit 0.6.1 beta 5 now and its great!Is there a little chance for this "css encryption message" being fixed in the next release of PGCEdit?

best regards
    Diego
    Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd, you look out for one another.

Comment

• r0lZ
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Mar 2004

Well, I think it should be fixed now.
      The error detection now checks the 4 bytes values at addresses 0, 0x26 and 0x400 of the nav pack.
      If all these values are zero, then this message is displayed: "May be a ARccOS protection sector skipped by DVD Decrypter."
      Otherwise, the old mechanism to test for CSS encryption is used, and if the encrypted bit is found, this message is displayed: "The VOB file may be CSS encoded. Rip the DVD again with DVD Decrypter." If not, finally, this message is used: "Nav Pack identifier not valid. VOB doesn't match the IFOs. Try to do a mock strip with IfoEdit."

But note that I've never seen an ARccOS protected DVD! Maybe because I live in zone 2, or because I hate the commercial U.S. movies that are generally protected by that method.
      Anyway, I've heard that the sectors replaced by DVD Decrypter are filled with zeros. If it's true, you should see a correct error message since beta 5.

BTW, if you know a good example of an ARccOS protected Z2 DVD, let me know. I'll try it.
      r0lZ
      PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
      Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• ZZ-Diego
        • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by r0lZ
        Well, I think it should be fixed now.
        BTW, if you know a good example of an ARccOS protected Z2 DVD, let me know. I'll try it.
        Dear r0lz,

one good example for a ARccOS protected dvd for testing would be "The Forgotten" RC2.

best regards
        Diego
        Last edited by ZZ-Diego; 5 Sep 2005, 04:44 AM.
        Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
        Manfred: That's what you do in a herd, you look out for one another.

Comment

• blutach
          Not a god of digital video
          • Oct 2004

I understand that CLoser R2 in various markets - UK, Holland, Spain, and Italy has been a problem. Not sure of Be.

Regards
          Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
          [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• r0lZ
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Mar 2004

Well, I have tested PgcEdit 0.6.1 beta 7 with The Forgotten R2, ripped with DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0, with the Remove Structure Protection option enabled.
            I can't see any problem.

Apparently, DVDD replaces the bad sectors with empty sectors, filled with zeros. It patches also the IFOs so that these sectors are not referernced anymore.
            When PgcEdit parses the VOB files to find menu buttons or BOVs, it uses the infos in the IFOs to determine the start and end sectors of the cells. Since the bad sectors are not referenced anymore, PgcEdit don't need to read them. Therefore, there are no error messages at all.
            So, I don't understand your question
            Originally Posted by ZZ-Diego
            Is there a little chance for this "css encryption message" being fixed in the next release of PGCEdit?
            However, I have also added a new function in the PUO plugin (currently available only as a beta) to remove the PUOs in all VOB files of the DVD. This function works differently. The whole VOB is scanned, starting at the first nav pack (at sector 0). The infos in the current nav pack are used to find the address of the next nav pack, and jump to it. This process is repeated until the end of the VOB file(s) is reached.
            In this case, when PgcEdit reaches a sectors replaced by DVDD, the correct error message is displayed.
            However, in v1.0 of the plugin, there is a problem. Since, in an 'empty' nav pack, the pointer to the end of the current VOBU is zero, PgcEdit cannot find the next valid nav pack, and stops processing the VOBs of the current domain. I have fixed that in v1.1. Now, when an 'empty' nav pack is found, an error message is displayed, and all sectors are read sequentially until the next valid nav pack is found. It's slow, but it works.

To summarize: Currently, PgcEdit seems to be OK with the ARccOS 'bug'. The current beta version of the PUO plugin has still a problem, but it will be fixed with the final release of PgcEdit 0.6.1.

You can download the latest PgcEdit beta and the latest plugins here. Please try them, and let me know if everything is OK.
            r0lZ

Comment

• spawn4ever
              Pro Videographer
              • Sep 2005

CSS & Macrovision Protection

r0lZ great work

This piece of software is looking good and its taken a pretty nice shape since i first laid eyes on it. I have a quick questions for you though, or to anyone out there that can help me. I’m trying to ADD some encryption on my DVDs that are already authored and in VOB format with the whole DVD structure. How can I go about, by using your software, add CSS and macrovision protection?

Will your software allow me to do that and is there a tutorial or a step by step guide that will show me how to do it?

Hope you can help and keep up the good work Mate.

Thank you

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o></o>

<o></o>
              </P></FONT></FONT>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Comment

• 2COOL
                Kamen Moderator V3
                • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by spawn4ever
                r0lZ How can I go about, by using your software, add CSS and macrovision protection?
                PgcEdit can't do it for you but Ulead DVD Workshop can.

Copy Protection
                Add copyright protection to your DVD titles with Macrovision and CSS options.
                Here's a relevant thread.

And another.
                There are two basic protection schemes for DVD copying.
                The short answer is, you can't use them freely so unless you are prepared to pay licence and royalties per disc you produce, forget it.

Macrovision Analog Copy protection AGC
                You cannot use the macrovision protection (to turn the bits on) unless you pay licence fee to macrovision + royalties per each copy of disc you distribute.

Content Scrambling System (CSS)
                There is a $15,000 annual licensing fee but no per disc royalties.
                Last edited by 2COOL; 22 Sep 2005, 08:10 AM.
                2CL C Henshin!
                If you got a dollar for everytime someone called you ugly, you'd be a millionaire...an "ugly" millionaire.±

Comment

• r0lZ
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Mar 2004

Properly summarized, 2COOL!
                  PgcEdit cannot set or remove macrovision or CSS protection, and will never support that (for my safety )
                  Also, I really don't know how CSS works, and it's not concern of mine. Sorry.
                  r0lZ

Comment

• spawn4ever
                    Pro Videographer
                    • Sep 2005

Hi Guys,

2COOL, Thank you very much for getting that info. I do use Ulead Workshop pro to author my DVDs but I run into the issue of file size where I accede the 4.7 threshold and I then have to use DVD shrink which will then remove the Macrovision protection. Since the DVD structure is already done I can no longer use Ulead to add Macrovision.

And as far as CSS protection goes, I suspected that it was a costly solution, I didn’t realize it was THAT much. Would you or anyone happen to know what high end professional software would let you protect you DVDs with those two encryption? (like Sonic Scenarist, maybe?)

R0lZ, I can totally understand why you wouldn’t want to dabble with encryption keys in your software for your own sake. Still a fantastic software by the way.

And Thanks again 2COOL

SpWaN4eVeR
                    Last edited by spawn4ever; 23 Sep 2005, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• blutach
                      • Oct 2004

DVD Shrink does not need to remove MV. See Edit --> Prefs --> Output Files

Regards
                      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Comment

• r0lZ
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Mar 2004

Blu, spawn4ever don't want to remove macrovision and CSS, he wants to add them! It's a little bit unusual to find such requests in this forum, but why not?
                        r0lZ

Comment

• blutach
                          • Oct 2004

As we know to add MV is probably not that hard, except AFAIK, MV actually owns some sort of right over byte 0x0031 of the NavPacks in the VOBs.

Regards
                          Last edited by blutach; 23 Sep 2005, 11:53 PM.
                          Les

Comment

• r0lZ
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Mar 2004

PgcEdit 0.6.1

PgcEdit 0.6.1 released

Main changes from latest beta (PgcEdit 0.6.1 beta 12):
                            ImgBurn support. Thanks Lightning UK!
                            New Remap Titlesets function, to rearrange the order of the titlesets (safely! .)
                            New user's comments support, to document the PGCs. (See the Options menu, too.)
                            And some other minor changes and bug fixes.

Main changes from 0.6.0:
                            The main menus have been revamped. There are also some improvments in the GUI of many functions.
                            New functions to create a blank cell in any PGC, and a function to replace a Title domain by an imported one, keeping the menu intact.
                            Improvments in the Trace mode, with some new functions in the State menu, and new keyboard shortcuts.
                            The Renumber GOTOs feature has been improved to work also when copying/pasting commands with GOTOs.
                            Some bug fixes. And much more...

Also, there are 4 plugins for PgcEdit availables for download on my homepage.
                            Note to DVDShrink users: I have removed the two DVDShrink specific functions from the main program. They are now availables in the DVDShrink plugin.

PgcEdit 0.6.1 version history:
                            • A. = Added feature.
                            • E. = Enhancement.
                            • R. = Removed.
                            • F. = Bug fix.
                            • A. Burn: Added support for ImgBurn. The burn function now uses ImgBurn instead of DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO. Although it is recommended to use ImgBurn, it is still possible to use DVD Decrypter, for backward compatibility.
                            • A. Burn: Added a "Launch ImgBurn" button in the burn dialog to easily examine your blank media before launching the burn operation.
                            • A. The "Fix number of streams" macro is now launched automatically when a DVD is opened (but not when the DVD is reopened). If some discrepancies are found, the user is prompted to fix them. An option to disable this feature has been added in the Options menu.
                            • A. PGC Editor: Added a function to create a blank cell in a PGC. Can be used also in a dummy PGC. You may use VobBlanker to replace the new cell. Useful if you want to add a new clip or a menu page in a domain.
                            • A. New function "File -> Replace VTST Titles" to replace the current VTST domain by an imported one. Can be used to replace a VTST domain after a reencoding or a shrink of a title with DVDShrink in reauthor mode.
                            • A. Trace Mode -> State menu: Added functions to snapshot the current trace position and state, to be able to return to a snapshot point at any time. Also, some snapshot points are automatically saved during the trace. This feature can be used as a limited undo of the last trace steps. Drawback: the 'PGC Played' flags and highlights are lost after a restore.
                            • A. Trace Mode: A special snapshot point is recorded automatically when the user quits the trace mode, and restored when the trace mode is reenabled (and when the current DVD is reopened with File -> Reopen DVD). It can also be restored with State -> Return to -> Trace Mode Closed.
                            • A. Trace mode: Added some keyboard shortcuts, available in trace mode only:
                              - Control-Right: -> Step
                              - Control-Up: ->> Next PB
                              - Control-Down: ->>> Run
                              - Control-Left: ->| Break
                              - Escape: ->| Break
                            • A. Added some keyboard shortcuts in main panel:
                              - Control+Shift+B: Incremental backup,
                              - Control+Alt+B: Restore Backup
                              and one shortcut available only when the command pane is active:
                              - Control-Insert: Append to Scratchbook
                            • A. Added "Display PGCs list as text" function in the Info menu.
                            • A. Added a progress bar in the status bar.
                            • A. Menu buttons viewer: It is now possible to right-click on the Image < and Image > buttons to display the prev/next background by larger steps.
                            • A. New function "DVD -> Remap Titlesets" to rearrange the order of the Titlesets. This function renumbers the JumpSS-VTSM commands automatically.
                            • A. New functions to add, modify, export and import user comments for the PGCs. The comments are displayed in the PGC selector pane, in the current PGC title and in all places where a PGC label is displayed.
                            • A. Added an option to allow PgcEdit to automatically add PGC comments when creating new PGCs or for information purposes. Currently, the Calls Cross References and Import Startup/Intro/Closing Clip functions are able to create comments automatically.
                            • A. Added an option to automatically load and save the PGC comments in the backup folder when a DVD is opened or saved.
                            • E. The Utilities and Macros menus are now removed, and replaced by the DVD, Domain, PGC, Menu and Title menus.
                            • E. The Options menu is now splitted in sub-menus Startup, Input/Output, User Interface and Command Editor.
                            • E. Moved the Plugins menu before the Tools menu. (Was after the Tools menu.)
                            • E. The Return key can now be used to accept all requesters. (Same action as clicking the OK button.)
                            • E. Added an Help button in the Search All results, and in the Go to Calling Command windows.
                            • E. Added several options in the PGC Editor's Celltimes.txt function.
                            • E. It is now possible to delete a range of cells at once in the PGC Editor.
                            • E. In the PGC Editor's subpic streams assignments frame, a message shows now which subpic streams are really necessary according to the current domain stream attributes. Also, in the assign streams GUI, the unused streams are now grayed out, although it is still possible to modify the assignment.
                            • E. It is now impossible to configure the Domain Streams Attributes's video mode with an illegal combination of flags (for example 4:3 + LetterBox or Pan&Scan, or 16:9 without either Letterbox or Pan&Scan or both.)
                            • E. The GUI of the Remap Title Numbers function has been enhanced.
                            • E. Renumber GOTOs option: The GOTO commands duplicated or copied/pasted to the clipboard are now also automatically renumbered.
                            • E. It is now possible to specify the GPRM to use for the Import First-Play Clip and Import Title's Intro Clip functions, and force the macro to continue even if there are no unused GPRMs remaining in the DVD.
                            • E. Added an option in the Import Title's Intro Clip macro to display the intro clip only the first time the title is played.
                            • E. Changed the default settings for the "Enable Navigation Buttons" macro.
                            • E. Trace: Renamed the preview option "Start Preview automatically when playing a cell?" to "Open Preview automatically when playing a cell?".
                            • E. Trace's snapshot menu: The PGC label and pre/post/cell line number are now displayed in the menu items of the Snapshot submenus, and a new "Clear all Snapshots" function has been added.
                            • E. Info -> PGC: Added the Angle number in the cells list.
                            • E. Info -> PGC param and Cells tables: Added the total playing time for each domain, and the total playing time for the whole DVD.
                            • E. PUO editor: added a button to input the PUOs as a value. Can be used to paste the value in the PUO_plugin.
                            • E. Better handling and error messages when an invalid Nav Pack is found when scanning for menu buttons or BOVs.
                            • E. The error message displayed when trying to load an encrypted VOB from the DVD drive says now clearly that it's a CSS encryption problem.
                            • R. The DVDShrink Remote Buttons and DVDShrink Streams Remapping macros are removed. The same functions are now availables in the DVDShrink Plugin , as well as two new functions to launch DVDShrink from within PgcEdit.
                            • R. Burn: Removed the "Download Daemon Tools" button on systems running in Germany and Unided Kingdom, due to legal issues in these countries.
                            • F. Burning double layer DVDs did not work if the "Split ISO image into 1 GB chunks" option was enabled.
                            • F. The VTS_TMAPT table is now updated upon creation or deletion of a PGC in the Title domain.
                            • F. The Title number displayed in the PGC selector was wrong when the TTNs were not stored in ascending order in the title domain.
                            • F. A Set, SetCLnk, CSetLnk or CSetCLnk using a SPRM as the first operand of the IF condition was not flagged as invalid. However, it was not possible to enter such an illegal command in the command editor.
                            • F. Command Editor: Fixed the error opening the Command Editor when the "Start in Trace Mode" option was on and a DVD was loaded via the command line.
                            • F. Fixed a very rare bug in the handling of the Command Editor window size.
                            • F. The PGC Editor window was too small when displayed on a 800x600 screen.
                            • F. Menu viewer/editor: When a menu group has both the Letterbox AND Pan&Scan flags set, the menu was displayed in pan&scan mode. Now, PgcEdit checks the video attributes of the current domain to determine the display mode.
                            • F. It was possible to crash the BOVs menu viewer/editor if the scan for BOVs of the current titleset was interrupted.
                            • F. Trace mode: When the Next Chapter button was pressed when the last program was playing, sometimes the last program was played again, instead of the NextPGCN link or post command.
                            • F. Trace mode: The Title PUOs (in the VMG_TT_SRPT table) were not displayed in the Watch PUOs window.
                            • F. Trace mode: In "Next PB" mode, the playback stopped when entering the post commands of a dummy PGC. Now, the playback stops only if there is a pre/ post breakpoint on the dummy PGC.
                            • F. On foreign window platforms, the config files were saved in the user's home (or in the "Application Data" folder if this folder was present.) Now, the config files are saved in the correct application data folder, even if his name is different.
                            • F. Fixed some little bugs when a VTS has no VTS_TMAPTI table at all.
                            • F. A bug prevented the Create New Blank Cell function to automatically save the DVD.
                            • F. New version v1.11 of PsKill.exe by SysInternals.com (in the bin folder under Windows). The previous version was sometimes wrongly identified as a possible virus by some virus killers.
                            • F. New 'Play All' Title bug: In trace mode, JumpVTS_TT to the new TTN was unable to find the target PGC.

PgcEdit 0.6.1 includes PgcEditPreview v2.1, by Jeanl:
                            • Fixed the overlay buffer pointers that were not set to 0 when "no overlay" was selected.
                            • Now allocating oversized blocks to avoid crashes that have been seen with (probably) faulty mpeg data. (See the Taelon posts on this page.)
                            r0lZ

Comment

• Taelon
                              Digital Video Specialist
                              Digital Video Specialist
                              • Sep 2005

Time to setup a PayPal account

WoW r0lZ, that's what I call a new release!

Just to emphasize what you said incase anybody skipped over the point:
                              Also, there are 4 plugins for PgcEdit availables for download on my homepage.
                              Note to DVDShrink users: I have removed the two DVDShrink specific functions from the main program. They are now availables in the DVDShrink plugin.

Start Here!
                              DVD Shrink for Dummies Guide
                              Search the Incredible Knowledgebases
                              DVD Shrink FAQ's - DVD Decrypter FAQ's
                              Eliminate CRC & Read Errors
                              Cleaning & Polishing Guide

Advanced DVD Reauthoring Essentials
                              PgcEdit v6.1 - Muxman - PgcDemux - VobBlanker v2.0.1

Comment

• blutach
                                • Oct 2004

A real big changelog r0lZ.

Magnificent work as usual.

Everybody - this is an essential free tool in any DVD authorer's, re-authorer's or editor's arsenal.

Regards
                                Les

Comment

Working...